Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Roy, thanks for sharing this great photo!!!

I can totally see the brown/bronze/gold now!!
aca79e4df0bc3e362bd74b37886d8407.jpg

Have we confirmed the mystery screw hole on the emitter side

i have been told by someone who's handled the prop it isn't a screw and is a chunk of metal jammed into the hole

totally wrong answer for the question LOL, BUT yes, the same guy who's handled it told me there is a hole under the emitter.

i like to call it the famous papa Japan Hole

i have been told by someone who's handled the prop it isn't a screw and is a chunk of metal jammed into the hole

totally wrong answer for the question LOL, BUT yes, the same guy who's handled it told me there is a hole under the emitter.

i like to call it the famous papa Japan Hole
I don't want to post the photo because it belongs to Chaïm, however this being the same emitter as the hero, the mystery hole looks to be in the spot.

See my post above this one... I answered those questions already.

Those aren't the words I'd use to describe him. :) Then again, I don't know him personally, so I avoid saying much about it at all.

I think it would be interesting to put SH's and AS's replicas next to the real deal - I feel there would be a lot of surprises. I have the SH replica, and I don't think it's especially accurate compared to AS's 2nd run, but a great effort based on the reference material at the time.

Going back a little bit in the thread, here's a potential little exercise... How many layers (winds) of gaffer's tape do people think are currently on the neck of the saber?

Last edited:
I don't want to post the photo because it belongs to Chaïm, however this being the same emitter as the hero, the mystery hole looks to be in the spot.

see im not very good with the V3.. i dont recall seeing a hole in the same location as the Japan hole on the V2. i know there was a hole near the pommel cubes on the V3, and i thought there was a hole on the V3's emitter but further down, on the taller part of the emitter closer to the neck actually

again i have many grey areas with the V3

the WHOLE top moves together. Those parts aren't separate, or rather... cannot be separated.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no GOLD, but it's not just black

- - - Updated - - -

Nope... it's gaffer tape. 100%

Correct. the 2nd screw IS there...

just to recap

- - - Updated - - -

I know this girl who will do that, but she charges a lot

i actually laughed out loud lol

All pictures I have posted sofar are free to be used whenever appropriate because most of them are just collected from the interwebs by me ... even those photographs of details and usually accompanied by my name and © credited as my own are still available to all of being re-used as well :)

Chaïm

Here is my hero based off Chaim's photos.

Notice the hole is in the same area as the one in question.
attachment-21.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

All pictures I have posted sofar are free to be used whenever appropriate because most of them are just collected from the interwebs by me ... even those photographs of details and usually accompanied by my name and © credited as my own are still available to all of being re-used as well :)

Chaïm
Do you agree the hole looks to be in the same spot?

It could just be the angle/quality of the photo, but I had always heard the top of the emitter was a steel washer and the emitter is hollow as it was milled out to add bearings. The washer on top of the hollow emitter head is why you don't see that outer-most flange on the wooden master buck or the metal copies from that mold.

This is why people think there is a recessed inner area on the face of the emitter. The entire face (the washer) was painted black for ANH but the washer is ever so slightly concave and the paint has worn away due to blade strikes in a circular pattern giving the illusion of a recess when it's really just slightly concave.

No idea if this is true, just something I heard many years ago.

27506298927936-vi.png

Here is my hero based off Chaim's photos.

Notice the hole is in the same area as the one in question.
View attachment 698730

- - - Updated - - -

Do you agree the hole looks to be in the same spot?

i think the hole needs to be on the other side of the nipple screws

emitter%20set%20screw%202.png

emitter%20set%20screw%205.png

now seeing another saber has the same idea of the screws... this must be something common with the construction of them both

It could just be the angle/quality of the photo, but I had always heard the top of the emitter was a steel washer and the emitter is hollow as it was milled out to add bearings. The washer on top of the hollow emitter head is why you don't see that outer-most flange on the wooden master buck or the metal copies from that mold.

This is why people think there is a recessed inner area on the face of the emitter. The entire face (the washer) was painted black for ANH but the washer is ever so slightly concave and the paint has worn away due to blade strikes in a circular pattern giving the illusion of a recess when it's really just slightly concave.

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rttfkbbs...tgdrkk/9/976173/4001324/27506298927936-vi.png

so basically its like the Solo's holds V2 with the interchangeable tops? (in this case the top is the washer?) the emitter is hollow for the LED's

image_zpsspdpn6vt.png

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,rttfkbbs...tgdrkk/9/976173/4001324/27506298927936-vi.png

So all the warping and dents would be in the washer or top of the emitter. This makes sense but would be hard to replicate being a solid emitter.

- - - Updated - - -

So all the warping and dents would be in the washer or top of the emitter. This makes sense but would be hard to replicate being a solid emitter.

To add to this, it definitely looks is if the top of the chunk isn't the same diameter as the square, meaning it has been filed down or pushed farther in, if the theory is correct of just being a plug

To add to this, it definitely looks is if the top of the chunk isn't the same diameter as the square, meaning it has been filed down or pushed farther in, if the theory is correct of just being a plug
Do you mean that the width of the rectangle tapers down as the chunk goes into the hole?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back