Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Not by the end of ROTJ, it wasn't.
Yeah I meant at the end of ROTJ.
Nah, he's still pretty whiney. Even Anakin didn't whine for Obi-Wan when HE got attacked with Sith lightning.
tumblr_n1m07k9t5l1r98lguo1_r2_250.gif

I would imagine that by that time Vader knew what Force lightning was and what it could do to you. When he picked up the Emperor he was fully aware of what he was getting himself into.

Luke probably had never even heard of it and was caught totally unawares.

I wish people would stop with the "Gray Jedi" crap. There aren't any. Lucasfilm (through Pablo) has said as much.

I would imagine that by that time Vader knew what Force lightning was and what it could do to you. When he picked up the Emperor he was fully aware of what he was getting himself into.

Luke probably had never even heard of it and was caught totally unawares.

That's one thing that bugged me that Yoda didn't say "Force lightning, the Emperor uses. Block it with your lightsaber you must." Not even a hint. Maybe Yoda was so used to his fancy catch and release power and it slipped his mind. :lol As for Anakin, I'm pretty sure they were taught to block it with their lightsabers because you see Obi Wan do it immediately when Dooku uses it and later Anakin, then Mace. Either that or they were more used to instinctively using their lightsaber and Luke, being a novice, wasn't.

Good. I sincerely hope they close out the Skywalker saga completely. I hope it is never touched again. 9 films of varying quality with a distinct end.

I know this idea is scary to Hollywood, but they can create new material and start new sagas.

J.J. Abrams has recently stated that he sees Episode IX as the end of the Skywalker saga...

I'm actually ok with this. My concern then becomes though, will they still continue with the numbered episodes after that? I personally don't want "saga films" if there are no Skywalkers present. By the time episode IX comes out, there will be enough successful A Star Wars Story (God how I hate that subtitle; there was nothing wrong with Star Wars Anthology) movies, that continuing with just those types of stories won't hurt the bank. It's Disney, after all, and it's still Star Wars. SO DON'T DO IT! PLEASE!

Last edited:
I'm glad he's not Sith, but I do hope he's like from the Unknown Regions or something. It wouldn't make any sense canon wise for some Dark Side user who is more powerful than Palpatine to have been hanging around the Empire during the OT. Either that or some agent of Palpatine's who isn't really as powerful as he's portraying.

Snoke being from the Unkown Regions was strongly suggested in the last Aftermath book.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back