What movies deeply impacted you or spoke to you?

Hahahaha, I was making a funny....I knew what movie you were talking about. Buuuuuuut The Charlie Sheen one was on cable last night and fresh in my mind. The Arrival with Sheen is early 90's cheese. Fun but cheese.....no deep messages.

My real contributions are obviously SW and Aliens. Anything Michael Mann. The Keep is a good Sci fi flick if you can find a copy on DVD.

Hahaha Nice one. Yeah the Sheen comment had me thinking.

Yeah the Keep is a fantastic film. Just plain menacing

we have an autistic son and through his school we met other parents with autistic children. one of them is a very quiet 15 year old boy. he barely ever speaks and his mom had not realy an idea what the little guy wanted to be, i doubt he did himself. he never expressed anything about what he wants to learn. his mom needed a break and he stayed with us for few days. we watched a movie and he found what he wanted to do because of that.

the movie we saw was Pacific Rim and now he is into robotics and programing them.

RED DAWN (the one, the only, the original). WOLVERINES! It is a commentary about the very spirit of America, and what a glorious movie it is. John Milius is a genius.

As well as Apollo 13, it instilled in me an overwhelming drive to succeed under the worst conditions possible. "Failure is not an option".

A.I I can't say enough about this film, quite profound, and tragic, it had me in tears at the end.
I know what you mean. It's a classic. And the way every frame is shot (especially the lighting) makes you feel like this was a civilization in decline and dying off. In the midst of this is a synthetic and sentient being undergoing a painful eternal childhood. The film makes me weep still - right down to the moment when the beings at the end grant his wish and there's that seadicam shot behind the boy running to his moms bed. I'm a dad and I live for the mornings when my kids run to our bedroom climb on with us; I savor those moments while I still can.

Likewise are the unforgettable characters he meets along the way. The film unfolds organically like the events that occur over the vast passages of time it represents. I love A.I.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back