Royal Guard ROTJ Visor

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have a new Royal Guard helmet and need a visor for it.But I cannot find any sources for this thin dark tinted plastic sheet.:cry

Has somebody a source for that stuff?

How thin
whats the colour
does it have to be transparent so you can see through it when the helmet is on

How thin
whats the colour
does it have to be transparent so you can see through it when the helmet is on

Very thin...1/2mm or max.1mm because you must bend it in the mask.
Dark smoke and red would be great...the Original ROTJ Guards had red tinted visors in the helmet.But I want to build dark smoke one behind the red one when possible.
And yes it must be transparent.
@Pedro:Thanks I will look about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very thin...1/2mm or max.1mm because you must bend it in the mask.
Dark smoke and red would be great...the Original ROTJ Guards had red tinted visors in the helmet.But I want to build dark smoke one behind the red one when possible.
And yes it must be transparent.
@Pedro:Thanks I will look about that.
Size measurements

Size measurements

28291546kt.jpg

You can get remnants of plexiglass in red from a sign shop (that deals with colored plexi for cheap), leave the film on, plexiglass can be bent by putting the piece of plexi in boiling water for under a min or use a heat gun (I like the water method as it heats the lens equally), use silicone tipped tongs (as to not damaged the softer lens) other wise you'll burn youself, don't use pliers as they'll mark up the lens, once pliable you can press it into the inside of the helmet where it will adopt the curve, keep pressed until cool, use light gloves for this, cotton garden gloves (they'll help protect your hands while the lens cools) will do the trick. Once you're happy with the shape, make your final trims (sanding block is handy for final touches), before you're ready to stick it place remove the outide film, remove the inner film at the end (always leave the lens protection film until the end).

Last edited:
i will get back to you I have a friend who works for a Perspex / plastic sheet company ;)

Thanks Ben...your the best!;):thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

You can get remnants of plexiglass in red from a sign shop (that deals with colored plexi for cheap), leave the film on, plexiglass can be bent by putting the piece of plexi in boiling water for under a min or use a heat gun (I like the water method as it heats the lens equally), use silicone tipped tongs (as to not damaged the softer lens) other wise you'll burn youself, don't use pliers as they'll mark up the lens, once pliable you can press it into the inside of the helmet where it will adopt the curve, keep pressed until cool, use light gloves for this, cotton garden gloves (they'll help protect your hands while the lens cools) will do the trick. Once you're happy with the shape, make your final trims (sanding block is handy for final touches), before you're ready to stick it place remove the outide film, remove the inner film at the end (always leave the lens protection film until the end).

I know this way with the boiling water,but you must be very fast and its very difficult to work in the RG helmet.So I would prefer the sheet.;)

Could always pick up one of T-Visor's offerings and trim it up. For the red, I just use dark red theatrical lighting gel. I still have most of a sheet, obviously. I can snip out a rectangle of it and drop it in the mail for you, if that's the direction you opt to go.

--Jonah

Could always pick up one of T-Visor's offerings and trim it up. For the red, I just use dark red theatrical lighting gel. I still have most of a sheet, obviously. I can snip out a rectangle of it and drop it in the mail for you, if that's the direction you opt to go.

--Jonah

Thanks...how thick is your material?Do you have a pic of your visor?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back