Black Panther (Post-release)

What did you think of Black Panther?

• Total voters
Why does it matter to you?

I'm wondering if theres a timeline on how much a movie makes in relation to the records. For example X movie makes $100 when it was in the theater for 30 days but Y movie made $101 but was in the theater for 90 days and broke its record. Wouldn't seem fair.

Also, as I've stated, I dont remember any Marvel movie still being in theaters when they came out on video. I've been trying to find stats but I can't seem to find squat. So if that is true, why is this movie still in theaters as opposed to the other 17 Marvel movies that werent.

Wakanda Forever!

N7Hikz7.jpg

I finally got around to watching this film, and I’ll be honest.. I was a little disappointed.

The supporing characters and T’Challa himself are what make this movie enjoyable for me. I understand where Killmonger was coming from and sympathize with his origin story, but I didn’t find him or his plan at all compelling.
The CGI in this film was bad. The suits, the sets, the car chase, the rhinos. It all felt very plastic and unpolished to me. Coming from Infinity War to this film makes it very apparent that much more time and money was spent on refinement in Infinity War.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. T’Challa has quickly become my second favorite hero character in the MCU.. I firmly believe they have everything there to make Black Panther 2 one of the best offerings in the MCU.

Aaaaand overrated movie of the year award goes to...Black Panther! What a friggin' chore that movie was. An absolutely obvious, by the numbers, forgettable Marvel movie. The critics were letting their white guilt write those 97% fresh reviews, methinks.

It was okay. I expected more, from all the hype and reviews.
Some of the digital effects were eye-rollingly bad.
Good job with the scale of the thing, though - it felt epic.
Probably the most comic-booky comic book movie yet.
Still doesn't crack my top 5, though.

Easily the worst Marvel movie to date, i can't remember ever wanting a superhero movie to end so i could go wash my hair or do my taxes.

Bland characters, boring story and to be fair a little racist at times.

Up there with The Last Jedi for worst movie of the year for me.

Good performances all around, but otherwise nothing special. The first hour dragged badly. The second hour moved better for me, but still a fairly disposable film. It seemed to borrow from better films.

Eye of the beholder.

I know I'm late to the party but me and my wife finally watched Black Panther. We wanted to see it in the theater but we rarely go anymore and stream most movies these days.

We both enjoyed it. It was a little long, but that was understandable considering they had to establish the characters and the world of Wakanda. The characters were engaging and we both agree that it had a stronger villain who had a motivation that wasn't revenge or domination over the world. I personally thought the costumes were great and I love the details on the Black Panther costume itself. I also enjoyed that the hero's conflict wasn't as clear cut as a lot of movies in this genre where he had to try and right the wrongs of his father and the generation that came before him. It was a strong script.

I hope to see more of Wakanda and these characters in future films. Plus his sister was great! The female characters felt real and well performed. I would take any of those characters over Rey from Star Wars in a heartbeat and that's because the writing was stronger than the Last Jedi.

I was also fine with the political overtones in the film because that's what motivates and informs the conflicts between the characters. It was well balanced and like some of the best comics it used fantastic elements and super powers to raise some thought provoking ideas without being preachy. That's hard to do without bogging down the story and to keep it light enough to be entertaining.

Overall it was definitely worth seeing and a strong new vision for the Marvel series.

Last edited:
Not at my Walmart. I've checked and double checked. Unless it's only with the 4k version. All the blu-rays there are disc only.

Checking Walmart's website, it's all Walmarts. They have the 4k + BD + Code, DVD-only, and "Walmart Exclusive" BD-only.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back