Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

here's my fan-theory:

(spoilers?)

first of all, there's a few things we have to consider, which are part of the new canon now:

(a) Palpatine was hearing a voice in his head. and other Sith Lords before him heard it too.
the voice was telling him to go to an unexplored region of the galaxy beyond the outer rim..
..but he was too busy building death stars and getting himself killed. so he never went.

instead: when he died, the imperial fleet was instructed to go to this place beyond the outer rim,
and find the source of the voice in Palpatine's head. without him.

this is how the Empire was transformed into the First Order:
the remnants of the Imperial Fleet went out beyond the outer rim and disappeared for a while..
then they came back, re-organized as the "First Order", under the command of Snoke.
(presumably: the source of the voice, which had been calling to Palpatine).

(b) palpatine was obsessed with the origins of the Force, specifically, the origins of the Dark Side.
he was hoarding jedi artifacts and studying them (like the nazis hoarded religions artifacts in WW2).
he kept them in facilities all across the galaxy.

there's a comic book where Luke goes on a mission with Poe Dameron's mom, after ROTJ.
they visit one of Palpatines facilities and retrieve cloned saplings from a tree.
(it is implied, that the tree has something to do with the Origins of the force).

(c) leaked plot details from LFL have told us that the Force does INDEED come from a tree:
and the "light side" and "dark side" come from the first two "force users" who ever learned how to use the power coming from this tree.
(a boy and a girl).

the boy (evil) kills the girl (good), and this starts a cycle-of-imbalance, which goes on for thousands of years....

-=====-

my theory:

...snoke is the first 'dark side' force user, who has managed to make himself Immortal, using the power of the force.*
Rey is the first "light side" force user, who is reincarnated-by-the-Force, over and over, in an effort to oppose him, and maintain balance.

in a previous life, she was the first "light side" force user: she created the jedi order.. and many thousands of years ago, her Jedi Order managed to defeat this being (snoke).

but he is immortal, so they couldn't actually kill him. instead, they imprisoned him. and he has called out to "Evil Force Users" over the centuries, to come find him and rescue him -- ALL sith lords hear the call, when they become strong enough in the Dark Side.

what does he want? a new body. his old body is broken. obviously -- (this is the ONLY thing we know about snoke from the movie Episode 7; therefore it IS a plot point) --- he has called out to Evil Force Users over the years, and he has tried to lure one of them to come to his location, on the far side of the galaxy, to release him from his prison and BE his new host body.

Palpatine heard the call. but Palpatine only sent his fleet; he didn't come in person
--> so NOW: snoke has been released from his prison by the Imperial Fleet, but snoke STILL needs a new body, of a PURELY evil force-user, to be his new host.

so.. what does he want?

he wants Ben Solo, aka: Kylo Ren, to be his new host body --> Ben Solo is snoke's "dark-side" Chosen One, (as per: "snoke is using you") -- Ben has been "chosen" (by snoke), to embody the "spirit" of the original dark side force user -- as it transfers its consciousness, from one host to another. but Ben is not evil enough (as per:"there's still light in him"). so snoke can't use him for this purpose. yet.

* this is how the Original Dark Sider has kept himself alive all these centuries:
this is how he has found "immortality" on The Force (the elusive goal of the Prequel Trilogy):
he transfers himself into the bodies of willing "hosts", one by one, over the centuries, to keep himself alive...

...meanwhile: the Original Light Sider gets "reincarnated" over and over, BY the Force itself: to oppose him, and maintain Balance.
((he has been alive 'continuously', and she has been alive 'repeatedly', for thousands of years)).

^^ Luke knows all this. when snoke first came onto the scene and corrupted Ben Solo, Luke recognized Snoke was an Ancient Evil -- and he has no idea how to defeat it.

he went in search of the Original Jedi Temple, so he could find out exactly how the Original Jedi Order managed to imprison this thing, a thousand years ago -- and what he learned: it requires a "light-side" Chosen One: the being "chosen" by the Force, to be the reincarnation of the original Light Side User.
this is the ONLY way to imprison snoke, all over again.

so he sat there. and he waited. for Rey: he waited for the original Light Side User (aka: light side "Chosen One") to reveal herself in the flesh -- and when it is finally revealed to him, that the child he left on jakku IS the reincarnation of the original light side force user .. he is gob-smacked.

Now Ben has 'passed the test' and killed his father Han, this means Ben is finally Evil Enough, that Snoke can finally train him to become snoke's replacement host.

snoke is vulnerable at this moment, because he is trapped in a broken body.. but.. if he transfers his consciousness into Kylo, then there will be no stopping him
--> Rey convinces Luke, the time to act is NOW.

- one of them will advocate killing Kylo, to prevent him from becoming a Host Body to the Ultimate Evil (probably Rey);
- the other will advocate turning Kylo back to the light side, as per: ROTJ Vader Redemption Motif (probably Luke).

in the end (of the Trilogy) : the immortal-spirit-of-Snoke WILL enter Kylo's body, and use Kylo as his Host -- and then -- Rey & "Snoke-in-Kylo's-body" will fight a passionate lightsaber duel, as she fights for Ben's Very Soul -- and it will 'seem like' all hope is lost, now that Snoke has finally succeeded in his Ultimate Goal: now that snoke has found a new host, and has taken FULL control of Kylo's body...

...but Kylo is not FULLY evil, as per: "there is still light in him"[Carrie Fisher] --> Rey will turn Kylo back to the light side.. but only AFTER snoke has ALREADY adopted Kylo as his New Host.. only AFTER snoke's own broken body is dead.

(ie: once Snoke has "won", and accomplished his Thousand-Year-Goal of finding a New Host for himself -- once it seems like "all hope is lost", and Snoke-as-Kylo is JUST about to bring his lightsaber down and strike a killing blow against a helpless Rey -- then Kylo will 'mentally' defeat the 'spirit of snoke', from within: that small bit of 'light' inside of him, will take control,a nd REFUSE to kill Rey -- thus destroying the 'spirit of snoke', FOR GOOD).

this will break the cycle of 'dark vs light' , and Rey's Spirit will no longer be reincarnated EITHER, over and over again, to oppose an immortal dark-sider.

(ie: once the spirit of the "Original Dark Side User" is finally dead , then the spirit of the "Original Light Side User" will no longer be reincarnated over & over, by the force: this will break the cycle of Dark vs Light, and unify The Force into a SINGLE entity (no more "dark side" vs. "light side" anymore -- only just "the force" from now on); the "human" bodies of Rey and Ben will be 'Free' to live their lives (to fall in love?)...

....and everyone lives happily ever after).

I called it
:p

Re. your theory? Even if the tree thing has been confirmed (does that mean they're trying to ret-con the midichlorians ret-con?) I really don't think Star Wars needs another explanation for the force that would basically be half Bible origin and half Cloud Atlas

In many ways, Kylo Ren reminds me of Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Someone who was troubled and chose a dark path in life despite the pull towards doing good.

Personally, I'd love to see a Rey / Kylo fight similar to this:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ridire Firean, who do those particular things bother you? Given we've known what Luke's costume is... well, pretty much since December 2015 (assuming they didn't change it drastically for the following film -- which they haven't), the entire premise of that 'shop is flawed.

Well, "why" these things bother me, is because it's not his body, unless the image was stretched vertically during the Photoshoping of it. And if we base the idea of what Luke's lightsaber will look like on the behind the scenes pics we've seen of a "Luke" saber on the table full of props, it isn't going to be brass colored. Though, it'd be fun if it was, and if they explained why he had changed it to that.

As to the outfit, who's to say the man can't change his clothes? Why couldn't this simply be an image of his "action attire", whereas the image of his outfit in Episode VII was his "standing-around-trying-to-keep-warm-on-a-little-island-out-in-the-middle-of-an-ocean attire"? Luke certainly didn't keep his jacket on the entire time he was training on Dagobah, and we've seen countless Jedi flip off their robes/capes to do battle with their lightsabers, so precedent has been set for taking off a layer of clothing for being active.

Now, if your only problem with the image is that the costume hasn't changed "since December 2015".... I didn't realize you'd been given an advanced screening of the movie. :eek ;)

For me, I'll keep my imagination active and mind open to the endless possibilties of what the rest of us will see when the movie is released on the big screen later this year, and I'll allow myself to be entertained by images such as this until then.

In many ways, Kylo Ren reminds me of Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Someone who was troubled and chose a dark path in life despite the pull towards doing good.

Personally, I'd love to see a Rey / Kylo fight similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzCIsNAs_1U

YUP!

This has actually crossed my mind as well... They made Faith almost unredeemable...

And yet in that episode of Angel, at her most psychotic, had her turn back... and it was believable. (Edit - Didn't watch the clip... which was EXACTLY what I just wrote...durrr)

AND she want to prison... AND became a hero again after the fact.

Much in the same way as the brothers in "Warrior"...

Tom Hardy HATED his brother, but in the end, tapped out of a fight with a hug, heh.

You can have a character just SEETHING with hatred, and then take a believable 180 turn if the storyteller can sell it.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND "WARRIOR" BTW.

Last edited:
Lego leaks.

ae783d4304b63ae997f6c470d837ae63.jpg
4428854d5ab293a3d3dde79afd41f51f.jpg
12b6d42141269cda6e5ea4c557574ca6.jpg
2d5ead2b5c73588b007bb1974f9bb45c.jpg
af13a76c3269b4ae0f83f9a35bfb7e2e.jpg
bf2a9ad1fe86a47159c0aacd9e079ab3.jpg
722b19d18500562abde3f321f56697ea.jpg
6c4db1108a6d9634995be7ed9292d178.jpg

Make of that what you will, but they look legit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The First Order Heavy Scout walker looks hideous.

Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter looks pretty cool....bummed he doesn't come with a helmet though. Really starting to wonder if he has a helmet at all in this movie :unsure

Well, they all do (apart from Kylos Tie ) look appallingly bad. Both the Walker and the Scout Walker look like copies of what they are actually based on ie a gorilla and a jumping spider, that Bomber looks like somebody forced to take a tab of acid, given a pile of WWII airfix kits, a tube of glue to sniff and given a hour to come up with something or they would get their brains blown out (it looks like the guy who did the TFA B wing brick) and that 'orrible transporter should Pod OFF.

Last edited:
The First Order Heavy Scout walker looks hideous.

Kylo Ren's Tie Fighter looks pretty cool....bummed he doesn't come with a helmet though. Really starting to wonder if he has a helmet at all in this movie :unsure

I agree. Everything else looks awful. I don't know who they have designing this stuff. The ships they had in the EU fit SW way more than most of the stuff from this series.

It's such a shame that one of this franchise's greatest strengths, i.e. Vehicle & Costume design, has turned into one of its biggest weaknesses. I had hoped that bringing in new directors would see an improvement, but that clearly hasn't happened. Instead we are served the same flawed design philosophy, movie after disappointing movie.

There is more truth to that then you realize, Jason. There is a whole world of people that Last Jedi will be their first SW film. I think it's ok they can have their own unique experience.

And what will those people think if they go back and watch the preceding films?

I guess to Disney, a saga is when their instagram account goes out for half an hour but in the SW world it means something else and they are losing their grasp.

Not having a go at you Bryan, hold you in high regard but since I saw the recent BR 2049 publicity shot of Gosling running through a two feet thick reenforced concrete wall, I have no time for Studio`s.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back