Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
DVnclm8UQAEit8M.jpg:large

Ugh !!! :sick .... while I enjoy most of your posts Willie , this one leaves a sour taste in my mouth , not least because of all the talk surrounding the GOT Duo’s possible SW films , but because of what that image conjures up in my ‘ imaginative ‘ , mind re ; Luke & Leia’s relationship :facepalm

Sigh. Disney doesn't get it. Why does Rey look like some pseudo Padawan mixed with Qui-Gon... 40 hours after leaving Jakku? When you think about how compressed the timeline is, the movies get even worse. It would literally be like Luke leaving Yavin IV and taking off for Cloud City to face Darth. No time passing in-universe equals character development that is unearned and doesn't feel true or real. It's like Rey calling Luke "Master Skywalker" or saying that the FO will control all major systems in weeks . Rey was a homeless junk trader on Jakku not two days prior. She doesn't know anything about ancient Jedi etiquette or up-to-the-minute interstellar space politics. Now she's translating shyriiwook for Luke Skywalker.:facepalm

So, at one time, I was subscribed to this thread, because it was interesting to discuss the film.

At this point, I've unsubscribed because it's literally just a non-stop bitch-fest about how ****ing awful people think the film is and how they're still not over it.

Someone should change the name of this thread to the "TLJ Catharsis Thread" because it sure as **** ain't about actually discussing the film. Every complaint has already been aired. Nobody has any new observations to offer, even in terms of how they think the film is bad. It's really just people going back and forth and saying "I didn't like it because of something you've already heard about." "Oh hey, I didn't like it either, also for reasons that someone else already mentioned about 40 pages back." And on and on and on...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would prefer to have actual discussions about the film beyond just rehashing what the same 10 people think is awful about it. Even in the post-TFA thread, we managed to have pretty decent discussions for a while. In this one? Not so much.

Anyway, I hope you guys all find whatever inner peace you're seeking in all of your bitching. I'm out.

:lol You KNOW you LOVE this! :lol

See you in a few pages! :D

So, at one time, I was subscribed to this thread, because it was interesting to discuss the film.

At this point, I've unsubscribed because it's literally just a non-stop bitch-fest about how ****ing awful people think the film is and how they're still not over it.

Someone should change the name of this thread to the "TLJ Catharsis Thread" because it sure as **** ain't about actually discussing the film. Every complaint has already been aired. Nobody has any new observations to offer, even in terms of how they think the film is bad. It's really just people going back and forth and saying "I didn't like it because of something you've already heard about." "Oh hey, I didn't like it either, also for reasons that someone else already mentioned about 40 pages back." And on and on and on...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would prefer to have actual discussions about the film beyond just rehashing what the same 10 people think is awful about it. Even in the post-TFA thread, we managed to have pretty decent discussions for a while. In this one? Not so much.

Anyway, I hope you guys all find whatever inner peace you're seeking in all of your bitching. I'm out.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back