Captain America (Here we go again!) - Age of Ultron WIP (Pic Heavy)

Ahhh - Someone get in it!!!!!!! Me wanna see this awesomeness in action!!! :D

Patience-yoda.jpg

Joining the large group of folks lauding your praises, you and this build are an inspiration! So much so, that here's what I did today. Hope you don't mind-your work is amazing!IMG_2024.JPG

Awesome, thanks! Nice work on your suit - keep us posted or post a link if you open a thread so we can follow your progress. Cheers!

Glad you're pleased, I feel like I'm letting my lab partner do all the work, and I get the passing grade! Here's the link to my build, but honestly-I am pretty-much following what you are doing, because your build is just sooooo detailed! Thanks again for the inspiration, just gotta finish this by Friday!http://www.therpf.com/f78/captain-america-age-ultron-build-238095/

Glad you're pleased, I feel like I'm letting my lab partner do all the work, and I get the passing grade! Here's the link to my build, but honestly-I am pretty-much following what you are doing, because your build is just sooooo detailed! Thanks again for the inspiration, just gotta finish this by Friday!http://www.therpf.com/f78/captain-america-age-ultron-build-238095/

Looking great so far - good luck on getting it together for the premiere!

Awesome write up on the gaunts, going to go back and read the whole thread now. I recently found the foam cave too and bought their Cap Avengers templates for a client. Was going to use craft foam as the internal bits but now I might pick up some headliner. Great build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome write up on the gaunts, going to go back and read the whole thread now. I recently found the foam cave too and bought their Cap Avengers templates for a client. Was going to use craft foam as the internal bits but now I might pick up some headliner. Great build!

Thanks! Yeah, the Foam Cave is a great resource, I love their templates. I'm going to use their AoU belt template for this project. I'll post on that as it develops. Cheers!

I can't get my jaw up off my desk! Couldn't hit that "Subscribe" button fast enough!

I do have a question though: how would one clean a garment such as this? We all know how long, warm, and likely sweaty, the typical day in these costumes can be. Is ti just a matter of carefully washing it by hand? I can't imagine a go in the washing machine, even on the cold gentle cycle, would be very good for it. And there's no way I would trust something like this at the dry cleaners. Any tips?

I can't get my jaw up off my desk! Couldn't hit that "Subscribe" button fast enough!

I do have a question though: how would one clean a garment such as this? We all know how long, warm, and likely sweaty, the typical day in these costumes can be. Is ti just a matter of carefully washing it by hand? I can't imagine a go in the washing machine, even on the cold gentle cycle, would be very good for it. And there's no way I would trust something like this at the dry cleaners. Any tips?

Thanks! :)

The best way to clean something like this is to turn it inside out and spray it with vodka. Seriously. Just take cheap vodka in a spray bottle and wet it liberally on the inside and hang it to air dry. The vodka will disinfect and deodorize the garment and dissipates away leaving no residue at all. It's a trick I learned years ago working in the opera.

For stains, the best thing to do is spot clean with cold water and mild detergent on a soft cloth, then let it dry. Your are correct about dry cleaning - nothing with any sort of vinyl or faux leather should be dry cleaned. The chemicals will turn the vinyl to cardboard.

Same rules apply for the stealth suit?

To be safe, yes for the top. The pants will be only Cordura and spandex with a little bit of craft foam detailing, so you can hand wash those in cold and hang them to dry. The top, however, has the silver vinyl and a lot of foam.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back