Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Ive known Roland for some years now. He is very humble, highly intelligent and likely the single most driven person ive ever met. As per height, he is an honest 6'5" and wide as a truck. He moves like someone half his size when doing martial arts.

I always like hearing about celebs who haven't let the fame go to their heads.

Well, he didn't get to play Vader, but he did get to play the Terminator--and that's pretty darn cool.

The Wook

Again people talk about people being too short or not enough build. Two words. BOB ANDERSON. (6'1" and smaller build than Prowse & I don't recall any complaints, and he was actually in the suit quite a bit of the movie.)

The pace of Vader's walk is the weirdest nitpick I've ever read.

I can't believe that just cuz he didn't walk super fast in the moments we've seen so far, it means he can't. Especially since that Empire walk looks about the same pace anyway.

Why is this a thing?! ha ha.

Just wait for Rogue Two when Vader does the moon walk :lol

I will probably see the movie after I have bought a used BluRay at a flea market a couple of years from now.

NuWars isn't my Star Wars. I have not seen Kyle Katarn or Bria Tharen mentioned anywhere.

Would be pretty damn great to see some Kyle Katarn in action :D

I'm not really going to join this argument, but I think the reason no one has ever complained about Bob in the suit was because it was mostly fast paced lightsaber stuff he was doing and stunts. Not much slow action hero shots. Harder to notice.

Sometimes he was just standing.

I'm not really going to join this argument, but I think the reason no one has ever complained about Bob in the suit was because it was mostly fast paced lightsaber stuff he was doing and stunts. Not much slow action hero shots. Harder to notice.

You know, the more I watch the International trailer the more convinced I am that the Vader shot with his hand out is was a static picture they are animating to look like he is turning.

Never mind, I asked Pablo and he said no, it's in the film.

Last edited:
14874890_10154596585413076_677239586_n.jpg

Anybody else sees this character as a Broadway/Stage actor? Hahaha!

The Rots Vader, suit and actor, was by far a lesson in how to fumble Vader and Wilding is way closer to Prowse than Christiansen and the suit is a huge improvement*. Whatever minor quibles I might have (and I do) the clincher R1 would be if JEJ weren't providing the voice. To me that's a vital part of Vader that I'm glad has retained continuity.

*(pending seeing how that terribly positioned mask is actually shown in the movie)

I thought i read somewhere that JEJ was coming back?

If they got him, amazingly for rebels..a movie should be no problem.

I forgot how hilarious he was in Field of Dreams..

Even with simple throw away lines like ..
'What am I going to tell him?'

This movie truly is looking like it's shaping up to be quite a master work by a crew that should be very proud.

When I saw the very first snippets of this and announcement of the film I really was not all that overly excited about it, BUT I no doubt wanted to see it.

Right now this film is seriously looking top notch. Dare I say even more visually beautiful than the latest SW film, which I LOVE so much. I know there's gripes about aspects of it from the hardcore fans in terms of the Stormtroopers, but overall I have to say this stuff looks just so impressive.

Again I say.... George, why couldn't you have handed this property off to Disney right after Episode 3? Look what we're getting now that we could have started getting 10 years ago (though visual effects are scarily great now compared even to 7 years ago....)

I think the Rogue One team (real world team...) outdid what JJ thought he was doing with TFA, making a nostalgia film. They did it and did it so much better, while telling a new exciting story. That's just from what I've seen in the trailers.

I thought i read somewhere that JEJ was coming back?

If they got him, amazingly for rebels..a movie should be no problem.

I forgot how hilarious he was in Field of Dreams..

Even with simple throw away lines like ..
'What am I going to tell him?'

i loved him in sand lot

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back