ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Thanks for posting the photo. I'm not sure if I'm happy the scratch is supposed to be there so mine is "okay" or if I wish it was a mistake so I could return in for one without a scratch. This is the second time a company (EFX VADER special edition) has put a scratch on an item to make it more authentic to screen used. I get and appreciate that attempt to make something like it was in a movie, but what I feel is that trying to mechanically mass reproduce a scratch seems like a good idea on paper but not a good idea in reality. The scratch on the belt doesn't look at all like the scratch in screen shots. It just looks bad to me.

Agreed on the scratch. I actually think that scratch is supposed to be a crease in the leather that's seen on the ANH rig.

Got my Anovos Han Solo Holster Rig today and I have the same scratch too! By the way, I have seen on Pictures that the original TESB Belt / Holster had also that scratch.
So it should be there!
Anovos did a great Job with the Holster Rig, Tools and Droid Caller! I am very excited about that awesome pieces!

And the Premium Kit moved from Spring to Fall ! :(

- - - Updated - - -

What I really dont get it why the Premium Kit is delayed again and not a bit. Fall 2017 and the customer support told me that everything is fine and June delivery should work. I have no idea why the communication inside the Anovos is so bad they promise you that it will work and then there is again a major delay. Especially the Premium Kit is now estimated for later delivery than the later announced Standard Kit and one thing they pointed out from the beginning was that one piece of the higher price was the much earlier delivery date and that is clearly not given any more. They wanted to produce then in the US to get the Kits to us earlier and I am not sure if they are really produced there or in China. A few people from the support told me now that they are made overseas and a few moments later they said like ´´oh sorry no in the US´´. I really dont get what Anovos wants to achieve with that.

I don't know the reason for the delay. Not a clue. But, the premiere kit was more expensive because it was being produced domestically, i.e., US not China. That was supposed to enable it to be done sooner. The standard kit was being done in china and the factory wasn't supposed to have the capacity to get it done until september. You can't blame anovos for the chinese company losing a job or being ahead schedule and the US company being late. Provided that is the case.

Count yourself lucky. The Solo belt took how long to get to the first people? 3 years? More? TIE Pilot Wingman is getting up there, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The OT stormtrooper and Shadowtrooper helmet kits have been pushed back to Summer. The Wingman TIE helmet still says spring. They don't have much time left before the spring deadline​ is here.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

The OT stormtrooper and Shadowtrooper helmet kits have been pushed back to Summer. The Wingman TIE helmet still says spring. They don't have much time left before the spring deadline​ is here.

I'm wondering which spring. 2017? 2018? 2019? ect. ect. ect.

That is is too bad. I'm glad I canceled my order though, it is now officially over 2 years from order. The OT Stormtrooper helmet kits should be Anovos bread and butter, if they had them in stock they would sell like hot cakes, but they can't even deliver the first batch. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

I just received this e-mail from Anovos:

"We are writing to notify you of a recent update to your order for our officially-licensed STAR WARS™ items. Please visit the ANOVOS Shipping Calendar on our website for more information."

The calendar still says Spring 2017. I wonder if that is going to change soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone receive the Shock Trooper helmet yet? Love to see pics. If I were home, mine would have arrived days ago. Post office is holding it until I return but I'm dying to see some images from collectors.

Apparently today's email rearranged the dates on the FO trooper AGAIN.

Now, the premier stuff is Summer and the standard is Fall.

That is is too bad. I'm glad I canceled my order though, it is now officially over 2 years from order. The OT Stormtrooper helmet kits should be Anovos bread and butter, if they had them in stock they would sell like hot cakes, but they can't even deliver the first batch. Good luck to those who are still waiting.
Apparently the completed helmets take up most of the supply of pieces that the factory can make.

I never understood why the OT stormtrooper kit has a completed helmet and not a kit.

It's frustrating when two new special OT stormtrooper products are announced, produced, and delivered before year or two old orders that use the same parts.

So, I sent an email back asking if the TIE wingman was still shipping for spring or not because the calendar had not changed and I received a response saying that they still expected it to ship during this period. A couple hours later and I just now received an email stating they had an error. Shipping is now bumped to "SUMMER 2017". So disappointing. But if I wanted a 1st Order TIE red stripe which did not even exist when I ordered the TIE variant, I would have it in hand within days. Really sad.

Vader Wingman helmet bumped back from Spring to Summer?! WTF ANOVOS?? Send me a regular TIE helmet & I'll paint it myself. Yet the Snowtrooper helmet is still set for Spring? HAA!!! :lol
Vader Wingman ordered on 12-8-2014
Snowtrooper ordered 1-20-2015

At this point things will need to be ready to ship in just a few days to still meet the Spring deadline. Unless they are literally almost at their shipping facility I don't see any of the Spring items being shipped by June 20th. There are still several marked as Spring.

For the items moved to Summer, it may just be a week or two delay. Or it could be much longer.

I hope the stormtrooper/shadowtrooper helmet kits are actually produced and on the way to their distribution center. It's obvious all of the completed versions get higher priority than the kits, so the kits keep getting bumped. I don't think they should offer a version of a product that keeps getting bumped for other.products that use the same parts but are ordered later. Delays for a product that has not been produced by the factory is one thing. In this case the factory has produced plenty of stormtrooper/shadowtrooper parts, they have just been used to fulfill orders for other versions.

I got an email on March 31 saying my AT-AT pilot ensemble would ship sometime between April 3rd - April 10th. It never shipped. This was followed by another email on April 27th explaining that some components arrived late and it would ship within the next 1-5 days........ Guess what, a month and a half later, and it still hasn't shipped.

I got an email today with a link to the page with shipping date estimates and I see the AT-AT pilot ensemble is pushed to summer. Huh?

I don't mind because I won't be back in the US for a month or two to see it anyway, but this was weird considering the early emails basically saying it was ready to ship. Oh well. I trust the quality of Anovos's products, which is why I ordered them and I'm still willing to wait since I expect I'll be happy with them, but this was bizarre. I loved my stormtrooper kit especially for the price and although I haven't inspected it in person yet, my TIE pilot ensemble also looks incredible, so I'm willing to put up with this occasional weirdness.

Anyone one else receive shipping emails on there OT stormtrooper kits?

trying not to get too excited. Although I do have UPS tracking

Anyone receive the Shock Trooper helmet yet? Love to see pics. If I were home, mine would have arrived days ago. Post office is holding it until I return but I'm dying to see some images from collectors.

Mine is getting delivered today. I used UPS choice to authorize delivery without signature so hopefully that works cause my wife is out of town. If I get it I'll snap some pictures today and get them up.

At this point things will need to be ready to ship in just a few days to still meet the Spring deadline. Unless they are literally almost at their shipping facility I don't see any of the Spring items being shipped by June 20th. There are still several marked as Spring.

For the items moved to Summer, it may just be a week or two delay. Or it could be much longer.

I hope the stormtrooper/shadowtrooper helmet kits are actually produced and on the way to their distribution center. It's obvious all of the completed versions get higher priority than the kits, so the kits keep getting bumped. I don't think they should offer a version of a product that keeps getting bumped for other.products that use the same parts but are ordered later. Delays for a product that has not been produced by the factory is one thing. In this case the factory has produced plenty of stormtrooper/shadowtrooper parts, they have just been used to fulfill orders for other versions.

Mathematically speaking, it's a delay of 6 to 98 days :) Unless it gets delayed again.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is getting delivered today. I used UPS choice to authorize delivery without signature so hopefully that works cause my wife is out of town. If I get it I'll snap some pictures today and get them up.

Unless it's a very new option, that's odd as it will not let me do that. I try and it says it can't as signature is required. My only option is hold at facility as their 'window' options are all during the 9-5 workday.

Mathematically speaking, it's a delay of 6 to 98 days :) Unless it gets delayed again.

one of my last communications with the Anovos chat said that the item I ordered (helmet kit) was produced and they were waiting for the finished product to be delivered. However the update on the shipping calendar site seems to indicate that the kits haven't even been finished yet, much less left production. I also remember others talking about a "large container" shippment of helmets, but who knows. For a company in the manufacturing and shipping businesss, they seem to not have a handle on the stage of production at all.

But it maybe I just bought the wrong thing at the wrong time, other helmets have been clearly shipping faster and anovos has said they are using a new system and old orders aren't being filled using this new system. The old system just takes 2+ years to complete. For a customer, it just seems like a garbage excuse to sell higher value items and forget old orders.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back