Studio scale A-wing kit ?

OlivierC

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone ever produced a studio scale A-wing (large one) kit. I have been doing some research, including on this forum, and all the studio scale models I found were scratch built. I found about a 1/24 kit, which I would be interested in too, but not as much as the real thing, which is much bigger. I have only been into the studio scale thing for a couple of years, so I'm not as knowledgeable as some people people here, so I could have easily missed it.

Also, while during my searching, I found this, a 1/24 episode 7 xwing: http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=94225
Anyone heard about this kit? is it any good? Obsiously, I know it can't be actual studio scale, since there were no filming miniature, but it would be nice to have one matching the original. I remember someone startedscratch building a 1/24 a while back, but I don't know if he finished it

Haha...I just posted a thread about this. I am actually looking for a 1:24 kit of the ROTJ a-wing. Nice-N models has what you are looking for.

That T-70 kit is by Korbanth. I don't have that one, but I have two of his ICONs T-65 x-wing pyro kits, and they are really nice.

Last edited:
Thank you, just got your PM. I'll try to contact Steeve, but I'm a bit hesitant, I have read many bad stories and my own experience with him was kinda "meh". I got my Bwing but it took him 2 months to ship it. Does not sound too bad, compared to people who are still waiting after 5 years, but the thing is, he said he had in stock, ready to ship as soon as he gets my payment. Poor communication, only responded to half of my messages, saying he was waiting for parts from his caster (which is not my definition of "in stock ready to ship"). I was very nervous during those two months, considering the stories I had read about him. I would have preferred if he told me from the get go "I'm missing some parts, give me another moth", than pocket my money and then making me wait with little to no update. So I'm not sure if I want to repeat that with a kit that might be twice more expensive. But thank you anyway, if that's the only option, I'll ask him

Last edited:
Yeah, I understand.

For what it's worth...I had Vader's X1 2 weeks after I sent him payment...but I know his track record is still in recovery.

Yeah, I understand.

For what it's worth...I had Vader's X1 2 weeks after I sent him payment...but I know his track record is still in recovery.
Mine showed up 2 weeks after Xmas. It was supposed to be a gift for the holidays and it was paid for mid November when they were ready to ship. Its a super nice kit but if you intend to mount it from one of the 6 points other then the bottom you need to buy or pay shipping for the bottom plug. I'm still waiting on a shipping quote.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Also, while during my searching, I found this, a 1/24 episode 7 xwing: http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=94225
Anyone heard about this kit? is it any good? Obsiously, I know it can't be actual studio scale, since there were no filming miniature, but it would be nice to have one matching the original. I remember someone startedscratch building a 1/24 a while back, but I don't know if he finished it

Just this morning, I ordered the 1/24 T-70 X-wing kit. I’ll post pics once I receive it.

Cool. Also, while looking for info regarding the Awing, I saw on Nice N facebook page that Steve was looking for seated 1/24 resistance pilot. So I assume he has something in the work too

Thank you. That's an interesting kit. I'd like to get one but it's not as high as the SS Awing on my priority list, which is kind of expensive, so I'll probably pass on the T-70, for now. I don't want to say the kit's cost, I don't know if it's cool to talk about kit prices on this board, I noticed that it seems a bit taboo, since even on some threads dedicated to selling kits, the price is never mentioned.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back