The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Review of the White Sheep Leather Vol. 2 Jacket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ghrjKCTAQ

You say in the review that the jacket is made with real leather however if you go to their site the description for the jacket reads:

• Cordura Fabric + Faux Leather
  • Original YKK Zippers
  • Red Cordura + Red and brow Faux leather
  • Zip closure with Front Flap
  • Functional pockets on front and sleeve
  • Mesh lining
  • Fine premium stitching

Which is obviously in contradiction to what you received. Did you have to special order yours?

I would definitely be interested in having them make me one but I really don't like fake leather at all.

You say in the review that the jacket is made with real leather however if you go to their site the description for the jacket reads:

• Cordura Fabric + Faux Leather
  • Original YKK Zippers
  • Red Cordura + Red and brow Faux leather
  • Zip closure with Front Flap
  • Functional pockets on front and sleeve
  • Mesh lining
  • Fine premium stitching

Which is obviously in contradiction to what you received. Did you have to special order yours?

I would definitely be interested in having them make me one but I really don't like fake leather at all.

Message them on Facebook, I changed my red fabric to the lighter stretch and was told the red leather was leather. The brown is faux, which is fine by me. Its actually high quality, thick and soft faux and not that cheap shiny wrinkly crap that China uses. You can pay extra for real leather.

Still no jacket StarLord78? I think I'm going with standard large but am interested to see your opinion of their weathering job. I want a good weathering look but I've never done it. So, if they do a pretty good job, Ill go with that and just improve it if I can. But if they mush paint all over it in blotches I'll need to get it non-weathered lol.

The jacket was shipped out Tuesday and should get it on Monday.

1.jpg2.jpgFinished weathering my White Sheep Leather jacket. note this is the lighter red stretch fabric and with weathering it comes out to this color.

Review and video here before most weathering was done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ghrjKCTAQ

Ok, got my white Sheep Leather jacket today, and man does it look amazing. Really well made and looks like it will last for ever. The weathering looks great too It fits snug so I probably could of gone the next size up. I would post pics, but the lighting sucks so I will try tomorrow or the next day. I am very happy with it, but did have a few issues with it. The zipper flap won’t stay on the chest and the left side of the back flap lifts up. Also the bottom strap on the left arm is bigger than the rest so it sticks out. Lastly when I go to zip it up, I need to lift it up to zip meaning it’s a little small there( if that makes sense). I know that’s a lot but I figure I’ll give my full review. But with all that said, I am still happy with it and will definitely recommend it.

Last edited:
Wow, they found the hardware for the right shoulder. Or they made it from scratch (not likely). I'm impressed.
I just bought 1 Gold Rectangle Sew-On Snap from PacificTrimming.com The 1 Sidewaysgts has on his jacket is the Male end of the Snap, the 1 SPIDERPIGC has on his jacket is the Female end. Does anyone know which is the correct one to use? Should it be weathered?

I just bought 1 Gold Rectangle Sew-On Snap from PacificTrimming.com The 1 Sidewaysgts has on his jacket is the Male end of the Snap, the 1 SPIDERPIGC has on his jacket is the Female end. Does anyone know which is the correct one to use? Should it be weathered?

Of course pacific trimming has them... I thought I checked that. As for which one to use I can answer that if I can see pics of them... but the back side of them. So when you get yours, post pics of both sides of both pieces, and I can tell you which to use. And very weathered, to the point it's brown/black.

Starlord78 Awesome. Definitely post close ups of the weathering. So, you say it's a bit snug. How close are your measurements to the size measurements? Meaning, if medium jacket chest is 40, are you 38 chest and it's a bit too snug? That would tell me if they run a bit tight if I want to get large. Thanks

D2EB8A87-DF45-4FE5-AA15-2CCA8582B12C.jpeg315A7E0F-2A3A-4E30-AE16-0BD5AA63AEE6.jpeg2E625133-E62D-4A8D-8F03-CCD569F95C04.jpeg242EC2B1-631C-4FD1-A4DE-B44759C81440.jpeg

I took these yesterday and will take closer ones to show the weathering tomorrow. My chest size is 37 and the jacket is 38 ( I think) So it’s not super tight but a large would probably work unless they do run smaller in size. When it’s zipped up, it’s a bit tight when I left my arms up in the air. But there is some room in the chest and the arms when they are down.

Last edited:
Of course pacific trimming has them... I thought I checked that. As for which one to use I can answer that if I can see pics of them... but the back side of them. So when you get yours, post pics of both sides of both pieces, and I can tell you which to use. And very weathered, to the point it's brown/black.
Here are the pictures requested. The one's I have are Gold.
They also have Antique Brass, which looks like what you were describing for the weathering. Picture of that is also attached. 20180210_213935.jpg Screenshot_20180210-071042.jpg

VinXero Slimshadow457 did your flap on the back stick out or was lifted? If so what did you do to fix it? Was thinking on using valcro or maybe sew it on the jacket. FoxTrot1138 the measurements on the site for the med said 38-40, but the jacket itself might be 38 or 39 since the arms fit snugly ( well there might be a little room. Will need to check again) and the body has some room but not as much when it’s zipped up ( even though I had to lift the bottom of the jacket to zip it up) and my chest size is 37. Hopefully this helps out. I’ll take more pics tomorrow when there is better light outside and post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Finally got these pics up. Been giving me trouble uploading them. I got some Velcro and stuck it behind the zipper flap to hold it in place over the breast until I get the pin/comm. I have noticed there is no rivet on the left back flap so that's why it lifts up. Maybe I can find an exact one or one close and fix it.

@VinXero @Slimshadow457 did your flap on the back stick out or was lifted? If so what did you do to fix it? Was thinking on using valcro or maybe sew it on the jacket. @FoxTrot1138 the measurements on the site for the med said 38-40, but the jacket itself might be 38 or 39 since the arms fit snugly ( well there might be a little room. Will need to check again) and the body has some room but not as much when it’s zipped up ( even though I had to lift the bottom of the jacket to zip it up) and my chest size is 37. Hopefully this helps out. I’ll take more pics tomorrow when there is better light outside and post them.

I tacked mine down to the jacket with some thread. Took about 10min and stays perfectly flat but still looks dimensional.

Awesome, thanks for pics. Pretty much decided on what I need

View attachment 795093View attachment 795094View attachment 795096View attachment 795095View attachment 795097View attachment 795098

Finally got these pics up. Been giving me trouble uploading them. I got some Velcro and stuck it behind the zipper flap to hold it in place over the breast until I get the pin/comm. I have noticed there is no rivet on the left back flap so that's why it lifts up. Maybe I can find an exact one or one close and fix it.

I'm going with the standard large and hope I can tailor it if need be. I like the look of cordura but I'm gonna do real leather instead of the faux. I'll weather it myself.
I actually just got my rubies blasters today, so I'm excited to get started on something tangible.

@VinXero My jacket has a funny smell. How did you get rid of it on yours?

@FoxTrot1138 you are welcome. Glad to of help out. Which one did you decide on?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a TOTAL stab in the dark

I’m looking to get my hands on one of the ANOVOS Star lord jackets- size large.

If anyone here got one and decides they don’t want to keep it or can’t or even knows someone wanting to let theirs go-

Please let me know!

I’ll gladly buy it off of them

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back