Rocketeer Rocketpack 3D printed

Hey everyone, with the holidays and such, I've been busy. I've actually been posting on my social media pages very regularly but I'll try to be better about posting here as well.

Just a quick update before I go to bed. 3d printed the compressor fan, sanded it, painted it gloss black and airbrushed it using Alclad II copper lacquer. Afterwards I used a soft graphite pencil and acrylics to add weathering. For being my 1st time using an airbrush, I'm pretty stoked.

143c1810d92bfe8c2111890626fd664a.jpg

The rocketpack is sanded and ready for the base coat of paint... but I need to build a paint stand first.
fe31d515def0c0746cc4d55a4a7d6da9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I love it. What a great project. Does the sterling silver paint react to touch?
Absolutely. It's a heavy oil content paint. So I sealed it with Pledge Floor Care. It takes away some of the polished finish but as you can see, not enough to make a huge difference.

So... after going back to the film, I noticed that the nose cones aren't as bright as mine are. Gonna try some color samples. Already have a couple tried but I'm gonna buy a different alclad airbrush paint as well.

04e92ff279bba74b5ecf978c88325cb6.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back