Mauser C96 Broomhandle Wartime Commercial (Han ANH DL-44 Build)

incredible. The firey blue of the old parts is particularly nice to see.

One of my favorite parts about that gun. I almost felt bad about converting it.

I’ve got some really good close ups of the blue bits before it was converted:

3da5655634424f5afe75f08fce620b57.jpg

64a9c3266fcc0cb427c50ad36d0a31cb.jpg

54249d961ecd55bedeeae0d15156971c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sooo happy, that I was able to acquire a real C96 (even if deactivated) long before the gun-laws changed for worse.

Yours is wonderful and I absolutely LOVE this blaster!!!

One of my favorite parts about that gun. I almost felt bad about converting it.

I’ve got some really good close ups of the blue bits before it was converted:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180424/3da5655634424f5afe75f08fce620b57.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180424/64a9c3266fcc0cb427c50ad36d0a31cb.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180424/54249d961ecd55bedeeae0d15156971c.jpg

Ignorance alert: what is the significance of the blue bits? (Other than they do just look pretty cool).

It really is beautiful nick. Congrats on an amazing piece and well done by Scott as usual.

Ignorance alert: what is the significance of the blue bits? (Other than they do just look pretty cool).

It really is beautiful nick. Congrats on an amazing piece and well done by Scott as usual.

Nothing significant about it, really. I’ve seen a few Mausers and other older firearms with fire blue pieces, but it really pops on this gun for some reason. Guess it’s partially a matter of the climate it was stored in and it’s old age.

Nothing significant about it, really. I’ve seen a few Mausers and other older firearms with fire blue pieces, but it really pops on this gun for some reason. Guess it’s partially a matter of the climate it was stored in and it’s old age.

Ahh ok, right on. It is pretty cool looking! This stuff is amazing all around

There are a number of finishing techniques that would create that hue. Nitre salts are another. Fantastic blaster Nick. Scott’s work is impeccable. A crown jewel for your collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you haven't blown through all the 2nd mortgage there's a real MG-81 flash hider up for auction in the Junkyard... ;)

Haha! If that one looked like the one we saw on screen without the heavy pitting, I’d maybe consider it. The only other thing is the flash hider actually needs to be aluminum in order to fire reliably, so it wouldn’t do me much good anyway unless I just used it as a display piece.

Haha! If that one looked like the one we saw on screen without the heavy pitting, I’d maybe consider it. The only other thing is the flash hider actually needs to be aluminum in order to fire reliably, so it wouldn’t do me much good anyway unless I just used it as a display piece.

Yes, out of all the ones I've built only a small number of them would function with a steel flash hider reliably, without stronger loads. Not worth the safety trade off. Aluminum works just fine and can look like steel anyway. There has to be some compromise. They'll fire with a steel flash hider... but not reliably. Sometimes you'll get failure to eject and stove pipes because the extra weight means the bolt can't travel back far and fast enough. The WHOLE upper moves rear to unlock the cams and move the action.

If you watch the movie Han only fires one round per cut... likely because of the same reason.

Yes, out of all the ones I've built only a small number of them would function with a steel flash hider reliably, without stronger loads. Not worth the safety trade off. Aluminum works just fine and can look like steel anyway. There has to be some compromise. They'll fire with a steel flash hider... but not reliably. Sometimes you'll get failure to eject and stove pipes because the extra weight means the bolt can't travel back far and fast enough. The WHOLE upper moves rear to unlock the cams and move the action.

If you watch the movie Han only fires one round per cut... likely because of the same reason.

And blanks too, which can have trouble cycling even under normal circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back