How do you display your lightsabers?

I recently found this wall mounted display:

27358678064_12f859f5bc_z.jpg

It's a metal 9-bottle wine rack. I like it because it's unobtrusive, and reminds me of the lightsaber racks seen on Rebels in the Jedi temple dojo:

I have a couple of these as well, which came from the RPF over 10 years ago. I wish I could remember who made them.

27971552435_29de8d1209_z.jpg

I recently found this wall mounted display:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7790/27358678064_12f859f5bc_z.jpg

It's a metal 9-bottle wine rack. I like it because it's unobtrusive, and reminds me of the lightsaber racks seen on Rebels in the Jedi temple dojo:

https://c8.staticflickr.com/8/7280/27358161703_6e92960a72_z.jpg

I have a couple of these as well, which came from the RPF over 10 years ago. I wish I could remember who made them.

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7264/27971552435_29de8d1209_z.jpg

That weight can add up, did you have to find two studs that were that distance apart to screw those into your wall?

That weight can add up, did you have to find two studs that were that distance apart to screw those into your wall?

Just one of the rails is on a stud, but that's been more than enough reinforcement. Each rail has 3 screw points, so even both on drywall anchors without a stud would be adequate :)

This is is the way I display mine! I've only ever been really into the original trilogy sabers and especially the graflex, so it's a pretty small collection. The display cases are from Michaels and are the perfect size for three sabers mounted in ascending order and for an arc reactor. I also have enough room to display my graflex with the chamber showing in that case. I made the stand inside the case out of some polycarbonate.

IMG_3776.JPG

This is is the way I display mine! I've only ever been really into the original trilogy sabers and especially the graflex, so it's a pretty small collection. The display cases are from Michaels and are the perfect size for three sabers mounted in ascending order and for an arc reactor. I also have enough room to display my graflex with the chamber showing in that case. I made the stand inside the case out of some polycarbonate.

View attachment 639202

I love those dragon balls! where did I find those?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you find that wine rack? That's exactly what I've been looking for.

Cool! It came from Amazon and was labeled a "Vinotemp Metal Wall-Mount 9-Bottle Wine Rack," though the price has increased significantly since I picked it up. It appears to be sold under various names and finishes (you might exclude "VintageView" brand since the two rack pieces are not symmetrical, with one having smaller hooks for the bottle neck)... you can find several versions if you just look for a "9 bottle wine wall rack" on Amazon or Ebay (and make sure it has two rails) :)

I use some four bottle countertop wine racks I found at Target after seeing a suggestion online. They were available in chrome and black (which is what I got). They've been discontinued for some time, and I can't find even a picture of them anymore. I've also used some cases to display die cast vehicles (1/24 scale for a Yoda saber and 1/18 for the rest).

Currently this is my setup... As I finish projects I move things around, but right now the sabers are kinda scattered about with other props/collectibles. The whole basement is movie themed, this is just one of the shelves I've sort of set up... a LOT to do.

27372474393_46e3cd5d30_c.jpg

I wasn't sure about these at first, but they've grown on me. Along to bottom I may get plaques made stating which saber is from what flick

27372472373_f7bfe9909d_c.jpg

27908532161_6ef7997800_c.jpg

Teecrooz posted some stands that have me rethinking these...

I love those dragon balls! where did I find those?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can find them on eBay! Make sure you get the ones that are 7.6 cm in diameter, those are the correct size. The photos and sizes are often misleading in those auctions. There are ones that are made at half size which aren't very good.

Thanks for sharing your displays. I really enjoyed the different approaches to displaying these sabers and other pieces. So many different ways for sure. Keep them coming.

some model car forum has plans for them. ill send you the link if I can find it

very elegant setup Michael has.

Nice! pretty sure they still have them here. Or at least they did last time I went about 3 weeks ago. or perhaps it was something similar... I can't remember. I need to go check

Spoudastis' vertical displays are my favorites to see....

Thanks cjchiu i really appreciate that!

Yea, I really liked the way @spoudastis has his set up. For some reason i like the standing position more than horizontal.

So I took some inspiration from him and went to hobby lobby to grab a doll stand. About $3. But I need to replace the rubber bits cause they don't hold paint at all. So for now:

View attachment 638925That tape looks horrible, I'm aware haha

Thanks Mechanized2400 i think yours looks awesome. Great idea with the doll stand, i think the circular bottom really suits the saber well.

Are those custom stands? Sure are beautiful and minimalistic...

Thanks Buch that means a lot coming from you, i have admired your work for some time both here and on prop summit. I made these stands custom out of 1.5" thick walnut and laser cut acrylic supports. The laser cut supports are just epoxied into a notch in the back of the wood. The plaques were made by pastorjedi, he does great work fast and affordable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you and you are very welcome :D

I'm getting two Graflex'es from Roman's run and had initially just planned to display them on basic, horizontal acrylic stands - but your stands now have me thinking a long different lines... really like the vertical pose! Fantastic inspiration!

Thanks @Buch that means a lot coming from you, i have admired your work for some time both here and on prop summit. I made these stands custom out of 1.5" thick walnut and laser cut acrylic supports. The laser cut supports are just epoxied into a notch in the back of the wood. The plaques were made by pastorjedi, he does great work fast and affordable.

Cool! It came from Amazon and was labeled a "Vinotemp Metal Wall-Mount 9-Bottle Wine Rack," though the price has increased significantly since I picked it up. It appears to be sold under various names and finishes (you might exclude "VintageView" brand since the two rack pieces are not symmetrical, with one having smaller hooks for the bottle neck)... you can find several versions if you just look for a "9 bottle wine wall rack" on Amazon or Ebay (and make sure it has two rails) :)

Awesome! Thanks man! Yeah they are a bit pricey compared to what I'd expect. I'll keep my eye out for something similar on sale one of these days.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back