Planet Explorer

She's a beauty!

Visiting the US Air Force base? Was that 'research' for the model?

-MJ

Thanks Mike-san

We've visited a US Air Force base in Tokyo this autumn.
C17 Globemaster was amazing! Very inspiring.

it looks amazing from every angle. I hope one day you can use it in a film (maybe do a bit of stop motion with it?) just so it's more than a static display.

Thank you very much!!

katsu

That's a real beauty Katsu-san. Thanks for all of the work in progress photos as well, very inspiring! Some amazing ideas there and do well executed too.

Great to see all these pictures again Katsu-san, still amazed to see all the detail and ingenuity in your model.

I wish you and your family a happy new year and hope too see more of your great modelling skills next year.

Jim.

That is one amazing model, the pics of the cargo/loading bay get me every time...it looks so real. So when are you starting your next masterpiece...I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

An update from Katsu-san is an excellent way to start the day.

Yatta!

As amazing as each of your models is, you somehow manage to raise the bar each time, and this is no exception. (I'm still in awe of the tracks, wheels, and suspension system... thank you for taking us back through the project.)

I have no idea how you'll be able to top this. I'm sure you will, I just don't know how...

Dōmo arigatōhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Installing_Japanese_character_sets for sharing this build with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely stunning, seeing it in isolation against the black background , very impressive, the reminder of the key points of the build is a great idea , we should all do this as a review upon completion .
happy new year , and thanks for the inspiration
Kruleworld hit it on the head , this would make an amazing stop motion vehicle .
keep up the great work......

So many interesting details everywhere you look. I love the robot, the metal-looking chairs in the dining room, that red room below the cockpit area (what is that room?)... so much to see. Amazing.

Stunning work! And may I repeat the praise for the interior, especially the cargo area. You are a master of the craft.

And your family is beautiful. I wish you all the best.

--Alex

Katsu-san,

You are a mad wizard when it comes to scratch-building! I can only hope to one day be as inspired in my creations as you seem to be. Thanks so much for sharing your journey, yet again, and letting us be there when you commissioned the USSV 317 Taiowa!

That's a real beauty Katsu-san. Thanks for all of the work in progress photos as well, very inspiring! Some amazing ideas there and do well executed too.

Thank you very much, Rat-san. I'm glad if you enjoyed my build.

Great to see all these pictures again Katsu-san, still amazed to see all the detail and ingenuity in your model.

I wish you and your family a happy new year and hope too see more of your great modelling skills next year.

Jim.

Jim-san.
Without your great support and many good looking parts you sent me, the model would be completely different look and I'm sure it would never satisfied me anyway.
Thank you very much, my friend.

That is one amazing model, the pics of the cargo/loading bay get me every time...it looks so real. So when are you starting your next masterpiece...I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Thank you for your constant support, Spaceace-san.
I really want to back on build soon. I want to build a bad guys battle ship.
I am looking forward to enjoy build with you again soon.

An update from Katsu-san is an excellent way to start the day.

Yatta!

As amazing as each of your models is, you somehow manage to raise the bar each time, and this is no exception. (I'm still in awe of the tracks, wheels, and suspension system... thank you for taking us back through the project.)

I have no idea how you'll be able to top this. I'm sure you will, I just don't know how...

Dōmo arigatō for sharing this build with us.

I've never tried to raise the bar. I was always only wanted to build with some easy way. But when I start, it always getting complicated. Is this a bad karma?
Next time, I definitely build a model with some casual way.
Domo Arigato, Tom-san!

Absolutely stunning, seeing it in isolation against the black background , very impressive, the reminder of the key points of the build is a great idea , we should all do this as a review upon completion .
happy new year , and thanks for the inspiration
Kruleworld hit it on the head , this would make an amazing stop motion vehicle .
keep up the great work......

Thank you very much, Vacformedhero-san.
It's been a long time since I started this build and even I myself forget what I did to build each part.
It also remind me how my friends were supports me and cheer me up at each time.

So many interesting details everywhere you look. I love the robot, the metal-looking chairs in the dining room, that red room below the cockpit area (what is that room?)... so much to see. Amazing.

Thanks for looking so closely. I've just remember (!!). That room was originally supposed to be a manipulator's room of mechanical hands.
But now it's turns out to be a observation room for water surface cruising.

Hands down, the most beautifully built and interesting model i have ever seen.

Well done, Katsu-san!

Thank you very much. That's one of the most pleasant praise for me.

Stunning work! And may I repeat the praise for the interior, especially the cargo area. You are a master of the craft.

And your family is beautiful. I wish you all the best.

--Alex

Thank you very much.
My wife and daughters are always told by me about your great help and supports. And sending a best regards to you.

Spectacular! Falls second to the beautiful family you have. Happy Holidays! :)

Thank you very much and I always do. Sofaking01-san. Happy holiday for you too.
You always cheer me up while you are tackling a very big project now.
I owe you so much, sir.

Katsu-san,

You are a mad wizard when it comes to scratch-building! I can only hope to one day be as inspired in my creations as you seem to be. Thanks so much for sharing your journey, yet again, and letting us be there when you commissioned the USSV 317 Taiowa!

Dart-san, thank you very much. I am so happy to carry this build up here with you.
I hope I can keep up to be as good as for having a commission build for the customer while you are here!

Amazing work! I love it. Great thread and a fantastic model.

Thank you very much for the kind words, Automaton-san.

Today, I finished the job for this year. I can take a few day off.
I hope I could back here with a new build soon.

Again, thank you very much and have a happy holiday.

Katsu

:eek:eek:eek Fantastic, Katsu-san!!! The super-realistic loading dock, a cryo chamber (nice!), a droid, the decals, those screens, -- whoa!!! Everything about it is amazing!!! thanks for that beautiful shot of the model nestled in your hands ---that brings everything into perspective -- it's the king of scratchbuilt models! And, of course, you have a beautiful family!!! :)

what an ending to such a wonderful work of art. It has been a most amazing journey through your creativity Katsu-san. I would like to thank you for taking us along for the ride...(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Katsu-san, awesome to see the progress shots again, so much ingenuity and it turned out fantastic :thumbsup

JediMicheal, wicked photoshop work :eek: I did a double take when I saw the guys standing in front of the loading bay door there.

I'd look forward to anything you build next, but I can't express in English, much less Japanese, how thrilled I am at your choice. I can hardly wait!

Thanks Tom-san. I am looking forward to start the new build soon with you again. You are my power booster.

:eek:eek:eek Fantastic, Katsu-san!!! The super-realistic loading dock, a cryo chamber (nice!), a droid, the decals, those screens, -- whoa!!! Everything about it is amazing!!! thanks for that beautiful shot of the model nestled in your hands ---that brings everything into perspective -- it's the king of scratchbuilt models! And, of course, you have a beautiful family!!! :)

Jazz-san, you have no idea how much have I been amazed and inspired by your superb model works.
You are my mentor, sir.

Stunning detail, this thing is great!

Thank you very much for looking!

what an ending to such a wonderful work of art. It has been a most amazing journey through your creativity Katsu-san. I would like to thank you for taking us along for the ride...(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Sean-san,
You always gave me kind and good advices like paint scheme. Thanks for your many support!

Wow, amazing work...looks so great.

So here we can see the vehicle sitting in its warehouse.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/JediMichael/ExplorerWarehouse.jpg

I see you guys went and visited it before they sent it to explore planets. Even bought a souvenir hat I see.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/JediMichael/group.jpg

And of course out exploring a planet.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/JediMichael/Planet.jpg

I'm a buddist but.... OMG,OMG,OhhhMy Gohhhd.
How should we say....those pics are wonderful new year's presents for us all.
We all have raised the big voices of surprise at the moment we saw these pics.
I am really proud of what you have done for me.
Thank you , thank you very much.

Katsu-san, awesome to see the progress shots again, so much ingenuity and it turned out fantastic :thumbsup

JediMicheal, wicked photoshop work :eek: I did a double take when I saw the guys standing in front of the loading bay door there.

Thank you very much for nice comment Canobi-san.
And nice to have a good friend supporting me all the time!

We did a double take too. XD

All the best

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back