Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

My avitar is dirrected at every SJW that exists! Enjoy!

Ah, here we go.
links

XM8vQ8
giphy.gif

Last edited:

My avitar is dirrected at every SJW that exists! Enjoy!

But... we already know you’re a petulant man-baby who’d rather cry and be rude than have thoughtful responses.

Why on Earth would you and @SethS do that? Don't you enjoy endlessly arguing with a bunch of middle aged men with with no children fighting over a space fantasy movie meant for children? That's crazy talk, cute baby by the way. :)

Well I`m middle aged with no children so at least I can never be accused of using them at every opportunity to shamelessly promote things I have a financial interest in.

Wanna see a cute baby? Take a look at this one.

Ugly man child.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bladerunner didn't make the expected money when it came out... neither did the sequel.

Both must be garbage - that's not anyone's opinion... it's fact.

It is FACT that Bladerunner is garbage cuz it was a boxoffice bomb.

Facts.

Maybe it was a victim of piracy/torrent sharing?

The fan-on-fan rage only serves to make the dark side midi-chlorian count within Rian Johnson stronger. I get the sense that this is exactly what allows him to sleep soundly every night with a permanent grin...The hate and divisiveness of the fan community is his warm milk.

Last edited:

Lets hope that warm milk will provide him succor when he realises the members of the I got fired from Lucusfilm club is increased by one more member.

Since there are no published tenets of what belongs in Star Wars, each individual is left to watch ANH and ESB (by your reckoning) and then interpret for themselves what belongs in Star Wars.

Ignoring for the fact that your personal view is severely limited as it disregards 80% of the franchise, nevertheless that sums up *YOUR* individual SWIQ. Each person's recations to--and subsequent decision to allow or disregard other parts of the franchise (as you yourself do) means that each individual's SWIQ will have different parameters than yours.

Therefore, it's possible that Paul Andrew's SWIQ is perfectly strong according to his personal SWIQ experience.

Kristen, 20% of the films--the theatrical cuts of Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back--represent the SWIQ standard. They define "Star Wars". The other 80% of films using that title are measured against them. But they each fall short, to varying degrees. They are therefore, not Star Wars films, but rather, SWINO films. (Star-Wars-In-Name-Only.)

Now, since you don't accept this, since you think that, The Last Jedi, has as much to do with defining what Star Wars is, then I got nothing for ya. You reject SWIQ. But you're mistaken--the absolute SWIQ standard, born out of the first two films, does exist. And my imperfect SWIQ is measured against it, just as yours and every other serious fan's is.

So just because you reject the absolute SWIQ standard, does not mean it does not exist. ;)

The Wook.

Ya know who else was reluctant to accept the destiny being forced upon him--shrinking away from it because he was afraid to answer destiny's call? A man by the name of *****, who told his Father he didn't want to be crucified--that there must be another way. *****' weakness, there, in the Garden of Gethsemane, was a "flaw" akin to the one you're attributing to Rey.

Well, my dear, yes...Rey is about as flawed as *****. Thank you for making my point for me. ;)
The Wook
Never mind. The thread is moving too fast.

Last edited:

I don't see it as being that dire. The films mostly continue to make money. (Solo notwithstanding.) The licensing is still valuable. I actually don't believe Solos performance at the box office is due to a boycott.

I don't know... It feels like a HUGE backlash/boycott is forming and SOLO "just" might be the beginning. We'll know for sure if EP 9 fails to meet expectation(s).

I don't know... It feels like a HUGE backlash/boycott is forming and SOLO "just" might be the beginning. We'll know for sure if EP 9 fails to meet expectation(s).

It may feel like that, especially if you travel in circles where lots of people are as passionate about their disdain for TLJ as some folks here are. I think the more likely reasons are:

1. The box office has been pretty soft in general. Solo had about the same percentage drop from week 1 to week 2 as Deadpool 2. It also led the box office for its first two weeks (I haven't checked since). It's been #1, albeit in an otherwise anemic box office environment. So, is it the film, or is it just that people aren't going to the movies after kinda blowing themselves out with Infinity War?

2. The marketing for Solo was (apparently) not as aggressive as for TFA, TLJ, or Rogue One. As I've said, I'm not really in a good position to comment on that, since I'm mostly disconnected from the usual advertising outlets (I run ad blockers on my browsers, I don't watch live TV, I tend to mute commercials on what I stream, I read news online and most of it is just political news where Solo wouldn't really advertise, and I listen to podcasts that don't advertise movies). On the streaming stuff that has commercials, I started seeing commercials for it maybe...2 weeks before release? Prior to that, all I'd really heard about it was its production difficulties and people here complaining that Alden was too short for the role.

3. As has been said, while people may have ended up enjoying it, it was a movie nobody asked for, and it wasn't the novelty of the first non-episodic Star Wars film the way Rogue One was.

I do expect that Episode IX will suffer some from fans still pissed about the sequel trilogy, but bear in mind that by the time ROTS came out, there were PLENTY of fans who were pissed livid about the direction of the PT...and they still went to see it and the film still grossed $848M worldwide.

I also think that there's going to be a marked difference between the "Star Wars Stories" and the episodes and how they perform. It wouldn't surprise me if Solo only barely breaks $400M when all is said and done, putting it about $100M below Rogue One worldwide. Not a success, but perhaps not the dire failure it was hyped up to be.

After seeing Ron Howard`s response today about his disappointment in seeing Solo on the receiving end of backlash from unhappy fans of other projects, it made me appreciate the value of such a seasoned professional and all round genuine good guy that I am considering going to see Solo this weekend. Unimaginable for me just a day ago.

This kind of attitude and demeanor is something that Johnson and a few others at Lucasfilm are seriously bereft of and they pale in comparison to the likes of Howard, Take note Disney. In regards to Episode Nein, SofaKing01 and what to expect from the majority of fans, you aint seen nothin yet.

And for those wanting threads locked out etc by mods unless you use the @ and their names, its really a rather hollow and pointless gesture.

The funny thing is that Ep9 will probably still make all the money in the world and nothing anyone here says is going to alter that. We're the Uber nerds and we are the vast minority still.

Kristen, 20% of the films--the theatrical cuts of Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back--represent the SWIQ standard. They define "Star Wars". The other 80% of films using that title are measured against them. But they each fall short, to varying degrees. They are therefore, not Star Wars films, but rather, SWINO films. (Star-Wars-In-Name-Only.)

Now, since you don't accept this, since you think that, The Last Jedi, has as much to do with defining what Star Wars is, then I got nothing for ya. You reject SWIQ. But you're mistaken--the absolute SWIQ standard, born out of the first two films, does exist. And my imperfect SWIQ is measured against it, just as yours and every other serious fan's is.

So just because you reject the absolute SWIQ standard, does not mean it does not exist. ;)

The Wook.

Unfortunately we only have *your* opinion which states that ANH and ESB (theatrical cuts) represent the only relevant material that is SWIQ. That is hardly objective or empirical. This assertion of yours, therefore, remains naught but an opinion, I'm afraid.

Paul AndrewThe funny thing is that the Uber nerds who you think are the vast majority didnt turn up for what anyone would think is an Uber nerds paradise. That same attitude see`s Solo where it is today. How did that turn out for you? You are aware there are other threads in this vast forum yes?

Ya know who else was reluctant to accept the destiny being forced upon him--shrinking away from it because he was afraid to answer destiny's call? A man by the name of *****, who told his Father he didn't want to be crucified--that there must be another way. *****' weakness, there, in the Garden of Gethsemane, was a "flaw" akin to the one you're attributing to Rey.

Well, my dear, yes...Rey is about as flawed as *****. Thank you for making my point for me. ;)

The Wook

Hmmm... that example doesn't exactly make your point for you, since your point was to show Rey as Flawless.

In your example above you have likened her to *****. And by your own account He was not flawless (at least not during his time in corporeal form on Earth) since He exhibited the same fear that Rey also did.

Fear IS a weakness... i think that is something that we can all agree on. It hinders us from accomplishing things, and is only overcome when we decide to ignore it and push forward. Therefore, if fear is a weakness--and both Rey and ***** both exhibited it--then I conclude that neither person was flawless.

I rather expect that makes My point.. yet again.

The funny thing is that Ep9 will probably still make all the money in the world and nothing anyone here says is going to alter that. We're the Uber nerds and we are the vast minority still.

I understand exactly what you're saying but why did SOLO fall so hard?

After seeing Ron Howard`s response today about his disappointment in seeing Solo on the receiving end of backlash from unhappy fans of other projects, it made me appreciate the value of such a seasoned professional and all round genuine good guy...

I hadn't seen that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back