Episode VIII Stormtrooper helmet - new detail?

RockitScience

Hi all,

Apologies this isn't posted on the first thread about EpVIII helmets, I couldn't find that thread.
The Battlefront II game reveal from SWCO this weekend has brought images of the First Order Stormtroopers in the game and one of them appears to show a classic grey mouth grill has made a comeback. Perhaps this is a new detail on Ep VII helmets? Since EA takes great care to scan and replicate props meticulously before putting them into Battlefront, I think it is unlikely to be a mistake.
What do we think?

sw-battlefront2-classes (2).jpgsw-battlefront2-classes.jpg

Hmm, that's pretty odd. I know a few months back we got a teaser picture of Last Jedi stormtroopers and there didn't appear to be teeth on the helmets.
Maybe it's there own twist, as in, from the trailer, it seems like the story line is taking place after the battle of Endor, perhaps this is an early, "evolution" of the helmet, when what was left of the galactic empire was transforming into the first order.

During the panel they said the game is now Canon and was filling the 30 year gap between the battle of Endor and TFA. I think this is just an early version of the First Order StormTrooper helmet that was produced just for the game, just like there is subtle differences between ANH & ESB StormTrooper helmets, this is a difference in the newer First Order helmets :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euh, there is no difference between the ANH and the ESB stormtrooper helmets... The ANH stunts and one hero where reused in ESB (eventhough there was a Version 2 in ESB).
You mean ANH & RotJ stormtrooper helmets.

By the way, I like the mouth grill on the Battlefront helmets, makes them a little less ugly to me.

By the way, I like the mouth grill on the Battlefront helmets, makes them a little less ugly to me.

I do too. I like FO trooper helmets as they are, but I think this look ties them in much better as opposed to how we're used to seeing them. Plus OT stormies are my favorite characters, so I enjoy them giving more of that feel to FO troops.

Hmm, that's pretty odd. I know a few months back we got a teaser picture of Last Jedi stormtroopers and there didn't appear to be teeth on the helmets.
Maybe it's there own twist, as in, from the trailer, it seems like the story line is taking place after the battle of Endor, perhaps this is an early, "evolution" of the helmet, when what was left of the galactic empire was transforming into the first order.

I don't remember if that teaser picture was clear enough to see them or not, perhaps the black and white might have hidden the detail - but this helmet with the grill doesn't look as angular as the Ep VII helmets looked in that tease, so I like the theory of it being an early design.

Doesn't make sense to me as a transitional helmet. The Clone Trooper/Stormtrooper frown had already gone from gray to black by ROTJ, before this helmet design was introduced. Seems a little clunky to intimate that they went back to gray fir an early version of this bucket, and then back to black again...

--JOnah

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back