Blade Runner 2049, old and new blasters!

The full VK took in breath (hence the bellows) and other indicators, this looks like a "pocket breathalyzer" version. "Hey, wanna see a video of a real, live sheep I have for sale? Look into this viewer for a second…."

Yeah, but wouldn't an android be more interested in an electric sheep? ;)

I know that to imagine the future, one has to look into the past...but not a lot of props seems to abide by that saying:confused Looks awfully "now" for my taste. How tech will look like in just 10 years? Difficult to say. 2049?..even more difficult to visualize.

Ive been gazing at the new blaster for a while now. Its an acquired taste for sure. Anyone got any more details on this.
and why does this image have an added part which threw me off a bit.

Attachments

• smith and wesson 49 blaster.jpg
    smith and wesson 49 blaster.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 407
  • revolver-smithwesson-327-trr8-45mm-black.jpg
    revolver-smithwesson-327-trr8-45mm-black.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
each time I look at the new blaster I tend to like it a little more...:unsure its growing on me.

I do hope someone does one with the revolver cylinder, that looks extra cool.

I'm beginning to think that this one (below) is the girl's blaster.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2017-07-23-16h50m42s752.jpg
    vlcsnap-2017-07-23-16h50m42s752.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 169
  • vlcsnap-2017-07-23-16h51m28s389.jpg
    vlcsnap-2017-07-23-16h51m28s389.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 167
I have a little story to tell and I guess that thread is kind of fine for that.
So, you have to know that I live in Belgium and we don't own guns here, so, we aren't really use to them.
Tonight a friend of us came by to pick up our cats to keep them during our holidays, she is a cop, we went to another room to prep the cats and when we came back, she was playing with my blaster that was sitting on my desk, we automatically said "it's not a real one", and she replied smiling, "I know", shaking the thing that was making a gling gling noise...

My blaster is the kit one and I just assembled it roughly to see if everything was fitting, I didn't attach some of the screws and all but I'm not sure the gling gling noise will go away...
well, that was both funny and a bit disappointing at the same time.
Now I feel even more motivated to finish it, change the barrel and make it look as real as possible to show her when she comes back!

cheers guys :)

I have a little story to tell and I guess that thread is kind of fine for that.
So, you have to know that I live in Belgium and we don't own guns here, so, we aren't really use to them.
Tonight a friend of us came by to pick up our cats to keep them during our holidays, she is a cop, we went to another room to prep the cats and when we came back, she was playing with my blaster that was sitting on my desk, we automatically said "it's not a real one", and she replied smiling, "I know", shaking the thing that was making a gling gling noise...

My blaster is the kit one and I just assembled it roughly to see if everything was fitting, I didn't attach some of the screws and all but I'm not sure the gling gling noise will go away...
well, that was both funny and a bit disappointing at the same time.
Now I feel even more motivated to finish it, change the barrel and make it look as real as possible to show her when she comes back!

cheers guys :)

If you haven't attached all the screws then it's obviously going to rattle? :facepalm

They all have a purpose lol. Mines the kit one and doesn't rattle at all. The receiver bolt doesn't even pop open :D

Came across a link to this rendering of K's blaster on Instagram.

Looks cool with the police style grips, imo. Original post on Reddit here. Artist's website here.

Ha, this is mine. It was a rough guess based on the limited photo refs available before the blaster was properly unveiled at SDCC. I had no reference at all for the rear part of the trigger area or grip so I just kinda based it on Deckard's blaster grip.

Ha, this is mine. It was a rough guess based on the limited photo refs available before the blaster was properly unveiled at SDCC. I had no reference at all for the rear part of the trigger area or grip so I just kinda based it on Deckard's blaster grip.

Lol, well look at that. You nailed it for not having very much reference to go off of. Honestly keeping the grips the same style would have maybe tied them back to the original blasters in a way that made them easier to accept. I think Luv's in particular would look great with some acrylic grips. Just spent a hot minute on your website btw, and it's full of awesome stuff. :cheers

Lol, well look at that. You nailed it for not having very much reference to go off of. Honestly keeping the grips the same style would have maybe tied them back to the original blasters in a way that made them easier to accept. I think Luv's in particular would look great with some acrylic grips. Just spent a hot minute on your website btw, and it's full of awesome stuff. :cheers

Thanks. My website is is very old. The best place to see my work is over on my Facebook Page. Lots of Blade Runner related stuff on there including scratch-built models etc.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CandykillerNews/photos/

This little gem arrived at my studio courtesy of Shinji Tomenosuke Nakako a couple of weeks back and I've been working on it and enjoying it immensely.

I am ultimately looking for a blaster that is more in keeping with the Tomenosuke used in 2049 - since this is that Tomenosuke variant anyway. From what I have seen the movie blaster is based on the look of the Worldcon but the top weathering is different so, I've have opted for an interim finish that has less weathering than my Worldcon build and I'll finish it properly when I have more reference of the screen used hero.

Thank you for looking.
Regards,

MARK

Raats_Tomen01.jpg

Raats_Tomen02.jpg

each time I look at the new blaster I tend to like it a little more...:unsure its growing on me.

I do hope someone does one with the revolver cylinder, that looks extra cool.

Yeah I like it a bit more than I did at first glance, but ultimately that "hair dryer" barrel just kills it for me. I wish they wouldve gone in a different design direction on it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back