1989 Batman

People were already asking that in 1989.

I've always thought they intended for Batman to have dropped him by accident. The shooting & editing just didn't quite convey that clearly. Two reasons:

1. They showed the moment when Bruce realized he was his parents' killer, and it was much later in the movie.

2. If they intended for the chemical vat drop to be intentional then I think they would have made it clearer at the time. The whole movie was not trying to be subtle with its dramatic moments in general. And Bruce was not shown having any moral struggle with himself about the drop later.

I never for one second thought he intentionally dropped him. I mean, why would he? At that time Jack was just another criminal. Batman had no reason, no malice against him. If he did, why would he even attempt to save him?
No, he just lost his grip. If anyone thinks otherwise is just silly.

I never for one second thought he intentionally dropped him. I mean, why would he? At that time Jack was just another criminal. Batman had no reason, no malice against him. If he did, why would he even attempt to save him?
No, he just lost his grip. If anyone thinks otherwise is just silly.

Not to mention the expression in Batman's eyes as he loses grip.

I do like the "I made you? You made me first." line though.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back