The Predator (New Sequel)

Just heard about that?

Been talked about at great lengths else where

Eddie James Olmos Character got cut out as well

has anyone heard this yet? Apparently Olivia Munn's character had a scene where she was "sexually harassed" and afterwards she found out the "actor" is a real life registered sex offender. O.M. asked they cut the scene and they did, i'm not gonna pay to see this if one dime goes to a convicted pervert that gets to "PLAY" a pervert on the big screen.. :thumbsdown

- - - Updated - - -

Had to write to Shane Black and tell him how disappointing this movie was. What was he thinking? How did anyone in the movie think it was good. The "little" Predator looked like a melding of Marvel and Power Rangers. That last minute of the movie, the last spoken line, projectile vomit!

I'm going to jump in here super late, just saw the preview for the second time.

Hopefully at least Art gets to save some money this time 'round

THAT bad? Wow. the previews looked so bad.... Like worse then Gary Busey bad. I can only hope at least original Predator sales spiked. Just thinking that there are children who will watch this and think that it's new and the 'best'.... It gives me the eebie-geebies :eek:wacko:rolleyes I even gave 'The Meg' a chance.

NOPE.

He saw it anyway... despite mine and my husband's warnings :p

I broke out my Crain Machete and brought it to the show, what young kids were there knew what it was :thumbsup

THAT bad? Wow. the previews looked so bad.... Like worse then Gary Busey bad. I can only hope at least original Predator sales spiked. Just thinking that there are children who will watch this and think that it's new and the 'best'.... It gives me the eebie-geebies :eek:wacko:rolleyes I even gave 'The Meg' a chance.

granded, it was not as great as the very first "Arrnuld- encounter" but going in spoiler free, I really liked it. Enjoyed all the nods for previous installments, like menionings or photodocuments, and I think outbof the audience I was the only one to notice Alexa Woods xenomorph-tail-spear from the first AvP movie. Only disapointment for my, was the very end. When that mysterious escape pod opened I really expected a horde of facehugger crawling/jumping out or a alien egg being lifted out.
Either that or the two survivors from Predators being revealed to return to earth

I saw this last night and it was just me and my friend at the screening...Like others have said: this movie is d-u-m DUMB!

To be fair, I feel like this is the standard of movies as of late. Only Mission Impossible and Sicario have been exceptions. Hollywood is bankrupt of coherent or thought provoking plots.
Screenshot_20180919-174307_YouTube.jpg

Who says we haven't already seen "female" Predators?

After having seen the first two so many times.... I wouldn't say it's impossible for either to be "female" or whatever.

Well, in most of the expanded universe stuff, female Predators are often described having breasts and a female form similar to human males. But, the constant detail between those sources is that the females are bigger. And, we have seen bigger Predators before in the films... So, maybe we have.

I saw this on Wednesday, and, i really liked it. Yeah, it was dumb, but i liked the characters, i liked the opening, i liked the music,
I liked that the violence was THERE, but not glorified or overly dwelled on.

I'm not too sure about the CG Big Pred....but, how else could they have done him?
I loved that they took stuff we all believed as set-in-stone and told us we were wrong.

it was a sci-fi action romp that went along at a good pace. Did i kind of have to "turn my brain off"? Of course, but didn't we do that with the others as well?

The sound was awesome too, and Tom Jane had me in pain from laughing with his delivery of certain lines. :)

Rich

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back