Hello.. I am new to all of this. I recently joined due to some current projects I am working on. The main project is to build a resin cast BB-8. To accomplish that I have chosen to teach myself how to cast resin and build a lightsaber first. Should be fun :)

Hi all, just registeredand would like to know how to tell an original trench lighter from a replica?? Can I post a pic of it??

hello to all the RPF
my name is Taran but usually just known as Wulver over the inter webs
i have only just activated my account and i am looking forward to joining in the forums
i leaned about the forum from the high praise Adam Savage has given it on the tested
after a bit of lurking i decided i had to join in on the fun
a little about me
i am a Scottish guy who grew up in the south of France (20 years) and only moved back to Scotland last year
been interested in films.game props and history as long as i can remember ,tinkering here and there, a bit of cosplay, reenacting
i am a woodworker blacksmith but also a collector of odd skills so i hope i can bring some of my experience to help others
still working on building my workshop at home so i wont have any big projects posted for a while
i will be able to post mini builds and contribute as best i can

cheers

Hello Prop Building community.

I have a question for anyone that can answer it. Bit random I know!

Its not related to props but i'm having trouble sourcing this particular material and thought collectively someone would know where to purchase said material from.

Im looking for a dual layer synthetic rubber material to make some tyre lettering/decals for general car tyres.

Picture attached.

Ideally it will be 1 to 1.5mm thick black on the underside white on top.

Anyone know where I could get such a material. I live in the UK and am finding it very hard to get here.

Thanks 12826317_1772355609660382_2131700836_n.jpg

I'm Lisa, a teacher and Grandma in the Midwest, looking to build props for class and for my grandkids to cosplay with.

Hi, enrolled today after a while of obsessive Adam Savage following.. He kind of got me fired up for the hobby..

Huge Star Wars fan so I'm gonna start of with my copy of the famous DL-44 that propably brought a lot of us to this hobby!

Howdy !!!

Let me tell you my story. I am a maker - innovation agent - steampunk aficionado and speak french english and german. I live in Europe and enjoy working as I have passion (like everybody here, no ?). I have a good network of friends, investors, makers, designers, bull****ters who help me in the different ventures. What I am seeking here ? I am curious about the techniques, the skills of you all guys ! I like to create COOPERATIONS with some of you to give birth to amazing products and brag about it on different sites and communities I developed (mostly in the Steampunk side of the world). I highly believe in speed to market and complementary skills. I believe in Dalek, survivalist plots and other strange things. Cheers !

Hey all! I'm just now getting into making props and other items, but I want to integrate it into my other hobby, which is robotics and electronics. Yes, I'm probably a lot older than most of the people here, being almost 50 years old, but I'm retired now, and I can finally take the time and more of an artistic bent with the items I want to make. Movie and video game robots have always fascinated me, so I figured what the heck, make a replica of one. I've been making parts and equipment for various industrial concerns for almost 28 years, so there really isn't too much I can't do if I put my mind to it. I hope to learn a lot, and maybe pass on some things from other fields too.

Hey all! Brand new here.

I work with Gunpla and am an artist and writer. I have a project I want to work on, so thought I would come here to research it.

Thanks!

Beau

Hello! I'm MJ43, and I love building iron man suits out of cardboard. I am very familiar with pepakura designer, and I thoroughly enjoy doing this stuff. I'm rather good at unfolding, but I have no idea how to make pepakura files using blender.

Hello everyone. I accidentally discovered this great forum because I found a mention on it of only one of two Jakita Wagner costumes I've ever seen on the Internet. The other one? I own it, having bought it from a Florida cosplayer and then repurposed it for an original character, Cybrina.

Who's that? Well, she's one of about 16 original superheroines I've created for a live-action video series based in my hometown, Pittsburgh. The first four episodes are going up on the website http://www.heroineburgh.com pretty soon and we are already filming four more (total of 13 in the first season). But in the meantime we already have a Facebook, Twitter, DeviantArt and Youtube channel (links all listed on my profile) which show our costuming and some outtakes from the episodes.

What I hope to glean from this forum is ideas for more costumes, props and set pieces. With hopefully the ability to acquire some items, when appropriate, from members of the forum. In the next few months, we'll be building such sets as two laboratories, a tv station, a goth club, a hospital room, etc., and also filming outdoors for superhero action sequences. And we can always use good ideas for props that go with these settings.

I would love to talk with anyone else who is doing filming of superhero-style action (especially any with prominent female protagonists), to talk about anything from props to effects to locations, and even possible collaborations.

Hi everyone, been stalking these forums for a good while now and finally decided to get involved and learn from all the excellent work going on here. I've been making things for as long as I can remember so it seems it was inevitable i would end up here. I used to love splicing my broken toys together to form my own characters and have fond memories of building my own bat cave at about 8 years old. After school I worked for 5 years as a boat builder which was a great introduction to a bunch of skills which should serve me well in my costume/prop making endeavours. I now work as a graphic designer and illustrator which, again, should come in handy and I hope this is where I could be of most use to others here on the RPF.

I am (like many of you here i suspect) very limited by the space i have available but I am also moving to a new city and a house with room to set up a small work shop later this year so I intend to scale up. Anyway, great to be onboard and I'm sure i'll be picking some of your brains in the future.

TTM

Hi everybody

My name is Greg (Anubis on internet but.... on the forum, the name wasn't free). I'm french and I am passionate about artistic creations. I do cosplay, Replica accessories, interior decoration, everything but not the kitchen.
In the life I'm 39, father of 2 childrens and I'm working as technician on a locomotive builder,.

I'm here because anybody advised me to suscribe here on the facebook page of RPF

Hey there!

Currently working on a Star Wars Mando suit and a Spiderman Homecoming Homemade Suit. I don't have much experience making costumes/props but I am trying to learn. I have a Rostock MAX V2 3D printer, and have used that for some costume pieces. Going to Las Vegas Comic Con on the 25th, as whichever one of the costumes I finish first

Hello! My online friends call me Zain ;)
I am from Brazil, born and raised. Have been living in the US for over 5 years now.
In Brazil I went to college for Industrial Product Design. Unfortunately I dropped out a year before graduating to move here.
Back there I had a few friends that did cosplay and it always fascinated me.
Shortly after moving here I started finding and following cosplayers and makers from everywhere and my mind was blown by all the amazingly detailed pieces of art.
My mind just keeps blowing over and over the more I look into builds.
I am interested in everything from painting (not that I've ever done it lol), makeup, 3d modeling, but most of all building things from scratch.
I worked as a goldsmith and stone-setter back in Brazil for over 3 years. Even though I hated my job in general, I loved the work.
I didn't work on anything in years, and I honestly felt lost for quite a while.
Beginning of this year I worked on my first cosplay ever for WonderCon(my first con) and also to apply for Cinema Makeup School Scholarship.
I wasn't even close to qualifying. But I tried. And just that little taste of trying to build something was amazing.
I want more... BUT, I'm terrified of sculpt/mold/cast. I really want to get into it, but I feel like I'll mess up (as we all do when learning) and waste money that I don't have on materials.
I've had the RPF saved on my favorites for a long time. heard so many people mention it. I think its time for me to join and start challenging myself to try new things.
Hope I can make some friends here too.

Greetings, all.

While I am not new to making, I am brand new to the RPF. I watch Adam and the others on Tested, and he has mentioned this site dozens of times. I am planning to build the Interstellar space suit, so I registered to join in the discussion. I have dabbled in many areas of making, but my favorite medium is textile and my talent is sewing.

Mike

I'm not sure how much I will post, as 90% of my posts are answered by google searches, forum searches, and other. However, I'm happy to be here and figured I'd introduce myself. Currently, I'm a 34 year old veteran that does nursing and sells insurance...yea...I know. It's a weird mix. But with the military, I LOVE the idea of creating as realistic a prop set as I can, so I'm going to gradually work on building a mini arsenal of items made as close to real as possible, both for the purpose of durability, and just for the general coolness on my end. lol. Looking forward to visiting with you all as time goes by.
v/r,
Jon

Hey all, I'm Angus and have finally taken the plunge in to building props.

You'll see my first one in another post shortly, but I'm basically going to start smallish and simpleish and go from there.

I'm not sure how much I will post, as 90% of my posts are answered by google searches, forum searches, and other. However, I'm happy to be here and figured I'd introduce myself. Currently, I'm a 34 year old veteran that does nursing and sells insurance...yea...I know. It's a weird mix. But with the military, I LOVE the idea of creating as realistic a prop set as I can, so I'm going to gradually work on building a mini arsenal of items made as close to real as possible, both for the purpose of durability, and just for the general coolness on my end. lol. Looking forward to visiting with you all as time goes by.
v/r,
Jon
Howdy! Thank you for your service, and we are glad to have you here! :)

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

Hi. All im nik spencer actor and writer and set Builder, id like to say this is a great place to chat. I would also like to message anyone who has made their own .45 light sabres. Lm1 Who put up a few pics but i can not find or message him. It would be a great help if you kind hearted people would help. Cheers. Spanna

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back