Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

This is how it looked when I got it
4eee64deaa5feec260bf2fa0073245d0.jpg
a4d7a457c9cb42cd15c2531b77166fa0.jpg

As you can see there is no way it’s supposed to be like that. Those scuff marks are from me trying to be clever filing away and slipping:(. I am planning to blue it anyway but none the less.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Hm...the problem is that the Bolt lever gets stuck half way up in the slit, can’t push it to a position where I can slide the Bolt back, like I said, they didn’t clean it up properly. In order to get it in the position were I can slide it back I have to file away material https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180315/de72f6a0dedd0c31bf0b819494029e86.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180315/1845f589299938630156972827536857.jpg
As you can see it won’t go any further as the slit is blocking the Lever...or am I doing something completely wrong?
Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Your pics are a little confusing angle wise CAPTAINCOX.

Note the change of angle a few millimetres above the bolt lever
20180217_141650_LI (2) 1.jpg 20180217_141650_LI 1.jpg

The angle between the arrows is parallel allowing the bolt lever to travel smoothly thus pulling the bolt backwards. if yours does not have this parallel angle that would explain the issue, if not however you should in the first instance disassemble and reassemble the bolt action to trackback the problem.

20180217_141650_LI (2) 1.jpg

20180217_141650_LI 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all. My first post and necessary because I took delivery of a 2049 from HCG this week and this thread illustrated the grip problem that I'd missed!

BD_1.jpgBD_2.jpg

This is very annoying of course.

I have another major issue; I can't get the chamber to open. It spins when I pull the rear trigger but refuses to open no matter how much force I apply.
Am I missing something important? There's not a hidden catch that I have to move is there? This is driving me crazy.

Hello all. My first post and necessary because I took delivery of a 2049 from HCG this week and this thread illustrated the grip problem that I'd missed!

View attachment 804218View attachment 804219

This is very annoying of course.

I have another major issue; I can't get the chamber to open. It spins when I pull the rear trigger but refuses to open no matter how much force I apply.
Am I missing something important? There's not a hidden catch that I have to move is there? This is driving me crazy.

There's a release switch on the left side of the gun near the back (near where your thumb would be) as you look down the barrel (same side on which the cylinder opens). Not to be confused with the nonfunctional switch on the other side. Hope this helps! :)

There's a release switch on the left side of the gun near the back (near where your thumb would be) as you look down the barrel (same side on which the cylinder opens). Not to be confused with the nonfunctional switch on the other side. Hope this helps! :)

Yep! I JUST beat you to it. I heard your reply coming in as I was checking the 'How to construct the kit' instructions included with the Blaster.
I'd sussed that the catch was probably the issue earlier but I was sliding it backwards not forwards! Lucky I didn't break the laser sight with the force I was exerting!

OK, that's good, one problem solved and now I just need to send my images to HCG and hope for the best.
I'm pleased that I found this forum today despite the outcome (grips). I'll be back!

It would be very helpful if the people awaiting new grips from Japan, me included, would post any updates or actual events here. Unless there's a separate thread? Maybe there should be a separate thread, I'm too new here to decide.

I only asked so that if anyone has actual news that might benefit others then they would they post it and perhaps that might require a different thread. I was only hoping that they might do that if they really had a useful update rather than just basic pleading or complaining. :angel

Awww heck ... I've only been here 24 hours and already I feel like I've messed up. :cry

On the plus side, apart from the issue that shall not be mentioned I'm very impressed with the 'blaster'. It's a nice piece of work and when I first watched Bladerunner in 1982/3 on a black & white Philips 2000 video-cassette at a friends house (still amazed by the film even so) I always hoped that some day a model might appear. It's taken me this long to commit to one but I'm pleased that I did (excepting the slight issue). I watched Bladerunner via my UHD blu-ray player in 2160p HDR on my 65" OLEd TV with Dolby-Atmos sound recently and the difference from my FIRST viewing was somewhat profound!

Last edited:
I only asked so that if anyone has actual news that might benefit others then they would they post it and perhaps that might require a different thread. I was only hoping that they might do that if they really had a useful update rather than just basic pleading or complaining. :angel

Awww heck ... I've only been here 24 hours and already I feel like I've messed up. :cry

On the plus side, apart from the issue that shall not be mentioned I'm very impressed with the 'blaster'. It's a nice piece of work and when I first watched Bladerunner in 1982/3 on a black & white Philips 2000 video-cassette at a friends house (still amazed by the film even so) I always hoped that some day a model might appear. It's taken me this long to commit to one but I'm pleased that I did (excepting the slight issue). I watched Bladerunner via my UHD blu-ray player in 2160p HDR on my 65" OLEd TV with Dolby-Atmos sound recently and the difference from my FIRST viewing was somwhat profound!

Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong! Just keep in mind this issue is likely putting a kink in Tomenosuke's entire production chain, so, as others have said, patience is the key. I wouldn't expect replacements for at least a month, if not two. And make sure you email HCG customer service about it so they know to include you in the replacement order!

And yes. That UHD presentation is utterly phenomenal. Easily the best catalog 4K disc I've seen/heard.

It probably will. :lol
Patience is something that doesn't last long within the collecting community.

I will quote myself from the prior page so it won't get lost in the shuffle:

Does HCG require an initial email request to provide the accurate grips, or should one assume they will eventually send grips to whomever purchased blasters with rounded ones? Thanks!

Sent a mail to HCG Yesterday asking to be on that list for the Replacement grips, cheers for the heads upMoviefreak

Finally got down to start prepping the Tomen for Bluing...darn that’s some sanding involved I tell ya.

4eUfe4ToRvaZgyKy70ORng.jpg
Put all the parts in a bath of White Vinegar for about an Hour.
Its starts to react with the Zamak parts like after 4-5 minutes, the Bolt however must be some other material (could be steel maybe as its a moving part) as it did not react with the Vinegar at all, had to do that part the ol school way by sanding, also not a problem really. All other parts came out almost 100% stripped from the original paint.

umU99ffiQoWmHufkPqsyVQ.jpg
This is how the parts came out of the Vinegar Bath, completely stripped of paint, bolt...no effect at all.

Czh%o%40SwayZOjGNeeRpA.jpg
After sanding and polishing with steel wool.
Used 600, 800 and 1200 grit paper and finally the steel wool 0000.
This seems to be the way to go as this method pops up in every log about modding the Tomen.

I5LxwNPPSnSf74KY73Uhdg.jpg
E36451E0-CE7C-4618-B9F6-E31564482B64.jpeg
The Receiver is/was for me the hardest part to finish so far.
I thought I had it and started with the steel wool, then seeing "micro fissures". going back to 800 and 1200 grit, thinking now its ok, starting with the wool...MICRO FISSURES still visible.
I have to take a break until tomorrow with the Receiver as I keep seeing those Microscopic holes like everywhere at the mo...must be those Adderall I took to keep me on track with the sanding :p Joke but I still see those darn holes. Look at the PIC...can you see them to :p

ceIKiOu2Q86mDa8HmfT4jQ.jpg
Also got the Barrel I ordered on eBay, I did not see at the time I ordered it but its from Steve Dymszo, I realized that when I got the Package as it had his name on there, and I got it LIKE IN 5 DAYS!!! (inside Joke, you must know the background to get that one).

Cheers Guys

4eUfe4ToRvaZgyKy70ORng.jpg

umU99ffiQoWmHufkPqsyVQ.jpg

I5LxwNPPSnSf74KY73Uhdg.jpg

Czh%o%40SwayZOjGNeeRpA.jpg

ceIKiOu2Q86mDa8HmfT4jQ.jpg

E36451E0-CE7C-4618-B9F6-E31564482B64.jpeg

I estimate only for the Receiver like 4-5 hours or so, and I am still not there yet. That’s including making little sanding sticks with different grit, some tubing with sand paper for the screw holes and so on. The Receiver also has a lot of small surfaces like in the back and the slit for the Bolt so it needs time, it’s the biggest most visible part so it should be spot on.

Yea will do the Bulldog and the triggers for sure.

Emailed HGC for the replacement grips. Mine aren't even that bad. But, if replacements are being sent out....might as well fix it. :/ Unfortunate they were shipped this way but glad someone caught it.

Sent a mail to HCG Yesterday asking to be on that list for the Replacement grips, cheers for the heads upMoviefreak

Finally got down to start prepping the Tomen for Bluing...darn that’s some sanding involved I tell ya.

View attachment 805106
Put all the parts in a bath of White Vinegar for about an Hour.
Its starts to react with the Zamak parts like after 4-5 minutes, the Bolt however must be some other material (could be steel maybe as its a moving part) as it did not react with the Vinegar at all, had to do that part the ol school way by sanding, also not a problem really. All other parts came out almost 100% stripped from the original paint.

View attachment 805107
This is how the parts came out of the Vinegar Bath, completely stripped of paint, bolt...no effect at all.

View attachment 805109
After sanding and polishing with steel wool.
Used 600, 800 and 1200 grit paper and finally the steel wool 0000.
This seems to be the way to go as this method pops up in every log about modding the Tomen.

View attachment 805108
View attachment 805122
The Receiver is/was for me the hardest part to finish so far.
I thought I had it and started with the steel wool, then seeing "micro fissures". going back to 800 and 1200 grit, thinking now its ok, starting with the wool...MICRO FISSURES still visible.
I have to take a break until tomorrow with the Receiver as I keep seeing those Microscopic holes like everywhere at the mo...must be those Adderall I took to keep me on track with the sanding :p Joke but I still see those darn holes. Look at the PIC...can you see them to :p

View attachment 805110
Also got the Barrel I ordered on eBay, I did not see at the time I ordered it but its from Steve Dymszo, I realized that when I got the Package as it had his name on there, and I got it LIKE IN 5 DAYS!!! (inside Joke, you must know the background to get that one).

Cheers Guys

Wow. I'm thinking about customizing my Tomenosuke and your photos are really inspiring. PS: White vinegar won't remove the paint from a bolt because it's (probably) an metallic enamel paint.

You got a way better finish than when I did mine(damned German efficiency) :lol
I'm too scared at the moment to attempt the barrel upgrade.
Well done so far sir.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back