Your Top 5 all time favourite Sci Fi`s

Terminator
The Last Starfighter
Firefly
The Day The Earth Stood Still (the original, not that crapsack remake)
War of the Worlds (the original, not that crapsack remake)

Great to see some Rockatansky love. I drive through the spot where Johnny the boy buys it at least twice a week, hasn`t changed much over the years apart from a new bridge.

A MM locations tour is on my bucketlist. Some members on the MMM forum have done it and took plenty of pictures. It was interesting to see how much or little in some cases that locations changed over the years.

A MM locations tour is on my bucketlist. Some members on the MMM forum have done it and took plenty of pictures. It was interesting to see how much or little in some cases that locations changed over the years.

I helped out a group of Japanese fans who did that tour a couple of years ago. Joined in for some of it as well. They were a great bunch of guys.

Top 10 for me:

1. SW: Empire Strikes Back
2. STII Wrath of Khan
3. Alien
4. Terminator
5. SW: ANH
6. Battlestar Galactica
7. 2001
8. The Road Warrior
9. Predator
10.Forbidden Planet

You can probably guess what my age is by looking at the list.

Jurassic Park (Franchise)
The Terminator (franchise)
Alien (Franchise)
New PotA
E.T.

I didn't include Star Wars because technically those movies are fantasy, not science fiction.

Considering how worked up I can get at the location of a personal favorite film on any one of the various "Top 100 Sci-fi Movies Ever" lists, narrowing the list down to five is quite difficult given there are no other parameters. However, my attempt has yielded these five movies: (TV not included.)

1. Logan's Run
2. Blade Runner
3. Things to Come
4. Frau Im Mond
5. The Man who Fell to Earth

Really this exercise just makes me want to make a bigger list!

1. Blade Runner
2. Aliens
3. 2001
4. Wrath of Khan
5. The Monsters are Due on Maple Street (Twilight Zone episode)

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Bladerunner
3. Brazil
4. City of Lost Children
5. Close Encounters of the Third Kind

A top-5 is pretty much impossible.
I still need Alien and Aliens on my list, Metropolis, Star Wars, 2001, Starship Troopers, Akira, The Wrath of Khan...
Probably dozens more I can't even think of right now. I'm surprised I remembered City of Lost Children...

The more I think about it, whatever #6 is would be a VERY distant sixth.

1. ANH
2. Alien
3. TESB
4. Outland
5. Blade Runner

In no particular order...

Star Wars
Battlestar Galactica (both)
Stargate/SG-1
The Expanse (both books and show)
The Pern novels (they actually nicely straddle the line between sci-fi and fantasy)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back