My Tron Legacy Costume Attempt

Update: :cool

aTronHex2.jpg

That would make great carpet for my office!

:D

What kind of reflective tape are you gonna be using? I know prismatic tape is brighter than the engineer grade reflective tape (I think that is the glass microbeads). And of the prismatic tapes, SOLAS tape is supposed to be the brightest of all of them yet it is not supposed to reflect at as wide an angle. I have ordered some SOLAS and I'm still waiting for it to be shipped. I'll let you know how well it works in an application like this when I get it

i want to play with a few kind till i get it just the way i want

tell me how yours works out kay

To All at building a TRON Legacy Suit.
I've read several interviews about the suits. so here are some facts that may help.
But first let's look at the original trailer. we really don't get to see the suits until the end.
Remember this was done on a small budget. When he steps off the lightcyle he has some nice boots. These Are PUMA boots for motorcycle riders. They are about 300.00 dollars for the most elaborate and the least expensive are about 150.00. They make tall and about mid high boots. So check out for the Puma boots online at some motorcycle websites. The PUMA stores don't carry them. Some of the colors will match your character even CLU.
The Suit is all NeoPrene with a hexagon pattern. To do this right get a grey neoprene diving suit. As for the Hex pattern use a sport hexagon mesh in black. You can Layer it Or Glue it. second layer is the wires & electronics. We'll save this for later!
3rd Is the Armor. I looked at some motor cycle armor but it can get expensive. It looks like bicycle armour for motor cross or a goal keeper in soccer.( no hockey Guys).The Guys at the SDCC look like they were using motor cycle armor. Or it could be Football armour!
Now the lighting. In the original trailer it look like 3m tape that was later animated in post. For the Armour to get to light up, Dont use LED Stripes. You'll look like a christmas tree. the blue LEDS look royal blue. The color we are looking for is aqua or white, unless you are doing Clu or RINZLER. By the way on the TRON LEGACY website UD replicas is going to do a RINZLER's outfit. I have yet to go to a few stores to checking on some items. For those that want a batton check out HID Kit - Headlight Mods they do some auto lighting but they specialize in LEDs and Strips. They can be very helpful! But you may not want to look like an AUDI headlight! By the way the PUMA shoe are comfortable. As for the girls go to ZAPPOS.com to find boots or shoes with wedges. If you want a euro look go to www.clarksusa.com and check out their boots. Now lets open the disscussion on how do we wire this armour?

Last edited:
1st attempt and some Tron Gloves:

TronGloves.jpg

Still need to add some detail to the backs of the gloves. I may go with a different design all together.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back