STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Empire Day was awesome and the first of a multi episode story. My fav so far and very action packed. :)

Ben

Empire Day was great. I know I keep saying it week after week, but it remains to be true- I find myself liking this show more and more with each episode.

I love The Inquisitor. I like that he never rushes, he just walks everywhere. He seems to have a huge ego and absolutely no fear. It makes him a good villain.

The show definitely has an OT sort of feel to it.

I hear you, but on the other hand, Clone Wars sometimes dragged out things over several episodes that didn't warrant it. Maybe there was some internal backlash about that. Also, if it's aimed more at kids, there will be fewer long arc stories I assume.

I'm cool with no multi-story arcs if it means no more comically-tiny frog commanders doing DeForest Kelly impressions.

Pretty sure that's the only episode/s in the series that I outright skipped.

After "Empire Day" I wonder how many people are planning Inquisitor flight suit costumes, I can see that bucket appealing to a lot of people. Speaking of which, I'd love a scene later on in the series where Ezra manages to steal the Inquisitor's bucket to add to his collection, or at least makes an attempt to steal it.

I've recently tried to start watching Clone Wars again to get my fix in between episodes of Rebels, and I much prefer Rebels. Clone Wars is just too stylized for me.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how Hera could put on her headgear by herself. Its pretty much impossible. Basically someone would have to slide it up over the tentacles from behind. Even then I don't really see how it is possible.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how Hera could put on her headgear by herself. Its pretty much impossible. Basically someone would have to slide it up over the tentacles from behind. Even then I don't really see how it is possible.

You Haven't yet seen what I can do with my testic.......oh you said tentacles.Sorry

Ben

Gathering Forces finally convinced me that this show can be equal to the best of Clone Wars. What an amazing episode.

When it cuts back from the Rodian to Ezra surrounded by the creatures...chills.

Random thoughts on the two story arc:
1. Great lighting. An odd thing to notice but it was varied and felt very authentic.
2. Dig the new TIE. Do NOT dig the Inquisitor's silly helmet.
3. Hyperspace lane changing was a bit Star Trek, but I dug it.
4. Did I catch a few Akira nods? Yes and more yes.
5. Less spinny saber, so that's good. The Inquisitor will be a great baddie.
6. Why are pictures in this series shown as cartoons? It really jars me. There's no need for it.

Gathering Forces finally convinced me that this show can be equal to the best of Clone Wars. What an amazing episode.

When it cuts back from the Rodian to Ezra surrounded by the creatures...chills.

Random thoughts on the two story arc:
1. Great lighting. An odd thing to notice but it was varied and felt very authentic.
2. Dig the new TIE. Do NOT dig the Inquisitor's silly helmet.
3. Hyperspace lane changing was a bit Star Trek, but I dug it.
4. Did I catch a few Akira nods? Yes and more yes.
5. Less spinny saber, so that's good. The Inquisitor will be a great baddie.
6. Why are pictures in this series shown as cartoons? It really jars me. There's no need for it.

The positive when compared to Clone Wars: No freaking Jar-Jar, that pile of immature child-pandering piece of crap.

RUMOR!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/34862/post-jedi-animated-star-wars-planned

Disney XD's animated series "Star Wars: Rebels" is at the mid-point of its first season run and a second season is already set to go forward.Now, a new report at Slashfilm indicates there are already plans in place for its successor. The site claims that Disney and LucasFilm are planning around three or four seasons of 'Rebels,' with a follow-up series to then air in either 2017 or 2018.

Whilst 'Rebels' takes place between the prequel and original trilogy, this new series is said to be set in the same timeline as the sequel trilogy which begins with next year's "Star Wars: The Force Awakens".

The site also says it's unknown if key creative team members on 'Rebels' will transfer over to this new series which has not been confirmed by either Disney or Lucasfilm.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back