Great to have you back, DV... Can't wait to see your finished hunkajunk!!
Just got a couple of questions:

Did you end up sealing everything with the Hycote Matt lacquer spray yet? Did it work ok?

And what did you use as a final guide for all the black dots and hash marks all over the hull?
Is there some kind of complete top/bottom image that might save having to go through endless reference photos?
I've been using the two pics below for general guidance, but the res is too low to see all the hash marks:

1.jpg2.jpg

Also, did you decide to do anything about the visible part numbers on the lower engine flaps (see below)?

26.jpg

To answer all about the engine light area ... it will be filled on that area. It's kinda of last work I guess, I know many are ultra detailing the engine but l think original was quite bare! So it's a dilemma to increase the details there. Yes I'd love to tho....

Last edited:
Great to have you back, DV... Can't wait to see your finished hunkajunk!!
Just got a couple of questions:

Did you end up sealing everything with the Hycote Matt lacquer spray yet? Did it work ok?

And what did you use as a final guide for all the black dots and hash marks all over the hull?
Is there some kind of complete top/bottom image that might save having to go through endless reference photos?
I've been using the two pics below for general guidance, but the res is too low to see all the hash marks:

View attachment 739231View attachment 739232

Also, did you decide to do anything about the visible part numbers on the lower engine flaps (see below)?

View attachment 739235
Nice, Yes lacquered it...softly. Black dots details I did as per section by section. if you look at my pages :) .
The joining engine parts are going to be thin plastic card covering etc.

Last edited:
Thanks, man...

Honestly, I've followed you every step of the way, and scoured every page for every bit of help available...
But I waited for all the parts to arrive before I started, so I only base weathered the panels individually with lamp black, then fitted all the panels to the frame, and now I'm going to do all the additional streaks/splats/spots/dots in one go...
Guess I was just wondering if you knew of a complete overview of all the hash marks better than the DeAg poster or individual reference pics...

Yours is looking just perfect... Really looking forward to more pics!! :)

Epic !!! Just Epic. I hope mine can get to this level too. Thanks to you Darkview and this great thread for reference quality pics and tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it's pretty easy to fill them and the inter panel gaps and sand down to a smooth finish. I've done that with mine but I don't have any pictures to show just now...

Cheers
Please I'd love to see it, I've ideas on this but it involves not being faithful to the ESB but saying that I can live with the slight lines. It's probably easier with not my technique of lamp black oils!.

Last edited:
Glad to help anyone M, Right here's a few from my NIKON shoot this week. l will put up as many as needed and all angles l can do from time to time, plus l've loads of ideas to create FALCON based extras coming up. Anyway hope you like . . .

7sPYlZjl.jpg

9vMyXvPl.jpg

Last edited:
RIP PHOTOBUCKET.... Out of the blue l will not pay £308 pounds UK a year to 3rd party my build work to help with tips, very sad they hold many to this ransom... I feel they have big time shot themselves in the long term foot!!! Erhh!

RIP PHOTOBUCKET.... Out of the blue l will not pay £308 pounds UK a year to 3rd party my build work to help with tips, very sad they hold many to this ransom... I feel they have big time shot themselves in the long term foot!!! Erhh!

Yes,....me too.....I have TONNES of images on Photobucket,...which were rescued from Imageshack when they reviewed their policies

So....I'm in the middle of another repair job of my threads

Imagur isn't too bad....I'll give them a go

J

Forgive me for asking, but why don't you load your images directly to the site? Is there something bad about that I'm not aware of?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back