Silicone Molds

jt99jt

I was hoping to locate a resource for any pre-built silicone molds for Star Wars Props (Lightsabers in particular). Of course the intent is to find something that I can use to make resin/plastic props. I Have found a few places where people have stated that they have purchased molds in the past, but I have not found a place where they can be purchased. Does anyone here know of such a place?

JT

Firstly, what a dubious thing to ask for on a forum that's very wary of recasting.

Secondly, for the money you'd likely spend on someone else's molds, it'd be cheaper to make your own lightsabers and buy silicone to make molds of them yourself.

Last edited:
I have been teaching myself the mold making process as well. I just figured that it would be cool to have something that gave me the actual correct sizes..

I didn't realize that anyone had a problem with Re-Casting, so my apologies for that..

If you were to make a piece yourself, and mail it to me I would be more than happy to mold that for you, but I don't want to mold another person's project out of fear of being part of a recasting set-up.

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

jt99jt use this forum as a wealth of knowledge on making, sourcing of real world parts, techniques and general prop knowledge. Everything you need to know about lightsabers in here, trust me. I've spent more time than I'd like to admit reading threads about everything Star Wars and beyond.

The search function at the upper right side of the forum is the best place to start. That will send you down the road to getting all your accurate measurements.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just realized that I did not come back to comment on this. It took me about 30 seconds to get the issue with the request, I completely get it. While i am doing my lightsaber for me, I can see where others have jumped in with a similar story then are selling lightsabers based on someone else's work. So it makes sense the those here be a little vigilant on the subject.

I am teaching myself the silicone molding and plastic casting process as part of my little project and am betting good at it. My lightsaber is basically what I am using as a pre-requisite project to teach myself how to plastic cast. The ultimate goal is to build a bb-8..

Either way, there is a ton of valuable info that I will continue to leverage. Thanks again for the input..

@jt99jt use this forum as a wealth of knowledge on making, sourcing of real world parts, techniques and general prop knowledge. Everything you need to know about lightsabers in here, trust me. I've spent more time than I'd like to admit reading threads about everything Star Wars and beyond.

The search function at the upper right side of the forum is the best place to start. That will send you down the road to getting all your accurate measurements.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Hell, Seth even made a lightsaber ebook on here didn't he? I think it's stickied at the top of the star wars props page:)

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back