FYI- Bandai is selling deathstar panels

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Dont know if this has been posted already/

8ff07c7694210c021bc81bfd3e67a05f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two odd things to note on the label, Not for sale and ages 15 and up. Not for sale could be because it's an early product sample. But 15 and up really? A 14 year old is too young for small parts?

Two odd things to note on the label, Not for sale and ages 15 and up. Not for sale could be because it's an early product sample. But 15 and up really? A 14 year old is too young for small parts?

The "not for sale" could mean they are meant to be distributed as replacement parts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are listed here, but it states "This item is not for SALE, This is free gift for purchase of Star Wars kit"

No mention of how many, or which ones you need to buy

They are here as well, but just listed as out of stock
https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/bandai-death-star-base-kit-tiles-for-1-72-scale

So it is looking like they are intended only for some kind of bonus or promotional use

Last edited by a moderator:
The Left Sprue Picture on the packet shows 2 Bases but only one vertical stand. The idea of including the vertical stand part with these bases seems odd to me, if you have the model to go on top youd allready have the vertical stand.

Id like to see 12 or 18 packs of bases only :thumbsup

If you had the model you'd also have the base. It looks like these are made from the various kit sprues, so they may include other parts from whichever kit they came from.

These were gift with purchase items from last year if I remember correctly. Some places were giving them away for free in Asia, but weren't available online (at least the stores that had the promotion excluded international sales). Does anyone know anywhere else we can get them from? The other option would to by the 1/72 kits that they're from (Tie Advanced, Tie Fighter, Y-Wing and Tie Interceptor), but that's kinda costly :p

I think these were done as a promotion/freebie of some kind so finding a regular/reliable supply of them sounds difficult. All the bases come with plugs for the stands so the inclusion of the stands is irrelevant; just part of the sprues. But I haven't heard anything about Bandai offering these as regular purchases at this stage--at least we know it's a possibility.

I received email notification today that these are back in stock (usagundam link from an earlier post). If they are out at the time you see this, just sign up for an email restock notification.

Im currently printing all ten tiles with some that I will reverse in Cura to give me even more. doing a death star run diorama.... I may mold them if to save time as I need a lot.

Last edited:
Im currently printing all ten tiles with some that I will reverse in Cura to give me even more. doing a death star run diorama.... I may mold them if to save time as I need a lot.

I'd be interested in those modified files if you are allowed to share. Hoping to do one in the future

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back