Greatest American Hero (reboot)

Ah,,,sorry... I misspoke...thanks for the correction. I meant a superhero/action/sci-fi type of show. Obviously I know about Mindy Project (although I didn't watch much of it..the humor style reminded me a bit of Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' and was not to my liking, since I'm not a millennial) or I wouldn't have mentioned Mindy Kaling. Parminder Nagra played major roles in Alcatraz and The Blacklist but was not a headliner.

BTW, speaking of Deschanels, I am a huge fan of Bones, and if a series were to be created with a smart, resourceful Indian-American female
scientist that built on the successful Bones formula, I wouldn't object to that, either :)

It was already supposed to have been rebooted as a woman anyway, way back then. Indian actresses have made some strides rather quickly in Hollywood: Aarti Mann, Mindy Kaling, Parminder Nagra. Gotta be honest: after watching the gorgeous Archie Panjabi beat someone with a baseball bat and have lesbian sex on The Good Wife, I always wondered what she'd look like as a superheroine.
Did you forget about Priyanka Chopra (rowr!) in Quantico? If there was ever someone who looked like a superhero she'd be it. Even Deepika Padukone is getting into Hollywood.

I've heard of Priyanka Chopra, who is certainly the most beautiful Indian actress short of Ashwarya Rai herself, and yes, very appropriate to play a superheroine (would love to see her play a heroine on the CW). But I never saw Quantico. Apparently, Chopra is the *actual* first South Asian to star in an American network series, which would make whoever plays Meera (if the GAH show happens) probably the fourth after Chopra, Kaling, and, I guess, Aziz Ansari.
Awesome. I stand completely corrected, but still anticipatory.

I've heard of Priyanka Chopra, who is certainly the most beautiful Indian actress short of Ashwarya Rai herself, and yes, very appropriate to play a superheroine (would love to see her play a heroine on the CW). But I never saw Quantico. Apparently, Chopra is the *actual* first South Asian to star in an American network series, which would make whoever plays Meera (if the GAH show happens) probably the fourth after Chopra, Kaling, and, I guess, Aziz Ansari.

Quantico isn't a good show. I don't even think she looks her best in Quantico. She looks so much better in Bollywood movies.

Priyanka-Chopra-At-Agneepath-Success-Meet-9.jpg

Deepika Padukone was in xXx: Return of Xandar Cage. She's got a lot more potential than she shows in that movie. She can be both elegant and funny.

13-Deepika-Padukone-Hot-Photoshoot-Gallery.jpg

I haven't watched Quantico but damn! I have a thing for Indian girls anyway.

Me too. That's why I married one.

Mindy Kaling was actually first, The Mindy Project first aired in 2012, Quantico didn't air until this year.

Place your bets for date of cancellation:

1. Never makes it to pilot.

2. Cancelled after 1 episode airs.

3. Cancelled by episode 9, remaining 4 episodes in the can are pushed to a streaming service.

4. Cancelled after episode 13.

5. Gets a "back 9," canceled at Episode 22.

Look at what's happenin' on TV
I can't believe it myself
Suddenly I'm seein' what I've seen before
It should have been something new!
Believe it or not, They're rebootin' again
I never thought it would be something so obscure
Flyin' away on nostalgia so uncreatively
How could this be?
Believe it or not he's a she.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at what's happenin' on TV
I can't believe it myself
Suddenly I'm seein' what I've seen before
It should have been something new!
Believe it or not, They're rebootin' again
I never thought it would be something so obscure
Flyin' away on nostalgia so uncreatively
How could this be?
Believe it or not he's a she.

The lyrics PLUS the karaoke video so we can sing along at home, just kicked this thread up a notch.

Hinkley? It wasn't an issue before... why now... though and Indian woman with the name of Hinkley would be a bit odd anyways :p

It was an issue before. They tried to change Ralph's name to Hanley, with some very sloppy dubbing. Then after a few episodes decided to forget it and changed back to Hinkley.

It was an issue before. They tried to change Ralph's name to Hanley, with some very sloppy dubbing. Then after a few episodes decided to forget it and changed back to Hinkley.

99.9% of the time, though, he was referred to as Ralph or Mr H. Hinkley was still pretty much abandoned

Last night I watched "Happy Death Day" and I thought "this girl would be PERFECT for the Greatest American Hero!"
Then I remembered that they wanted an Indian for the part.
It's cool. I can live with that.
But keep your eyes on this one, fellers - she's gonna be a STAR!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1557329/

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back