Show your Dr. Who props!

I recently made a Dalek Machine Gun. Adapting the PVC gun to shoot of of a semi auto Nerf gun. I do have a YouTube video, "Dalek Nerf Machine Gun".

dalek_machine_gun__39__by_elkaddalek-dbgehhx.png

Rubbertoe's Dematerialisation Circuit just arrived -- cool little prop with a nice stand/platform! I normally don't like plaques but as with many of their items RT has smartly integrated it into the display stand.

It comes with a card that reminds you to be careful when handling, and I can see why. Unfortunately one of the arm caps had popped off in transit, and upon closer inspection two more were slightly loose. The issue is that the spray chrome was not removed from the surfaces to be glued into the green arms, leading to a very weak join.

It was an easy fix, though- just had to scrape the chrome out of the cup in the green piece and re-apply the CA glue. The trickiest part was lining up/inserting the copper wires. So yes, be very careful with this one, but it's simple to fix if necessary.

untitled.png

I just rewatched a TOS star trek episode called "Assignment Earth" where a alien that appears human uses something that looks and acts similar to a Sonic Screwdriver.

The character's name was Gary Seven. He had a black cat that he talked to. I hadn't noticed this before.

I believe the Star Trek episode was 1968. Soooo......the first Doctor Who sonic screwdriver predates 1968.....right ? :)

This is your bonus Trivia question. :lol

The sonic screwdriver was introduced in March 16, 1968. Assignment Earth premiered March 29, 1968. Since both shows were undoubtedly written and produced before they were shown so it's probably a coincidence.

The sonic screwdriver was introduced in March 16, 1968. Assignment Earth premiered March 29, 1968. Since both shows were undoubtedly written and produced before they were shown so it's probably a coincidence.

That's remarkable. But clearly true. The timing must be coincidence.

I have the same type of cassette player from this year’s The Lie of the Land. When the Doctor’s soldiers were fighting back against the Monks, Bill recorded a message to protect them from the effects of the mind control and it was played on a “Groov-e” branded cassette player (I don’t have any screencaps but I remember there being a few good close-ups).

I actually bought this long before the episode aired, but this brand is widely and cheaply available all over the internet.
5d03f55f6bcb74a522bd74ab34977d10.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back