Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

@nkg....no this bit

Looks like dents / blast marks

View attachment 751612View attachment 751611

....just painted on the Bandai

View attachment 751613

J
In all honesty, those always looked painted on to me.

The other big one is the scrape on the underside of the starboard docking ring. I don't see that anywhere.

Personally, I would rather do most of these myself. Mind you, I couldn't do nearly as good a job on those blast marks by the radar dish. They nailed those.

I don't know, the way the low angled light is hitting those underside blast marks sure makes them look like they are actually dented in. Looks like there is a shadow side and a side that the light is picking up which leads me to believe they are more than painted.

In all honesty, those always looked painted on to me.

The other big one is the scrape on the underside of the starboard docking ring. I don't see that anywhere.

Personally, I would rather do most of these myself. Mind you, I couldn't do nearly as good a job on those blast marks by the radar dish. They nailed those.

Yep that big blast on the docking ring is painted on

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 17.41.11.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-14 at 17.40.58.png

A nice thing I noticed, which you don't often see, is the painting of this display model....the streaking on the panther grilles streak straight back (as well as following the curvature....bit of both):

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 17.54.39.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-14 at 17.44.38.png

J

Hm. Looks like there are quite a few bits of damage that might not be replicated.

I'm surprised about the apparent absence of the big hole at the bottom of the starboard docking ring, though. Especially given the noise they've made about how they've reproduced all the damage perfectly. The docking ring hole is really prominent.

DSC_2655.jpgBottom Left 01.jpg

Yep, be careful fellow Euro guys.....don't jump in & buy from America,.....heavy import duty.....wait till Japan sellers appear on our Amazon sites.....it will be a lot less expensive

(I hope)

J

View attachment 751636View attachment 751637

A nice thing I noticed, which you don't often see, is the painting of this display model....the streaking on the panther grilles streak straight back (as well as following the curvature....bit of both):

View attachment 751638View attachment 751639

J

FWIW: The damage to the bottom of the starboard docking ring doesn't look completely painted on in the photo you posted earlier (attached here for reference).

View attachment 5-footer Falcon Bottom View (Crackerjazz Crayola) Ps'd.jpg

View attachment 751636View attachment 751637

View attachment 751638View attachment 751639

J

FWIW: The damage to the bottom of the starboard docking ring doesn't look completely painted on in the photo you posted earlier (attached here for reference).

View attachment 751778

Added:

View attachment 751779

Hm. Looks like there are quite a few bits of damage that might not be replicated.

I'm surprised about the apparent absence of the big hole at the bottom of the starboard docking ring, though. Especially given the noise they've made about how they've reproduced all the damage perfectly. The docking ring hole is really prominent.

View attachment 751729View attachment 751730
Typical B*ndai... This is shameful, insulting, pathetic... I could go on and on. It's simply baffling how they kept banging on about "perfection" in their model then fail to replicate such prominent details. No surpirse as they're one of the most hated companies in the globe.

It's nothing short of hilarious seeing B*ndai's paid shill flailing its arms doing damage control earlier on, but we know better.

The verdict? Nothing but noise and the fallout from this is becoming quite immense as the fans tear this kit apart, they should wake up and smell the coffee.

Last edited:

For those of you who ordered through the Gundam store I received this reply today:

HI Mike,

Sorry We get our shipment in October. The original time frame was In Summer but Bandai pushed back the US release date to October.

Adam Ryan
USA Gundam Inc.
www.USAGundamStore.com
USAGundam@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

View attachment 751729View attachment 751730

Many of the inconsistencies are explained by the infamously deleted scene where Han and Chewie are repairing the Falcon while complaining about the lack of a decent body shop on Tatooine and the Rebel Alliance's low stock of Bondo/P38 filler.

Many of the inconsistencies are explained by the infamously deleted scene where Han and Chewie are repairing the Falcon while complaining about the lack of a decent body shop on Tatooine and the Rebel Alliance's low stock of Bondo/P38 filler.
Rebel Alliance sponspored by B*ndai? ;)

nkg has done a great job tearing this kit apart, B*ndai should take notes, they're in for a rude awakening.

B*ndai kept thumping its chest over the "perfect" Falcon yet it took a handful of humble yet dedicated fans to bring them down.

Last edited:

nkg has done a great job tearing this kit apart, B*ndai should take notes, they're in for a rude awakening.

B*ndai kept thumping its chest over the "perfect" Falcon yet it took a handful of humble yet dedicated fans to bring them down.

I don't know if you're just being sarcastic or if you've been sniffing too much glue, but no one has been tearing this kit apart. Bandai seems to have made a nearly flawless Falcon and we've all been giving them much deserved praise.

I don't it that way. Constructive conversation on the most detailed Falcon kit we will probably ever see made.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back