New The Punisher vest project (using various skulls)

Thank you... I thought that would've been a great idea too. Especially after the speculation of it surrounding "Cap: TWS". Wait til you see the skull we've come up with

A taste of things to come
image.jpeg

Just a thought on boots. Have you ever thought about trying wrestling boots? Highspots.com makes them custom, and usually has several off the shelf pairs in various colors and sizes.

I thought about it but those can be very pricey. For roughly $110 you can buy 14 eyelet white Doc Martens boots. If I can find a used pair of either boots for a cheap price I'd probably jump on it :)

Here's a small update with a custom Punisher "Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D." Type undershirt for the vest. Collaborating with Brulafu Disguises and Contagious Costuming on this one. Pics are of the dye sub, fresh off the printer.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Mike and Caitlin at Contagious Costuming will be producing the white shoulder/belt/ and leg accessories to go with this suit. I'm loving the idea of having so many black and white accessories and versions of not only the skulls on the vest but also various undershirts to be used with the vest or on their own. I guess the sky's the limit as far as possibilities go

Bruce pulled the "Y" pattern off of Maria Hill's costume from the "Avengers" movies and I think it looks terrific.

Last edited:
Thank you. Should have the fabric in hand by tomorrow and hope to stitch it up this week. It'll be a bit longer before all the white accessories are done but I'll update the thread as they're completed

Thanks, bud. That's a great group of skulls. Best part, I can just keep upgrading the skull panels as I feel like it. As for a clean Punisher, I agree, the dirtier, the better. I like my characters with a bit of the shine knocked off lol

I really love how this is turning out, you already have a pretty good setup with that vest, those boots, and those gloves. I heard a really good tip for weathering clothing is to take a old cheese grater, and just rub it on all sides in various spots. On the cuffs, the seat of the pants, on the knees - anywhere you'd expect to find wear and tear on your costume like on the edges of the webbing on those combat suspenders you're getting would be perfect. IIRC from an Adam Savage video, this technique was used on WWII uniforms in Band of Brothers and The Pacific and looks really good. You can also use lighters, sandpaper, and even just plain wear and tear from hiking, running, and scraping them on concrete and rocks. But be mindful of sandpaper, it doesn't exactly wear unevenly. It just tears away and thins the fabric.

Will have several updates (including new weapons) coming shortly. This project will be featured in the second part of the "Blood Night" graphic novel project on the "Marvel Now- Gerads" thread. Here's a quick update to that project:

A quick update to the "Blood Night" project. The photographer decided to print the graphic novel and, man, if it didn't turn out beautifully. I greatly prefer it to the digital format. Here are some quick photos. Lift-Off Studios is going to sell several small runs of the book, at no profit, just covering printing costs of the 80 page graphic novel to drum up interest for part II (featuring Black Widow). If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll update the thread once the books have been printed.
View attachment 601645View attachment 601644View attachment 601643View attachment 601642View attachment 601646

White gloves and boots. Just waiting on the white belts/holsters and upgraded vest. Just a temporary undershirt, btw. Expecting the new undershirts within the next week or so
image.jpeg

I have not really been into punisher before, but after coming across your 2 threads.... wow.
The build is awesome and I love the blood night concept.
can you say the ballpark price for a print copy? I am interested.

Hi, thank you so much! I'm glad you're digging the builds. As far as Blood Night, The photographer is at C2E2 right now and should be back next week. He only did a test print of 5-6 books. He texted me yesterday and told me the reception to the book was incredible so he'll do a big run once he's back. I won't know actual figures until then. It is worth mentioning that the book is a new way for him to spread his resume and build his portfolio. He's not charging for any profit, just to cover printing costs.

And if the readers of Blood Night want it badly enough, the sequel is already written and ready to be shot. We just want to make sure folks want to see it badly enough. It's a doozy and I hope we get the chance because it's quite a ride. :)

I'll give you a shout when he's back and I know a little more in regards to pricing

Quick update. This costume will be pretty much done in the next week. Vest, SHIELD undershirt, accessories, etc.. In the meantime, here are the 3 vest panels I'll currently be using. I will add more as I get more of the panels created
Cj8pW9NWkAAVs-E.jpg

I'll have to get that info this weekend when I pick everything up. I believe its some sort of collared stab-vest but I can remember the manufacturer name or model # off the top of my head

Thank you! The 2004 Punisher shirt isn't one I'm going to be using for this costume set. Still waiting on reprinted dye subs to arrive. I'll show off more as it arrives :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back