GoldenArmor.com = Chaucer44 (banned recaster)

I wish there was a "point and laugh" one, which is what most of us will be doing if somebody buys from this recaster! :D

I just checked out there site and clicked on the stargate they built :sick it looks like it was made by my four year old daughter, the things not even round :facepalm:lol:lol

I'm sorta bemused myself. Not about Goldie, though. About those silly holocrons. Having someone come here is understandable; not all of us are builders, or even kit builders. But I also had a couple enquiries at my Instructable. Which is if anything against the whole point of Instructables, and Make -- getting the confidence to do it yourself. I even supplied SVG files; it is pretty much a matter of unzip the files, upload them to Ponoko, two weeks later your parts arrive, you slap on some acrylic cement and there it is.

I know its been ugly.. but its been a while since the last post and I was hoping someone has bought one of those holocron kits since then for a feedback
Never heard of this guy until today, but 6 pages of this thread should be all the answer you need. :facepalm

I can't believe you still want to go to him after all the advice, I for one am absolutely gutted for having given him my hard earned for this utter crap (went stright in the bin:

And the IR looks like his 4yr old made it in pre-school:

I then went to reputable vendors to replace the GA crap (Mooncrest models, and Spatcave), made the lobe plate myself, and felt a whole lot happier with my results regardless of the extra cash I forked out:

8PG1RkZ.jpg

Unless polishing **** has some therapeutic angle I'm missing I'd go with the the already offered altenative.

So glad I dodged a bullet on this one. I'm still new to the prop game and a few months ago I was interested in a Pepsi Perfect bottle to start my collection. I emailed him at the end of April asking if he still offered a finished version. I actually got this response 2 days later:

Hi, Matt. I"m Cris. I can build one up but right now my wait time is about 3 months. I am very booked. I can deliver a raw kit in 2-3 weeks after order but for a finished item, it has to wait in line and I"m months and months behind scheudule.

I replied on April 30th that I didn't mind the wait and asked what his rate was. No response. I nudged him again on May 21st. And I finally got a response, on July 12th!

Hi! RIght now I"m only offering kits on the bttf bottles. The reason is I"m just super far behind on current orders and I need to complete all those and then take a breather before I take on any more COMPLETED items. I do have KITS available for both bttf bottles though. I can ship those within 7-10 days of order.

Thankfully I came across this thread in the time since my last email.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see someone is selling some GA "Colonial Marine" armour in the JY...

My 6 month old son could probably **** out something better looking.

How is this guy still in business? He deserves; well how can I put this nicely his eyeballs super glued shut perhaps to save all us newbies getting caught out and suffering this rubbish.
A massive thankyou to all on the RPF for keeping us newbies and our money safe.

I had never heard of goldenarmor until I saw a raw kit of the Orellana Tomb mask for Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. I won the ebay auction for $90 including shipping. It was the worst prop i had ever seen. The dimensions were completely off and it merely resembled the film prop. A week later I sold it on ebay for $180. Which is funny cause I started the listing at $20. I didn't think anyone would buy it.

It was alot more than that. It was an actual showcase post on the official RPF Facebook page of Chaucers crappy Force Awakens helmets. Even had a link to his webpage and everything. Had almost 400 likes and an unknown number of shares before someone finally woke up enough to quietly remove it.

-Gary

That Oggie fellow keeps putting his recast helmet kit up on the RPF Facebook page. Besides just taking his posts down, didnt anyone told him why?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back