Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

Can someone tell me the dimensions of the blueprint, & clarify that it is indeed double-sided.

I had considered sandwiching it between a couple of sheets of plexi, with some Chicago screws in the corners, but I wasn't sure if it was bigger than a standard poster frame. Thanks.

Originally the poster (below) in the early test run this time last year was only a single sided 1:1 scale plan view of the Falcon that also featured the interior and less than accurate details.
image7.jpg

The full production version is double sided and again features a 1:1 scale plan view drawing of the Falcon on one side, that is far more accurate than the original, and on the reverse an internal structural view with what appears to be a parts breakdown of the frames pieces and hull plates.
image5.jpg

image6.jpg

As the plan is 1:1 scale it means the blueprint should be about 34in in length and a best guess of about 22-24in in width. As I don't have the poster myself these measurements should not be taken as gospel but I hope it helps anyway.

Can someone tell me the dimensions of the blueprint, & clarify that it is indeed double-sided.

I had considered sandwiching it between a couple of sheets of plexi, with some Chicago screws in the corners, but I wasn't sure if it was bigger than a standard poster frame. Thanks.

It's been confirmed that it will be released in Australia because on the inside of the cover to Issue 5 there is a list of Customer Service numbers which includes Australia and New Zealand. Our problem is we just don't know when it will be released.

You can go on the forum and ask them if it will be released in Australia.They are pretty good at answering questions.Click on join the community on the ordering page

http://www.model-space.com/us/

....and Australia is still waiting.

I've subscribed! Luckily for me I'm currently living in Scotland from Australia. I came over just for the subscription! :p

for anyone sitting on the fence with this I'd recommend doing it. Where else can you get a 'studio scale' size falcon this detailed for this price? If you decide not completing it you'll find someone who would buy the stuff that you've already collected. Win win situation I think. You won't be out of pocket.

When the model is finally complete I wonder how much they'll be worth on the market?

You can even purchase the blueprint by itself for 2.99 GBP but it's only available in the UK.

Definitely not "on the fence" here and yes I believe this will hold it's value very easily and many people who miss out now will hate themselves later for it.

I'm currently up to issue #9 and so far quality is good to excellent. The basic components feature some very fine detail, especially around the roof of the cockpit tube, and lots of nice add-on greeblies are starting to arrive which certainly look screen accurate.
The one disappointment so far is the cockpit windows assembly which looks wrong. DeAgostini are aware of this and are currently working to correct it. My guess is that this will be replaced sometime in a future issue with a free part.

I didn't realise that when this was initially released and then cancelled that the parts that came with the first 1-4 issues(?) are now defunct and won't work with the new subscription parts when the magazine was re-released. Luckily they did this early on for people who don't subscribe! I think they'll definitely come good and replace windows. Is it that bad is it?

I'm watching this guys build.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipdeagofalcon3.html

It's not really fair to say it was cancelled because it was only a test release but I understand what you're saying as it was only to gauge customer sales. As for the cockpit canopy I won't be surprised if there is a nominal fee for a more accurate replacement canopy as it seems as though it was only after it went into production that it came to light the cockpit was not accurate. If it was a manufacturing fault I would expect the replacement part to be free but this is what was approved for production. If not, then I can bet a replacement canopy will be available on Shapeways soon enough

I noticed I got double charged... so called DeAGostini to figure it out. They said one was a hold... and the second was a confirmation for shipping.

So... check your statements just in case...

but more importantly... they told me it's waiting for a truck to ship stuff.

So in case you missed that... these are shipping probably Monday he said!

In my opinion - anyone that thinks this is too much money does not know what they are looking at...

My only concern is that they finish the entire 100 issues.

Subscribed anyway!

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back