Interstellar (Post-release)

question........................
spoilers....................................
why did coop leave the station at the end, isnt the station heading to where brand is..................after all, the wormhole is around saturn, which is where they found cooper.
so they must have been getting ready to enter the wormhole and eventually get to where brand is.

Last edited by a moderator:
unfortunately for early adopters, you know they will always release a better special edition somewhere down the line.

consumers are a sorted bunch, we want our movies released on home video right away, but a good special edition with great extras always takes time.

Sorry but I just frakking HATE all the effin' exclusives. This outlet gives you these extras and this other place give you other extras. Hello? Some folks might want ALL of the extras?

Next up, when releasing a "director's cut" version there will be 8 different versions, all depending on where you buy it :facepalm

question........................
spoilers....................................
why did coop leave the station at the end, isnt the station heading to where brand is..................after all, the wormhole is around saturn, which is where they found cooper.
so they must have been getting ready to enter the wormhole and eventually get to where brand is.

I thought time was moving at a different rate for her and he wanted to get to her before she (or he) was too old for some lovin.

I don't know why the hell it took me so long to see this. Definitely the best movie of 2014. Beautifully done. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack either...can't wait to get this one on blu ray!

It's brought my love for space exploration and astronomy back 100x's.

I don't know why the hell it took me so long to see this. Definitely the best movie of 2014. Beautifully done. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack either...can't wait to get this one on blu ray!

It's brought my love for space exploration and astronomy back 100x's.

Fantastic.

I starve for films like this. So rare.
You might want to check out The Europa Report. It's no Interstellar but they tried to do their homework too.

I hope that studios will see that intelligent films about such things can be big hits.
We have "The Martian" coming soon too. (with some familar faces from Interstellar)

Six minutes of unseen footage Sat 21st. Dang nothing close to me though.
INTERSTELLAR IMAX Encore - Buy One Ticket, Get One FREE[/h]
https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-news/2015/02/interstellar-imax-encore-buy-one-ticket-get-one-free

When INTERSTELLAR came out last year, seeing it in IMAX was a must. The experience was completely amazing. So we're happy to report that it's coming back for a special encore presentation!
Next Saturday, February 21 at 3pm, INTERSTELLAR returns in its full IMAX glory at select AMCs, followed by 12 minutes of never-before-seen footage.
Even better, when you buy one ticket to this encore showing, you get the second one free! This deal is only available at the box office, so make sure to get there early to avoid being sold out. Plus, the first 300 guests at the showing will take home a gorgeous, limited edition set of INTERSTELLAR prints.
Don’t miss your chance to revisit INTERSTELLAR, or see it in IMAX for the first time. Go to the box office and prepare for take off!
Here's the list of AMCs you can see the film at!
SAN FRAN/SAN JOSE
Metreon 16
Cupertino Square 16
Saratoga 14
NYC
Kips Bay 15
34th Street 14
New Brunswick 18
Palisades 21
Stony Brook 17
LOS ANGELES
Burbank 16
BOSTON
Assembly Row 12
SEATTLE
Alderwood 16
Kent Station 14
PITTSBURGH
Waterfront 22
BALTIMORE
Columbia Mall 14
DENVER
Westminster Promenade 24
COLUMBUS, OH
Lennox 24
MADISON, WI
Fitchburg 18
WASHINGTON, DC
Rio Cinemas 18
MIAMI
Sunset Place 24
PHILADELPHIA
Cherry Hill 24
MINNEAPOLIS
Southdale Ctr 16
INDIANAPOLIS
Indianapolis 17
DALLAS
Parks at Arlington 18
TULSA
Southroads 20
ATLANTA
Barrett Commons 14
CHICAGO
Naperville 16
SPOKANE
River Park Square 20
OKLAHOMA CITY
Quail Springs Mall 24
ORLANDO
Altamonte Mall 18
TUCSON
Foothills 15
See you at the movies!

Probably the best space, space exploration films I've ever watched. I mean the only thing I can think of is 2001 as far as a sense of the visuals. ( yea I watched Gravity but other than the visuals thought it was a lousy film). Hated the acting or I should say actors with a passion. Loved the soundtrack!

So what was the deal with the worm hole? Was it an alien created anomaly or was it the future mankind who had made it since they figured out the whole gravity/quantum physics/time deal...??? etc etc

Probably the best space, space exploration films I've ever watched. I mean the only thing I can think of is 2001 as far as a sense of the visuals. ( yea I watched Gravity but other than the visuals thought it was a lousy film). Hated the acting or I should say actors with a passion. Loved the soundtrack!

So what was the deal with the worm hole? Was it an alien created anomaly or was it the future mankind who had made it since they figured out the whole gravity/quantum physics/time deal...??? etc etc

Some good discussions below on that. I'm on board with an evolved future humanity.

http://www.quora.com/Who-created-the-wormhole-in-the-movie-Interstellar

Kinda what I thought but the hole existed way BEFORE humanity solved the "gravity" equation. How could a future intelligence create an anomaly in the past in order to plan for it's existence when no one could have known that team two would succeed? Obviously the black hole was "future" mankind's doing... But the wormhole is difficult to explain. Yet it comes into play with the " first hand shake" etc... I'm confused but I love the film. :)

Wow. And this is after the bluray release. Crazy.

'Interstellar' back on big screens April 7
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/03/20/interstellar-special-screening-exclusive/25044875/

For those who didn't get a chance to watch Interstellar on the big screen, Christopher Nolan's got your back.
The director's Oscar-winning sci-fi drama touches down in theaters again for one night only on April 7 with Beyond the World of Interstellar, a joint venture of Paramount Pictures and Fathom Events.
The presentation will be shown at more than 250 movie theaters across the USA. Tickets are available at FathomEvents.com.

In addition to a screening of the nearly three-hour film starring Matthew McConaughey as an astronaut looking to save mankind, there will be cast interviews, footage from the London red-carpet gala, a look at an orchestra performance of Hans Zimmer's acclaimed score and a round-table discussion of the music and science of the film featuring Nolan, Zimmer and physicist/executive producer Kip Thorne.
And for fans who can't wait that long to relive the space spectacular, Interstellar — which won the Academy Award for best visual effects last month — is now available on digital HD and will be released on Blu-ray and DVD March 31.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back