WorldCon mods to my Off-World blaster - BLADE RUNNER

I finally got around to working on a resin weaver knob for this prop. Still considering getting a real metal one down the road, we'll see. Really happy with it for now.

Rich Coyle might have one, he was recently able to provide me with a slotted screw instead of the weaver knob.

Great, thanks for the tip.
NP, wish I had known you were looking for one I would not have thrown my metal one out.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you provide more info about how you got the stippled rust effect?

Also, threadjack: I'm super jelly of your BSG clamshell blaster; is that a Matsuo?

Looks great. I really need to build my Coyle blaster. Definitely like the ammo box. Would you have a printable copy of that?

Here is an original one that doesn't fall afoul of Brandomack's version, I did it up for my display case:

sonic.jpg

Fits a 2x3" toothpick box turned inside out.

I'm super jelly of your BSG clamshell blaster; is that a Matsuo?

That's actually a super rare prototype that was done by Qmx and the BSG armorer Kenny Palkow. Real firearm, real wood grips. To my knowledge only a handful exist. Most in the hands of qmx employees. They never officially released this prop.

As to the paint effect, I used a flat acrylic orange for the rust. Applied thin and minimally.

I think you have a problem....

and it's not how many PKD's you have but rather the lack of space. GORGEOUS!!!!

Hahaha, I know. I need to add a few more Billy shelves for my blasters. The collection is always growing.

One more little update. My 5mm LEDs came in today, so I was able to add the second green LED to cylinder. It's funny how these little details can be so fulfilling.

Photo%20Sep%2028%2012%2007%2023%20AM_zpsoxxq9fvs.jpg

Not to hi-jack this thread, but I was sick yesterday and decided to tear into my Off World blaster. Totally inspired by dmpsk8 to tackle this project, here's my go at a Worldcon mockup. The before, after and in pieces so you can see individual pieces and how they were weathered. Thanks for the inspiration, bud!

Attachments

• IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0590.JPG
    IMG_0590.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    655.4 KB · Views: 153
Not to hi-jack this thread, but I was sick yesterday and decided to tear into my Off World blaster. Totally inspired by dmpsk8 to tackle this project, here's my go at a Worldcon mockup. The before, after and in pieces so you can see individual pieces and how they were weathered. Thanks for the inspiration, bud!

Night and day improvement, looks great!

What kind of paint did you use to match the cocking lever to the receiver so well? I just stripped mine! Also I definitely snapped that thin area on my receiver, ugh. dmpsk8

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back