Millenium Falcon (New Hasbro 29") Paint WIP

I wonder Krylon makes paint for plastic would that work? I got 2 of the Hasbro MF,one for me and one for my youngest brother,I am also hoping to get the upgrade resin parts from Mike (mslz22) once he has them available to buy..

Hey all,

With all the new stuff for the Hasbro Falcon already out there, here is yet another add-on.

This upgrade consists of 18 resin (6x 3), and 9 PE (6x + 3) parts. You get 6x resin exhaust fan inserts (2 parts each), plus 6x PE grilles, then another 6x retainer rings. As well, you get three smaller grilles for atop the docking tubes.

This will be available from the SSM store sooner than later (but not before Xmas): They will (as of now) for $48.00 USD.

MMI-7781 - 01
MMI-7781 - 02
MMI-7781 - 03
MMI-7781 - 04
MMI-7781 - 05

NOTE: The PE in the images is in fact a custom piece for the SMT 1/48 Falcon. The 7781 PE will have a smaller outer diameter as to not be seen when the retainer ring is added. Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I am waiting on resin cast parts myself...don't want to touch the falcon till I get everything...I did however yesterday order the Legacy MF lighting kit with the rear engine assembly....so I can have sounds and lights , once I get all the conversion parts to modify and install....going to be a long one Im sure...LOL
Lear60man...your painting technique is beautiful , thank you so much for ... , thank you so much for
showing all of us , what an extraordinary paint job you did...that is going to help so much...cause I cant paint Lear60man.. ....I mostly build things....LOL...I Love what you did to bring this kit so much realism
Lear60man... , thank you so much ....Guy

For those interested, Randy Copper has just released a set of upgrade parts for this falcon.
http://randycoopermodels.com

He has a sale thread currently going on his Facebook page.

10516745_10152988799295238_2402975691706341897_n.jpg

For those interested, Randy Copper has just released a set of upgrade parts for this falcon.
http://randycoopermodels.com

He has a sale thread currently going on his Facebook page.

View attachment 427076
Saw that but geesh I can buy 4 of the BMF for the cost . They are on clearance at Wally World for $30. I was hoping to find a maker doing a conversion kit for around $50. Not knocking his price but personally I can't justify $120 for resin bits. His stuff is great. I think I gonna have to chop up a legacy falcon.

Saw that but geesh I can buy 4 of the BMF for the cost . They are on clearance at Wally World for $30. I was hoping to find a maker doing a conversion kit for around $50. Not knocking his price but personally I can't justify $120 for resin bits. His stuff is great. I think I gonna have to chop up a legacy falcon.

Where can you get a legacy for that though? Last I saw they run a couple hundred for an incomplete one at this point (sooooooo tempted to take the kids Falcon away - don't you darn kids know toys are meant to be sealed behind glass and PRESERVED, not crashed into stuff!!!! Darn kids...get off my lawn!). I was loving the conversion thread which was using nothing but Hasbro parts, but then thought "wait a second, a set of BMF landing gear ALONE on fleabay runs about eighty freaking bucks, plus shipping. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the SW parts at this point?

Where can you get a legacy for that though? Last I saw they run a couple hundred for an incomplete one at this point (sooooooo tempted to take the kids Falcon away - don't you darn kids know toys are meant to be sealed behind glass and PRESERVED, not crashed into stuff!!!! Darn kids...get off my lawn!). I was loving the conversion thread which was using nothing but Hasbro parts, but then thought "wait a second, a set of BMF landing gear ALONE on fleabay runs about eighty freaking bucks, plus shipping. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the SW parts at this point?
Just scored a legacy falcon for $18 dollars on eBay. My goal now is to see if anybody wants to mold the parts for me and together we can offer a budget resin kit. It's missing the landing hear but I was more interested in the electronics/lights and side rails..

$18 bucks? I...don't like you. I've been trying to track one down at a reasonable price for electronics and a radar dish for weeks now. Getting ANYTHING in Canada blows.

$18 bucks? I...don't like you. I've been trying to track one down at a reasonable price for electronics and a radar dish for weeks now. Getting ANYTHING in Canada blows.

Lol sorry bud but if you see something that is U.S only let me know I'll help ya out. It's missing the dish but has the parts I want. Now just to find someone to cast them so we can offer a cheap,resin alternative for us budget folk.

Lol sorry bud but if you see something that is U.S only let me know I'll help ya out. It's missing the dish but has the parts I want. Now just to find someone to cast them so we can offer a cheap,resin alternative for us budget folk.
I would be interested in an inexpensive set!

Rob...I did not know that. I used the yellow can because it was on an island in the PVC section at HD. But yes it is solid.

Ok here is all the materials I used sans charcoal and a small brush....I think you know what they look like. The far right jar of paint is the leftover custom mix for the hull thus it has no label. I threw out the little bottle of smoke but smoke is just a diluted black. Use what you want or take the decal sheet to the hobby shop and color match with your eye. I searched the internet trying to find definitive answers to what colors were used. One site would say X and the other Y. In the end I jst went with what was correct for me. I liked the Master Replicas feel and tried to replicate their look with a little more detail.

Ill order a light kit and once its installed, do some touch up paint. Im sure ill find some things I want to redo while sitting in my hotel in NYC this week surfing the interweb. So Ill get back to work on her later next week. EDIT: In the spirit of trying to do this on the cheap.....I just bought a set of Legacy falcon electronics including speaker on Ebay for $16. So I guess my little girl will have lights AND sounds.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii203/lear60man/paints_zpse9ee0018.jpg

Do you have a list of everything you used? I'd like to replicate that as much as possible. And where do you find the best source for the paints?

TYVM!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back