eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Well laws of physics dont let a non gap area be movable. It does not work like that! LOL

Where in my messages do you see me saying there should be no gap there?

Look here at another photo of a screen used:

3f2b1e18a203f0f18a7b79c36eea2d37.jpg

And then compare both to Jez's photo of the EFX Scout Grand Canyon gap:

SWH18_EFX_Limited_Scout52B.jpg

You completely missed the point of my post. I was saying there has to be a gap in order for it to be movable.

I guess it is you who missed my point. We all know that there should be some kind of gap for the faceplate to be able to rise. DOH! It is implied in all my posts and other people's posts as well. All screen used helmets had it. All my Scout helmets had it, no matter the maker. No one doubted that. We are talking about the difference between a normal gap and EFX gap. Please read again our posts here and on other boards too. Oh well, ending this discussion here, because it seems to go nowhere... ;)

The stunt helmets are also flared out more at the bottoms and have more cut out in the goggle area.

As for why there are different numbers of vents, the scout is an example of a costume that seemed to be thrown together. There's different widths of strapping on some of the armour bits, inconsistencies with vent numbers and markings... all compounded by the fact that there are no screen-used costumes in the wild, just a couple of helmets.

Oh and the screenused helmet in the glasscase is not the one on the screenshot there.The one on the pic is the "Oberk"helmet.And this one has 8 vents.;)

Was EFX even at SDCC this year? I didn’t see any photos of their booth. Please let this torture be over soon! Any new updates from Disney reps? Any real dates mentioned?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The gap looks especially horrendous where the visor connects to the helmet on the sides. Damn! You’d think the million years they took to work on this, they’d at least make something that looks right. Yea, it’s kinda obvious there has to be some kind of gap there—as seen on the originals—but not a Grand Canyon sized one :D

Y'know - this is something to follow. Seriously. I am not invested in this helmet: I did not buy one. But dealing with Anovos over here on this end it is just spectacular (in a bad way) to watch these pervasive kinds of dynamics play out elsewhere. So wild, that meeting at which starwarshelmets was present - speaking to the idea that there were complaints over the behavior of plastic - at this late date.

Myself, I have been on both sides of this equation. I have been a fan costumer for years (though hanging it up soon) and also worked briefly at LFL (technically I was an intern but worked in the Creature Shop with fabrication for several months). And my only conclusion is that so very many fans are eager to be involved in some way and, at best, bring lots of talent and Monday morning quarter-backing to these costuming companies but otherwise JUST DO NOT HAVE IT. They are overwhelmingly unacquainted with an organic process that coughs up huge, unforeseen problems and they cannot dance with them. Great intentions but greener than fresh bed of clovers.

In short, Spielberg made Jaws with a shark that never worked. HE can do that.

Efx and Anovos compeltely cave when a hair is out of place. There is no adaptation or innovation. There is only deer-in-headlights.

That is the difference.

All of you Scout Trooper folk have my sympathies.

I don't think it's so much that they can't solve problems when they arise, but that they simply don't care. Spielberg had a lot on the line. Jaws had to work. Efx just doesn't have that kind of pressure. They can take as long as they want to produce (or never produce) things.

That would even be worse. Because they DO have a lot on the line: everyone's money. They don't care because there is no more glamour or euphoria anymore for themselves perhaps.

Who knows. But how can MR and Efx and Anovos all succumb - according to them - to the "unforeseen" this way, right?

Not really asking. Just going GEEEZ

I don't think it's so much that they can't solve problems when they arise, but that they simply don't care. Spielberg had a lot on the line. Jaws had to work. Efx just doesn't have that kind of pressure. They can take as long as they want to produce (or never produce) things.

Right said darthjones2.If I would be the boss of efx and have seen this gap on the chinese scouthelmets...I would repair this with my own hands before I would ship this to only one customer.I know that are a lot of helmet to repair....but this helmet was years too late before...so a half year longer for a lot better helmet would be better as this.And they had polished their image when the customers saw them working with their own hands on the helmets.;)

That would even be worse. Because they DO have a lot on the line: everyone's money. They don't care because there is no more glamour or euphoria anymore for themselves perhaps.

Who knows. But how can MR and Efx and Anovos all succumb - according to them - to the "unforeseen" this way, right?

Not really asking. Just going GEEEZ

The only thing that'd put fear into them to actually move their butts, would be fear of reprisal (i.e. losing the license) from Disney. Stunningly, Disney doens't seem to give a rat's ass that they took money from people 6-7 years ago and haven't put out a real product in that time frame. The license owner sees royalties from sales. You'd think with that many years of next to no (or no) royalties, they'd yank the license. But no.

The ship has sailed in the case of Efx. NO ONE is buying another thing from them unless it ships the day it's bought, and even then, i imagine there's a significant number of people who'd never touch it.

2-3 years is bad enough, but you can understand that to a certain degree. 6-7 years? It's completely inexcusable no matter how you look at it. Unforeseen circumstances can make soemthing you'd think would take a year hit the 2-3 year mark. NOTHING pushes it to 6-7 except your own incompetence. It's not the mark of a professional company, it's the mark of a guy running a shop out of his basement or garage, and is either bored to death with it, or is way over his head.

I fail to see how they're still in business, let alone able to retain the license. Are they successfully putting out product in other lines to the point of being able to pay salaries, overhead, and turn a profit?

Well stated.
The only thing that'd put fear into them to actually move their butts, would be fear of reprisal (i.e. losing the license) from Disney. Stunningly, Disney doens't seem to give a rat's ass that they took money from people 6-7 years ago and haven't put out a real product in that time frame. The license owner sees royalties from sales. You'd think with that many years of next to no (or no) royalties, they'd yank the license. But no.

The ship has sailed in the case of Efx. NO ONE is buying another thing from them unless it ships the day it's bought, and even then, i imagine there's a significant number of people who'd never touch it.

2-3 years is bad enough, but you can understand that to a certain degree. 6-7 years? It's completely inexcusable no matter how you look at it. Unforeseen circumstances can make soemthing you'd think would take a year hit the 2-3 year mark. NOTHING pushes it to 6-7 except your own incompetence. It's not the mark of a professional company, it's the mark of a guy running a shop out of his basement or garage, and is either bored to death with it, or is way over his head.

I fail to see how they're still in business, let alone able to retain the license. Are they successfully putting out product in other lines to the point of being able to pay salaries, overhead, and turn a profit?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back