murloc

Broilermaker

Sr Member
for some reason i like murlocs, what is a murloc? a murloc is a bipedal amphibian . my son brought them to my attention. so i have decided to make one. starting with a safari international pihranah i cut off the fins, got the frog legs from the same toy group. after triming everything i glued it all together, now i need to make a trip to the hobby store for putty.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    445.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    659.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    722.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 71
ok, so now i have added bondo, glazing and spot putty, i like it better than model putty, plus it is cheaper

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    602.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    658.3 KB · Views: 67
thanks, i wanted to make a "realistic" one using taxidermy forms but i wasnt sure about if the sizes would be colaberative enough, so i decided to use these toys instead. i am recovering from an operation that saved my life on july 9th, i am surprised my wife has let me use the table in the house, she doesnt want me in my work shop

sanded, i am waiting for it to dry to apply 2nd coat of spot putty where needed, most of you do not know this but in the begining of july i had an emergency operation that saved my life, so i only can work on this for short periods

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    693.9 KB · Views: 57
started making the quills for his back. i had gone to michael's and bought a package of guinea feathers and am cutting them down with an exacto knife

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    770.4 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    670.3 KB · Views: 51
primed and painted the quills today, hard to see in the photo but the base of the quills are orange fadind to red on the tips

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    697 KB · Views: 56
thank you for the kind words, this was something i've put off for for a while, so now that i have time for it, i figure why not? i wish i would've invested in an airbrush, but since i didnt, rattle cans will do

ok, i have painted the underside white (for this i used walmart's white, i like it because it dries fast and only cost $.99). when that was dry i flipped it over and painted the body citrus green (which looks yellow) the body then got misted with ivy green, the body then got heavily misted with john deere green, to match the illustrations. then after placing the body at ground level was misted with a darker green from walmart, for a "realistic" look. i may not be able to do the next steps tomorrow as the paint has to be really dry. also before i painted i had drilled holes in the back for the quills

- - - Updated - - -

the pics really do it no justice

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    804 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    821.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    792.1 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    694.8 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    820 KB · Views: 55
so after looking at it, it was too green. so i masked the legs and fogged the sides of the body with citrus green. due to the differences in indoor and natural light i took a pic with flash.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    797.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
painted the feet with red by kraylon rattle can, also stained the base

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    796.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    920.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
i have sealed and finished the base. i put down white glue and spread it pretty evenly across the surface, i then spread coarse stone granules across that and am waiting for it to dry

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    781 KB · Views: 48
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back