"V" Props - The New Series

Holy cow (or horse) you're on top of this!

The chairs are Mid Century which is something my wife and I collect. We can't afford chairs like this but I'm familiar with them.

I also used to hang out with bull riders and horse folks. I guess when you see a needle that big it stays in your brain. :lol

Brian

As a V fan since the original mini-series aired, I have to say this show is NOT V. The entire point of Ken Johnson's creation is lost here. Yeah it has the same title, big deal, its horrible and will hopefully go the way of Bionic Woman, Knight Rider, etc etc. If ABC wanted to make a show about aliens coming to earth, they should have done that, but not passed it off as "V". Terrible.

I agree! They could of called it anything! Alien Nation maybe? Or maybe The love boat in space! :lol

thermal:lol

i like how they're using the symbol from the original series as the template for an entire written language. Nice nod to the original with more thought to it. Wonder how long it will be before a lexicon is available online somewhere.

i like how they're using the symbol from the original series as the template for an entire written language. Nice nod to the original with more thought to it. Wonder how long it will be before a lexicon is available online somewhere.

They had the entire language on the first one too. There's been a font available for a long time. Not sure if it's the exact same thing (haven't tried to decipher the signs yet) but it looks the same.

Just found out that my buddy worked on the real n-Dex that they used last night to look up the folks on the FBI database. Kinda cool.

Just found out that my buddy worked on the real n-Dex that they used last night to look up the folks on the FBI database. Kinda cool.

That's so funny! My wife and I just watched last night's episode literally 10 minutes ago and during that scene when they were looking people up she asked, "Do you think they outsource to have people design those computer interfaces and stuff?" I said, "Yeah, I'm sure it's part of the production cost..." She said, "It'd be fun to work on."

So tell your buddy he has a fan in my wife! :cool

That's so funny! My wife and I just watched last night's episode literally 10 minutes ago and during that scene when they were looking people up she asked, "Do you think they outsource to have people design those computer interfaces and stuff?" I said, "Yeah, I'm sure it's part of the production cost..." She said, "It'd be fun to work on."

So tell your buddy he has a fan in my wife! :cool

I only got a text and won't see him until Friday, but it will be interesting to know how much his "real" one is like the one we saw on the show.

Here's a link to the real deal on the FBI site. http://www.fbi.gov/page2/april08/ndex_042108.html

I couldn't get into the show and after a few episodes I gave up.

Do they even have guns in the new series?
Are they even close to being as awesome as the pistol from the original series?

ETA: I found this after I asked...

V-TV-Series-2009-prop-weapons.jpg

Lame!!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back