Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Hi Gang,

So... I tried watching the DVD release and... after much soul searching it is with deep sadness that I admit defeat. I really did not like TLJ. It had some awesome moments and the effects were even more so. I understand the need to move forward and close chapter. I get it. It doesn't have to be drilled into me anymore. But this movie was so over the top offensive to the original fan base I really can't apologize for it anymore.

If I learned anything from this movie... It's time to kill it and let the past die!

Last edited:
There is nothing in the film or the Leia book featuring Holdo to suggest that, I would take Mrs. Dern with a grain of salt here.

Considering they basically changed everything about the character from the book aside from her hair, I wouldn't take that as any indication. You're of course correct about the movie though.

Hi Gang,

So... after much soul searching it with deep sadness that I admit defeat. I really did not like TLJ. It had some awesome moments and the effects were even more so. I understand the need to move forward and close chapter. I get it. It doesn't have to be drilled into me anymore. But this movie was so over the top offensive to the original fan base I really can't apologize for it anymore.

If I learned anything from this movie... It's time to kill it and let the past die!
I'm with you. Saw a stand at the grocery store last night with Blu-Rays of TLJ and I was like, meh. Never thought I'd ever NOT own a Star Wars movie day 1 when it was released on home video.

I'm with you. Saw a stand at the grocery store last night with Blu-Rays of TLJ and I was like, meh. Never thought I'd ever NOT own a Star Wars movie day 1 when it was released on home video.

Sadly, I bought the DVD/BR combo with the hopes of my mind being changed. I fell asleep about 1/2 hour into it and woke with 15min to go. Tried watching it again last night... turned it off and put it away. First time EVER!

I noticed that also @halliwax. I attributed it to her having to "bulk up" a bit for the fighting scenes in TLJ.

Yeah I am thinking this is it. Her body even looks stronger, legs more muscle-ly

I’m not complaining 1 bit, I just noticed a difference

Glad I’m not the only one

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_5986.GIF

MooCr [INDENT said:

astroboy said:
viewpost-right.png

The most uncomfortable part about that scene is that they don't look like breasts, they looked like testicles

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Oh...Dear......GOD![/INDENT]

iket;4433486]View attachment 805453
Oh...Dear......GOD!

- - - Updated - - -

The new twinkees taste much better than TLJ. At least they make chocolate covered twinkees.

Star Wars by Disney is like Twinkies.. Twinkies used to be delicious golden creme-filled gems. When Hostess went out of business that was the end of twinkies that the world once knew and loved. When some other company brought Hostess back and started making twinkies again they looked the same, tasted close to the same, but they just weren’t approaching their former deliciousness. To those who never had the “real” twinkies, these are all they’ve ever known and perfectly enjoyable with no reference of comparison. The Last Jedi was like buying a box of the nu twinkies knowing full well they weren’t the same but they were tolerable enough to be enjoyed, only to find someone just put turds in wrappers marked Hostess in the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_5986.GIF

viewpost-right.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this in my local Redbox this evening, so I rented it to see what all the fuss is about.

I had so many thoughts while watching it that I wanted to post here, but they're all gone now.
My initial anger has subsided - it morphed into disappointment, but even that is gone now.

I was going to post something to the effect of "Rian Johnson has ruined Star Wars!", but he didn't ruin Star Wars.
George himself did that in 1996 with the special editions, and again in 1999 with "The Phantom Menace".
(And just in case we didn't get the message, he made it loud and clear with 2 subsequent sequels to his retarded prequel.)

There were moments that I really liked, but if you stuck them together they make up maybe 30 seconds of a 150 minute movie, so they're not even worth mentioning.
They're like rainbow sprinkles on a serving of cold turd on a wet paper plate.
(Umm... thanks?)

So, yah - Star Wars is dead.
I knew it in 1999, but I didn't want to believe it.
I hoped that Disney would bring it back to life - which they did, I guess, but only so they could desecrate it's corpse, apparently.

How is it possible that there are legions of Hollywood filmmakers my age, and none of them understand Star Wars?
Am I the only person in the world who understood "Star Wars" and "The Empire Strikes Back"?
Apparently the entire rest of the world sees Star Wars as some sort of incestuous Saturday morning prophesy cartoon... (Thanks, George...)

Anyway - in summary:
Star Wars is dead, **** you George, **** you JJ, **** you Rian, **** you Disney, and **** all of you who buy this bull**** and encourage this garbage.
Hmmm... maybe I am still angry...
/end rant.

Last edited:
Yeah I am thinking this is it. Her body even looks stronger, legs more muscle-ly

I’m not complaining 1 bit, I just noticed a difference

Glad I’m not the only one

Daisy did some serious training for the part, but I don't think it changed her face any. It's more likely the photography style, choice of lenses etc.

You don't change that much from roughly 23-25 years old. And comparing her age/growth to a straight up child is a faulty comparison. Humans have the largest difference in growth during childhood. Also, female actors typically don't hog out between movies. If anything, I'd say she's been training.

If it's just a movie, then no big deal if people choose to criticize it.

ESB equals or outscores several Kubrick movies on RT and Metacritic. Ultimately movie preference is subjective. But there it is.

Then what is it?
yes there is change between early 20's and mid twenties. the bones in her face and body were obviously still growing.
criticism is fine but it's gone beyond that. it's getting like there's multiple neil t's repeating the same old crap over and over....
i made a simple comment concerning kubrick no need to over do it. it's just a movie. if i don't like it, i just move on. it's not a big deal to me is all i was saying. good day.

btw people in their early twenties are still just teenagers in my opinion. like starting junior college is just 13th grade....
she's 2 years older and it shows. no big deal.
it's not the lens choice.

Last edited:
I've still got a day left in my rental so I'm gonna try and watch it again,that said a few things I have to say.

I still think it's stupid,bombastic,like a cheap Saturday morning cartoon turned into a two plus hour film,really I felt this from the start of the movie-WHO was that damn woman on the dreadnought bridge anyway?? She looked like the villain of the week's trusty side kick,it was like I tuned in to wacky racers or something.

I STILL like Kylo one of the better new SW characters.
Same for Poe I could see him becoming very interesting.
Rey's okay a bit overdone as the grand hero but okay.
Finn is the ultimate background character,he's still the goofy ex-storm trooper from the last movie.
Del Toro annoyed me,badly,and I like the guy generally.
Luke was out of character and you could see he gave not a flip about being there,at least Ford was still the old Han we knew....
Rose is dumb,literally comes across as some damn fool who you're not so sure what to do with.
Why's Plasma still around? Literally didn't do anything but show up for a few seconds in both films-if you're gonna focus attention on somebody MAKE THEM DO SOMETHING dammit.
One thing carried over from Rouge One: everybody dies,seems like the whole of the two and half hours was "let's see how many people we can kill off" not in a good way either,just a two and half hour slasher film of sorts.
The movie is still dumb as hell.

yes there is change between early 20's and mid twenties. the bones in her face and body were obviously still growing.
criticism is fine but it's gone beyond that. it's getting like there's multiple neil t's repeating the same old crap over and over....
i made a simple comment concerning kubrick no need to over do it. it's just a movie. if i don't like it, i just move on. it's not a big deal to me is all i was saying. good day.

btw people in their early twenties are still just teenagers in my opinion. like starting junior college is just 13th grade....
she's 2 years older and it shows. no big deal.
it's not the lens choice.

There is no significant change in skull size between a teenager post-wisdom teeth and someone in their early adulthood.

My source is actual medical scientific studies. What is your source?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20489450

Complaints about TLJ are not going to stop anytime soon. Especially now that it's just released on disc and subject to further analysis.

I merely cited some website reviews of ESB vs Kubrick's work. No need to try and pretend I'm over-exaggerating my response.

What you consider a teenager is irrelevant. What is showing is likely a camera or formatting related issue or some form of exercise/weight training. In any case, it is not skull growth. I have scientifically established that.

Why did you show me this? Urgh! I want to punch him in his stupid face. How the F can someone with that attitude to film making get hired to make movies in the biggest, most successful franchise? Kathleen Kennedy has proven to be a very bad judge of talent and ability. The firing and hiring of all the right or wrong people.
It angers me because there are so many Star Wars fans out there who fundamentally understand (SWIQ) and yet LFL seems to be populated by a carnival of c....s.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back