Game of Thrones

That was truly amazing and tense. However, there were some things that just seemed improbable. Also, Westeros is covered in wormholes, apparently.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I've absolutely given up figuring out the timelines, because they're actually pretzels. Also, I don't care. BRING ON THE FIRE AND BLOOD!!!!! :D

Oh man, how many times should Jamie and Bronn have died that episode alone:lol

It was a great episode regardless. Sometimes the Queen gotta make "on the fly" decisions...

I love how her dragons fire made them ash instantly. Also, was that the only AA made? Because if it is, Cersei is screwed.

Jamie got shoved in the water, I hope Bronn is BronnBQ, that gold on the ground seemed like a bit of foreshadowing, chasing coin gets ya killed

Almost certain that Little Finger will get the axe soon.
Bran knows what LF has done.

Littlr Finger- "to go though all of that and make your way home again only to find such chaos in the world, I can only imagine.."

Bran - "chaos is a ladder"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best episode to date. Sweet hot dragon action finally. IMG_0016.JPG

I don't know, Archmaester Ebrose could have given Sam a vial of Felix Felicis, nobody would have been the wiser.

Yeah, I don't know what that means.

Also cant believe how they just casually dropped the Golden Company in there like that. If they do indeed bring them in, I wonder if their backstory will come up. They were founded by a Targaryen ******* and were also part of some rebellions against the Targaryens.

That was an interesting drop. I wondered how the Iron Bank enforced payment of debt. I totally forgot about the companies of sell swords. That being said, I can't imagine the Iron Bank having much more relevance with so few episodes left. They were just a plot device to get High Garden to fall.

That was truly amazing and tense. However, there were some things that just seemed improbable. Also, Westeros is covered in wormholes, apparently.

If I were Dany, I would not have gone after the grain. She's going to need food. Badly. In this instance, I don't think it was a wormhole. The Dothraki are all on horseback, and we saw that the loot train was moving really slowly. They showed camp, broken wagon wheels, etc. They even mentioned how the were lagging further and further behind.

Bran - "chaos is a ladder"

What do you think he meant by that? That line still has me confused.

Next week's going to be very interesting -- the strategic and political implications for Cersei of the Lannister army's being devastated like that are going to be very serious. That was only one dragon.

She needs riders for the other dragons.

I wonder how much of the Lannister army got wiped out yesterday. All the gold had already reached King's Landing. This was just the tail end. And she lost a good amount of Dothraki. She should have soften those lines a lot more before charging them.

That was a direct quote of something Littlefinger said to Varys once way back in season 1 I believe. Its just Bran's way of demonstrating to LF that he's seen everything.

That was an interesting drop. I wondered how the Iron Bank enforced payment of debt. I totally forgot about the companies of sell swords. That being said, I can't imagine the Iron Bank having much more relevance with so few episodes left. They were just a plot device to get High Garden to fall.

Historically, the Golden Company was formed by Blackfyre rebels who supported a Blackfyre retaking the throne. There were, I believe, five separate attempts with varying degrees of success. The first Blackfyre rebellion was probably the biggest threat to the realm, because it was basically a civil war, but when it ended, the Blackfyre loyalists left Westeros and formed a sellsword company in Essos. In the books, they back a faction that doesn't appear on screen, which claims Targaeryan rights to the throne, but the more I think about it, might actually just be a Blackfyre (on the theory that the folks backing the plot are less concerned with bloodlines and more concerned with figureheads).

Anyway, I wouldn't really expect the Golden Company to factor in a ton at this point. It's possible they will down the road, but it seems like a needless complication to add to the story at this point.

If I were Dany, I would not have gone after the grain. She's going to need food. Badly. In this instance, I don't think it was a wormhole. The Dothraki are all on horseback, and we saw that the loot train was moving really slowly. They showed camp, broken wagon wheels, etc. They even mentioned how the were lagging further and further behind.

Dany shouldn't have burned the wagon train, if possible, but it's a dragon, not a rapier. My point about the time lapse/wormhole thing was more about the fact that in one instant that episode we're on Dragonstone, talking about how we should recall the fleet, and the Dothraki are still ready, and two seconds later, we're on land and attacking.

So, let me explain the logistical issues with that.

1. The fleet was clear around the other side of Westeros, and would have to sail all the way around the south, around Dorne, and back up the coast by the Stormlands before it could get to Dragonstone.

2. The Lannister army, although spread out, had walked from one of the south-western-most points on the continent, all the way across the Reach, and to a point where they were basically like 1-2 days march from King's Landing. The Blackwater Rush, which they mention they need to cross, is just to the west of King's Landing. It's basically like the next county over. That means the Lannisters covered the entirety of the Reach in...uh....who knows how long?

3. Dany managed to load up ships and land a force...umm....I'm really not sure where. If she landed in the Stormlands, that'd mean she'd have to take the Dothraki across mountains to get to a position where they could ambush the Lannisters. So, that doesn't really make sense. She could've MAYBE used flat-bottom boats and sailed allll the way around Westeros, and then up through the river systems in the Reach to get...eh...close-ish, but that would've taken a lot of time. The only other option is that she sailed into the Blackwater Bay (where Bronn and Tyrion defended King's Landing), and somehow managed to not be opposed by anyone, so that she could land a force north of King's Landing, ride them around to the west, then take the Lannister baggage train from the rear. It just doesn't make sense, and it's pretty clear the showrunners don't really care at this point. To be fair, I don't care much, but I do notice this stuff. I think the bottom line is that there just isn't time to make all of this crap make sense, so they just aren't bothering. And when you get an action sequence like that, most people won't care.

That was possibly my favorite line in the episode. It's a callback. Baelish himself said this to, I believe, Varys in one of the early seasons. Baelish's belief is that chaos is the means by which he will ascend to the Iron Throne. If he can set all his enemies against each other and stay alive long enough, even if the realm is shattered, he gets to pick up the pieces. His plan has never been entirely clear, but that's probably because he's running simultaneous plans. So, he married Lyssa Aryn so that he could rule the Reach, which is strategically impervious to pretty much everything except dragons. He controls Robin Aryn who is an idiot, and basically becomes the power behind the throne. That gives him a base of operations. He has Sansa, and he's nominally the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, ruling from Harrenhall (which itself is an amazing fortress, if you can put it back together). What I didn't get was him marrying Sansa to Ramsey Bolton. I don't see how that fits in with any of his other plans, especially if he's hot for Sansa the way he seems.

Anyway, back to the point: Bran's telling him "I know what you did, you motherf*****. I know what you did."

What it says to me is that Baelish's plans are unraveling and he's in deep ****.

between Littlefinger talking to Bran, then seeing Arya be a badass, his face had a look like a GPS "recalculating route....recalculating route..."

Yeah, Arya and Bran are both wildcards he couldn't have planned for. Arya for her assassin abilities, and Bran because he can SEE ALL OF TIME WITH PERFECT CLARITY.

Next week's going to be very interesting -- the strategic and political implications for Cersei of the Lannister army's being devastated like that are going to be very serious. That was only one dragon.

Yeah, she's got real problems. Short of using wildfire, I don't know what other aces she and Qyburn have up their sleeves. They've revealed the dragon crossbow. So...what else is there?

Heres what Little Finger said to Varys in an earler season-

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is."

Bran knows that Little Finger is a manipulator.
As a matter of fact, Little Finger started the whole storyline for GoT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She needs riders for the other dragons.

I wonder how much of the Lannister army got wiped out yesterday. All the gold had already reached King's Landing. This was just the tail end. And she lost a good amount of Dothraki. She should have soften those lines a lot more before charging them.
The proportion of the whole army devastated is less important than the fact that a single dragon laid waste to it in minutes, as well as the loot train (itself a huge blow). And Cersei's scorpion failed to stop the attack, again with only one dragon in play. Her strategic calculus has to change dramatically, and the political damage will be serious, in the form of skittish allies.

That's not even mentioning the way the Dothraki bloodriders blew through the Lannister lines like a freight train -- their traditional way of fighting is wholly inadequate to deal with hordes of expert horsemen. That Iron Bank guy is gonna load his drawers when he hears about it.

Yeah, she's got real problems. Short of using wildfire, I don't know what other aces she and Qyburn have up their sleeves. They've revealed the dragon crossbow. So...what else is there?
Yup -- Dany may have erred in taking out the food, but it hurts Cersei even worse. She has to feed a large city through a seige. And C's running out of aces.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back