Amazing Stories reboot

I always felt this series was a huge let down, and was subpar even compared to the Twilight Zone Series remake. With the exception of "Mummy Daddy", I can't recall another episode that was worth remembering.

Meh.

I just remember it having some really good music from from great film composers and had some high profile directors. Other than that it was pretty forgettable.

The only ones I remember are the B17, the ghost train, and that it gave us Family Dog for a short time. We were more into the 1980s Twilight Zone revival, i remember way more episodes of those. I'm not sure modern tv is a good place for shows like this as they'll have to dumb things down and pander to get anyone under 35 to watch.

Not for me, i am content to not see a reboot of this, nor any reboot...but I see your point.

If they're going to reboot a property, I'd rather it be something like this, that maybe didn't live up to its potential and doesn't reside in a fond place for most people. I bet most don't even remember it. I remember watching it on Sunday nights, but I doubt I could recall any specific episode. Plus its an anthology series. There's no reason you cant keep telling new stories. Its not like they would be "ruining" any beloved characters or anything.

The real problem is finding folks who are good at writing anthologies and not the usual style of episodic shows. They seem to be very different talents.

Even though I'm pretty sure I watched a number of episodes the only one I remember is the one with the B-17 which I thought was great.

He's one of the funniest stand-up comics alive!

considering peoples sense of humor these days, thats probably not saying much.

the only episode of this show i remember is 'ghost train' and i SWEAR there was one about a plane crash too. i remember someone walking th rough a living room and seeing ghost bodies and wreckage strewn about.. but that could have been ghost train too..unless they copied themselves.

"Mummy Daddy" is the best thing to ever happen to television.
"The Mission" left a HUGE impression on me as a kid.
And "Hell Toupee" was hilarious.

Last edited:
what about Mark Hamill as the old toy collector.

The aliens that watched I love Lucy episodes.

The kid from Fright Night who found out his parents and him were aliens and had to move.

The one that caused TV shows to coem to life with Knight Rider and Dirk Benedict.

The kid who left the Alamo to modern day.

The one where a guy made this formula to bring magazine covers to life which include an old Fangoria magazine.

The one where Christopher Lloyd's head is removed cause he's a bad teacher.

Those along with the ones mentioned above stand out in my memory.

what about Mark Hamill as the old toy collector.

The aliens that watched I love Lucy episodes.

The kid from Fright Night who found out his parents and him were aliens and had to move.

The one that caused TV shows to coem to life with Knight Rider and Dirk Benedict.

The kid who left the Alamo to modern day.

The one where a guy made this formula to bring magazine covers to life which include an old Fangoria magazine.

The one where Christopher Lloyd's head is removed cause he's a bad teacher.

Those along with the ones mentioned above stand out in my memory.

Yes. There were a bunch of great episodes of this show. You guys are crazy.

Also, the one where the kid becomes magnetic and gets stuck to all the lockers. I used to love that. Oh, and the one where the horror novelist freaks out and is terrorized by reflections of a monster.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back