Daredevil (Netflix Series)

I think well hidden cuts,.....the S2 E3 stairwell scene is the same but lasts 4 minutes

J

There are definitely cuts in the stair scene.. The one that stood out most to me was right before he drop kicked a guy down the stairs. Not sure if anyone else caught that, or if there are more apparent ones.

The hallway scene was damn good. Don't remember seeing a cut, but I wasn't actively looking. They must have hid them very well indeed.

Has the hallway fight scene from S1 E2 been debated here yet? All one shot, or very well hidden cuts?
Both are actually true. Each take was the complete fight filmed beginning to end but with places where they can edit in select parts of each take.
So the entire fight was filmed each time in one take. But the best parts were spliced together for the final cut.

I just started the second season last night and though I'm well and truly burnt out on this superhero movie stuff, this show is one, if not, the only thing I like from them. This show could entirely exist on its own merits and have nothing to do with the other movies and it'd be just as good. There's still some spots that take me out of it; the dialogue is a bit spotty at times and somehow the show just feels cheaper than the last season (all this color correction might be making me feel that way, though) but I'm still thoroughly enjoying it overall. Jon Bernthal still doesn't quite sell me as the Punisher but out of the lot we've been given, he's certainly the best offering.

Jon Bernthal still doesn't quite sell me as the Punisher but out of the lot we've been given, he's certainly the best offering.

Just finished 3 episodes of the 2nd season.
So far it's pretty awesome.

I'm curious what they're going to have as his background story. He holds his own pretty well with someone who's essentially a ninja as far as hand-to-hand.
That's always been the one thing I have a hard time with as far as depictions of military people in TV/movies is the misconception that they're all highly trained fighters.
I can't speak for special ops folks... I can only assume they can hold their own, but even then, DD is a whole different level of fighter.

Either way. I've always liked the concept of the Punisher character. Bernthal seems to be pulling it off so far. I said it before but I really liked Ray Stevenson in the role. Bernthal has a little more of a hick Neanderthal thing going but whatever. Can't change the casting now and he's holding my attention.

This is one of the few shows I enjoy so I'm sticking with it.

If anyone gets some great screenshots of his vest, please post em up. I have 'work' to do lol. Well, a costume to build :)

Assuming you're talking about The Punisher here you go. I had to take them with my phone because Netflix doesn't allow screen grabs anymore.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

EDIT: I don't know why the images are being posted upside down and sideways. I took them normally and even tried reuploading them but they still post in odd ways.

Last edited:
Just finished it and I enjoyed it as much as season 1. Some great moments, Punished was my favorite depiction so far.

..I've always liked the concept of the Punisher character. Bernthal seems to be pulling it off so far. I said it before but I really liked Ray Stevenson in the role. Bernthal has a little more of a hick Neanderthal thing going but whatever. Can't change the casting now and he's holding my attention....

I liked Ray Stevenson, too, as far as how he looked is concern. That's pretty much how I think a real-deal Punisher would look like, unfortunately the movie he was in was trash. Fun moments, but trash.

Just finished the season. Oh, boy...

It started out so strong but the last third of this season kinda just fell apart for me. The stuff with Elektra was really lame, the whole ninja thing didn't really pan out at all, and Punisher's wrap up was just so abrupt, I felt. I think it was partly due to that they had one too many things going on and didn't know what or how to wrap it up. I really liked the Punisher stuff; from the start of his killing spree to his capture and release with the help of Kingpin, that was all top notch. The rest after that, though, just kinda lost its steam. I don't know what the overall idea of where this showing is headed but the introduction of magic stuff kinda killed the mood that the first half of this season, and all the previous season, for me. I thought they were going for the Nolan-Batman atmosphere for this show, where they do comic-inspired things but in a "real-world" manner, omitting or changing things to keep to that atmosphere. The whole mysticism with the Hand and Elektra and how that tied in with Daredevil, or at least how it was handled, I don't think worked at all and really spoiled what had been established. For next season, I hope they do something better with her and not just bring her back to just kill her for that iconic comic moment with Bullseye. I mean, it's gotta happen but I hope it's...just done better.

On another note, I'm glad the people working on the show saw the goofy design flaw of DD's helmet. They kinda fixed the brow/cranium issue where his eyes looked like they were at his nostrils but, oddly enough, it wound up looking like Affleck's DD.:lol

Also, what a coincidence that there's an already made vest where the front is designed to already look like a skull; ready for paint.:rolleyes

On another note, I'm glad the people working on the show saw the goofy design flaw of DD's helmet. They kinda fixed the brow/cranium issue where his eyes looked like they were at his nostrils but, oddly enough, it wound up looking like Affleck's DD.:lol

If they didn't fix the goofy nose on the mask they didn't make it better.
The Affleck costume was actually pretty good. Just a little too shiny in my opinion. If it could have been a subdued red it would have been better. The mask was better than the TV show's though. But I get the point of why the TV version is the way it is: to reduce the amount of damage he has to take. Spandex just doesn't cut it in real life.

Only three eps in, but already it's annoying me how Daredevil just shows up at the Punisher's lairs with no explanation as to how he figured out how to find them. The writing seems significantly weaker this time around.

EDIT: Love the Stilt Man easter egg!

EDIT EDIT: After a few episodes it grew on me big time. Not as solid as the first season, but I'm loving it! Two episodes to go and I can't wait for season 3! JB is KILLING it as the Punisher. Easily the best screen incarnation yet (though that's a low bar lol). Electra is fantastic. I'm hooked.

Last edited:
EDIT: I don't know why the images are being posted upside down and sideways. I took them normally and even tried reuploading them but they still post in odd ways.

Cell phones and tablets have an "up". Usually, it is when the camera is to the left and the "button" is to the right, to facilitate right-handed users. This data is encoded into the image, even if you use image manipulation software to flip it around. This is read by many websites and they will "correct" it for you.

Finished the season last night. While the writing is weaker than S1 and JJ, I liked S2 better overall. The Hand plot is more intriguing, Bernthal gives us a friggin amazing performance that's Emmy-worthy, Yung delivers on Elektra, and the action scenes are better and more plentiful than S1. My main complaint is the rushed pacing of the last 3 episodes, lazy writing partly to blame. They could've spread some of those plot reveals throughout the season and cut down on Karen's subplots.

Last edited:
I don't know whether to find this admirable, annoying, or insulting...

Jon Bernthal Wants the Punisher to Make People Rethink "Role of Guns in Society"[/h]

In all honesty I have my doubts most people who use the Punisher logo in the military are or ever have been readers/fans of the comic. Not the point though...

If his message here is that a murderous veteran vigilante should teach us that guns are not the solution to the problems in society... it kind of says that people are too stupid to separate fiction from reality. The show undoubtedly exaggerates violence and the criminal element for the progression of the story. If one part of NYC was as saturated with crime as the show depicts it would be in the news every day... or it would be Detroit. ;)

Is the message that guns aren't the solution, but going out and punching/kicking people into unconsciousness is?

Bernthal... your Punisher is good. Don't let it go to your head. You're opinions and political views I could do without. Just shut up and act.

Just finished watching Season 2 last night and loved loved loved it.

Possible Spoilers so keep that in mind before reading any further. :)

Loved how they handled the Punisher and I'll admit I was a little surprised by the amount of violence they showed him not only capable of...but that they actually 'showed' most all of it. Kudos to the production for not holding back because this way we really got a sense of not only what drives Frank and what he's capable of...but just by being able to see all that blood and gore and resulting carnage for me really pushed his character development to an unquestionable place ...and in a good way. Brilliantly handled.

Was pleasantly surprised to see the Kingpin back, and again very happy with how they handled him.

Electra...also very well introduced and great chemistry with all her co stars.

Daredevil...the most notable difference was the welcome change to his mask. That was really the only thing that I didn't really care for in the first season and I know, I know...we only saw it briefly in the last episode but still....as a 'costume guy' I tend to always gravitate towards the costumes first, and if I struggle with the costumes then it tends to become harder for me to dig my heels into the show and enjoy it. A minor gripe, but thrilled to see it addressed so well for season two.
Costume was always perfect in my opinion otherwise, and it does also appear that a few other upgrades to the rest of the costume have been done as well. Still, one of my favorite and 'smart' superhero costumes so far.

This is a great show and I'm really looking forward to season 3. I'm totally down with the ninjas and the whole 'Bring me to Life' - 'Again' - theme they've got going now....lol, see what I did there? ;)

Never felt crowded, just a well handled show. Love the Jessica Jones cross over and the cliffhanger was pretty cool too.

OK season 3...I'm hooked already.

David

Almost through EP8... man this season is awesome.

While I love how Netflix dumps the whole season at one time... I'm kind of bummed that I'm going to have to wait so long for S3.

While I like the minor change to his mask I'm still holding out hope that maybe S3 will go with this suit from the concept art. I hadn't seen this before but it totally works for me. It's not the Affleck leather suit but it nails it on being a modern version of the red spandex suit.

kh3pjtcuvcrenhncfaih.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back