Narcissus Builders Club N Stuff.

WIP pics of the decals going on. Not all are on and this is very much the 'test' version. :)
Several problems are present, mostly that few pictures of the miniature exist after painting. The best ones of the underside are from the BluRay.
It also appears to have changed a couple of times during filming that create inconsistencies.
There's also some decal that were certainly added after it was weathered!

Still, it's starting to look like a spaceship now :)

11303556_10153473006908530_1409701459_n (1).jpg11355409_10153472701943530_173451714_n.jpg11428552_10153472702198530_1457142867_n.jpg

Ok guys.... A bit of help from the studio scale fraternity if I may. I need two parts to complete the interior. Thought I had one but can't find it. Anyhow... I need these two Triangle parts at the bottom. I thought rudders from one of the boats used but apparently not. Next is the squarish plate with the 3 yellow lines and the black square raised bit. Any help would be much appreciated. Share it around.... It's almost rubber time.image.jpg

WIP pics of the decals going on. Not all are on and this is very much the 'test' version. :)
Several problems are present, mostly that few pictures of the miniature exist after painting. The best ones of the underside are from the BluRay.
It also appears to have changed a couple of times during filming that create inconsistencies.
There's also some decal that were certainly added after it was weathered!

Still, it's starting to look like a spaceship now :)

View attachment 489637View attachment 489638View attachment 489639
here are pictures from Martin bowers site, one of the original model maker on alien, here is accompanying text. "A close-up of the final model showing the "Joltin' Jossie" transfer from the Airfix "Superfortress " aircraft kit that was converted to say "Miss Piggy" the nic-name we gave to the model because of its snout-like nose!"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 177
Glad to read that! The more pictures the merrier! I will buy the kit when ready!

Good stuff. The cockpit is almost ready for casting. Just tidying up a few loose ends. It is accurate to the original where we can see it. Unfortunately with only a few shots of the original interior available there are some Kitparts we just can't see. The good news is that when she is all sealed up you can't see them anyway. So everything you can see throught the cockpit glass from outside is as you would on the original. The other spaces have been left blank so you can either GREEBLIE it up, or I will send out the other pieces of they ever show up.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Guys , sorry for the lack of replies etc. long story. Anyhow we'll start a proper run thread when we are ready. It will be around $1500 plus shipping. Not confirmed as yet but work around that price. Metal armature, acrylic body, styrene panels and resin Kitparts. We are 98% to the original filming miniature. The other 2% we just can't see. Al you still got the Molds for that li'l Betty?:D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back