1/72 Hoth Echo Base Hangar diorama

Do you happen to know what the yellow and orange thing is? If I add more, that'd be a good item

Which yellow and orange thing? The one in front of the X-wing or the one on top of the Goink droid?

I showed my girlfriend the 2 pictures and asked her what the real one was. She pointed at yours first. I smiled and shes like, oh, probably the other one. She thought it looked really good.

LOL, no $#!t? Well tell her thank you. Of the bunch, that was one of the better shots. The thing in front of the Xwing...some sort of a lift?
Which yellow and orange thing? The one in front of the X-wing or the one on top of the Goink droid?

I showed my girlfriend the 2 pictures and asked her what the real one was. She pointed at yours first. I smiled and shes like, oh, probably the other one. She thought it looked really good.

I dunno...I've noticed it before but never looked into it and I probably should. It would be a nice recognizable piece and it looks like it would easily be scratched up. Thanks JM :thumbsup
Figured the in front of the X-wing thing. Yeah, looks like some type of lift to me. Is there any making of videos that might show the set better?

I dunno...I've noticed it before but never looked into it and I probably should. It would be a nice recognizable piece and it looks like it would easily be scratched up. Thanks JM :thumbsup

I never really paid much attention to the background in the hanger, but is that something that was used on screen, or just something to help build the set and removed before filming?

Seems like I've seen several angles of it, so I assumed it was a prop...darn...I've have to watch ESB...again :lol
I never really paid much attention to the background in the hanger, but is that something that was used on screen, or just something to help build the set and removed before filming?

Found it. Its in a few shots, but couldn't tell what it was...until Luke and Dak's snowspeeder is lifting off. So its a weird light holder crane thingy.

lights.jpg

Not really a lot of good pics of it. The pic I used to compare to yours, it does still look like a lift/crane for a person to stand in, and the lights are to help them see what they are working on. Its just so hard to really tell. Having fun trying to help figure this out.

I sure appreciate the effort brother, it would be a good addition to the already busy atmosphere. :thumbsup
Not really a lot of good pics of it. The pic I used to compare to yours, it does still look like a lift/crane for a person to stand in, and the lights are to help them see what they are working on. Its just so hard to really tell. Having fun trying to help figure this out.

442937_62e7b73a41a82e5de2563b3af21c748a.jpeg_srz_450_350_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpeg_srz.jpg

Does look like a cherry picker and it would make sence they'd have one on set for access to higher set parts, then dress it up as a prop. It'll just be an older version of the pictured one

Last edited:
No worries, It was just "1980s cherry picker" in to bing and scrole down a few pages.
The sceenshot seems to be a ground mounted version though, So I'd guess theres no drivable vehicle under it, It's bolted to the floor with a seperate power unit

I just googled 70' articulated lift, didn't even find the same ones you did. but I think this orange dude you found is as close as I/we are going to get. looks fine to me though. I was thinking about having it extended like the speeder pic you found, with some bright LED's blaring on it, but putting it on a 1/76 tank base, wheels and tracks. I believe I have some extra. What are your thoughts on that? Kris, what do you think? I think it would be passable as another piece od base equipment...man lift and light platform, and of course just another thing in the dio to look at, because Lord knows there's not enough yet :lol
No worries, It was just "1980s cherry picker" in to bing and scrole down a few pages.
The sceenshot seems to be a ground mounted version though, So I'd guess theres no drivable vehicle under it, It's bolted to the floor with a seperate power unit

There are tracked versions of cherry pickers so check them for track scale. That said the bigger the arm on these things the more counter weight they need, So bigger tank hull

I'd add it. Since there is limited availability of actual set pictures of it, your artistic liberties are less constrained. Adding a tracked component seems logical. The Sandcrawler comes to mind... You'll need to add the light mount it has, though... That'll make it look cooler anyway. Adding details like this will only make it better and keep the viewer engaged longer, looking at all the small details.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back