Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

Today I cut out all the parts for Iron Man's biceps ready for folding and welding.

I've also cut and flattened all the parts for the remaining thigh, (not pictured).

My hands are covered in blisters from the aviation snips so I'll have to give cutting a rest for a couple of days while they heal.

HiFj3Zc.jpg

Also got everything done on both gauntlets including a PVC ring glued in and ground down to just proud of the palm surface. These will be fitted over cotton gloves then the whole shebang painted with a thin layer of plastidip to seal it, followed by a nice thick dunk in the stuff to lock it all in together.

8DR5DHm.jpg

There are some builds on the RPF that are just in another league. Most are cars - Dullam's tumbler, Gary's Delorean - but this rates right up there. It's really impressive to see anyone keep up with a project, and for you to make such progress on something of this scope so quickly is astonishing. You should really be proud of this build!

Doug

ditto on the updates!! I check twice daily. I keep a box of tissues next to my laptop for my tears of joy. not sure what to do about the heart palpatations tho. can you have a sleep over? I will bring my own sleeping bag as long as I can cuddle with the helmet. :D oh and I called it first!! for everyone else who is gonna say they want to sleep over first!! :sleep im REALLY good with sand paper!!!!!! :D

Man, this is what Tony Stark would build if he was prisoner in a cave! Every time I see the welds, the discoloration of the metal, I'm still in the "Don't paint it" school of thought;)

ditto on the updates!! I check twice daily. I keep a box of tissues next to my laptop for my tears of joy. not sure what to do about the heart palpatations tho. can you have a sleep over? I will bring my own sleeping bag as long as I can cuddle with the helmet. :D oh and I called it first!! for everyone else who is gonna say they want to sleep over first!! :sleep im REALLY good with sand paper!!!!!! :D

LOL! I may have use for you son. :D

The final pieces cut out for the Iron Man suit. Forearm and elbow armour.

Once these are done, it's time to start modifying it all to wear!

wbwg5t8.jpg

This build is so good that the tissues by the computer aren't for tears!!!!
:D

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back