OdiWan72´s prop family

Well, accurate to the death, or not - i like it. :D:thumbsup

Thanks Michael, your inserts finally got some use ;)

- - - Updated - - -

It's looking great for a V1, Markus! We will get the real parts though!

I REALLY hope you´re right...spent a couple of hours browsing numerous websites, checking google pictures etc. while looking for some of the accurate addon parts. :cry

That is one insane prop replica. You have really outdone yourself with this one. My hat would be off to you... if I had a hat that is! :p

I am liking the scanner!! If you ever need someone to take the v1 version off your hands to help fund the v2 version, you know who you can contact!!! :)

Got my SoloHold GK mounts last week and decided to upgrade my current blasters with these.
Here are the two GK´s in their OLD configuration...

Real MGCs, Vince/ CE grills, real scopes (one 2 1/2, one 4x31), real flashhiders, Vince/ CE mount on one, mount from unknown make on the second.

One thing we should pay more attention to are the screw-caps for the COMPAC windage knobs.
There are two variations found on either the 2 1/2x and the 4x31, but only one is accurate...the cap with SMALLER bevel!

Here are my two GK´s on the operating table :lol

...and here is how they look NOW.
I had to set the crossbar on the screenused GK configuration slightly further back to meet the holes already drilled/ tapped from my older mount. This results in a small gap between the mount and the grill, where it SHOULD sit flush against it. Will see, if I fill/ redrill the rear hole in the near future. Gave the screenused blaster a very subtle weathering and decided to leave the grips brown instead of painting them black.

The VD GK has the mount positioned properly and has been weathered more (will redo it asap, just had an hour today to work on these). I also painted the grips black and gave them a slight sanding on the edges to show some wear and expose the brown plastic underneath.

Aarons parts are very well done, BUT I will definately rework the countersunk holes of the discs, since these should be deeper/ more angled so the screws reveal some of the bevel. Looking to upgrade my CE grills (which have too straight edges) with Aarons, if he still has a few spares.
Also had to add some small washers underneath the crossbar of the screenused GK. Otherwise the rear scope-ring would interfere with the C96s rear sight.

Enough talk, here are the pics

Also received my second venturi for the Jawa blaster :cool

Thx for looking.

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest Greed killer fan, but those are pretty sweet! I'm totally envious of the Jawa blaster parts! I was drooling over that blaster when they had the exhibit here.

A few updates...it´s been too quiet over the last couple of months.

Redid the detailing on my ANH DH17 and added the DIP 14-Pin chips and sockets (might add the thicker trigger guard in the near future, JUST for you Frank ;))

Finished my "long-ammo" version of the Hoth rebel blaster rifle (thanks kurtyboy for support with the wooden parts and the rear scope(s)!)

Worked on Dans Luke V2 (still have to apply some dark washes and add the d-ring)

Redid my "Muppet" stunt DL44.
It´s somewhat idealized, since I didn´t want to beat the crap out of it and add all the damages and casting flaws. What you see is basically a heavily handled resin stunt prop with a flaking paintjob...

Also redid the detailing on the mag well of my IG88 blaster rifle, but forgot to take pics.
No updates on the DV reveal or the Hoth scanner, I am afraid :(

thx for looking!

Love the Muppet blaster! Kinda wish I hadn't sold mine years ago.

What'd you use for the scope lens details?

I also like what you did with the muzzle end of the flash hider.

This is incredible, I haven't been following you until now!

questions
1) is your "Muppet" mount cut from an ESB bracket like the rumor? it looks thick (also dose nutz!)

2) the GK grill sits perpendicular to the mount I see, isn't the front of a c96 sloped? How do you get it to sit at 90 degrees?

3) unrelated note, are there airsoft or replica versions of the Explorer AR-7? I've been looking for weeks and only turned up mentions of them on other boards

This is incredible, I haven't been following you until now!

questions
1) is your "Muppet" mount cut from an ESB bracket like the rumor? it looks thick (also dose nutz!)

2) the GK grill sits perpendicular to the mount I see, isn't the front of a c96 sloped? How do you get it to sit at 90 degrees?

3) unrelated note, are there airsoft or replica versions of the Explorer AR-7? I've been looking for weeks and only turned up mentions of them on other boards

the Muppet blaster bracket is an amalgation of ESB (upper) and ROTJ (lower)

yes, the MGC front of the mag well is sloped, but you won't have any problems fitting the grill to it...some eyeballing and all is fine ;)

there WERE AR7 replicas back in the 70's/ 80's. I built my first Hoth blaster pistol based on a gas powered one and currently have a springer AR7 explorer rifle complete with shoulder stock. These are VERY rare and fetch high prices amongst collectors

the Muppet blaster bracket is an amalgation of ESB (upper) and ROTJ (lower)

yes, the MGC front of the mag well is sloped, but you won't have any problems fitting the grill to it...some eyeballing and all is fine ;)

there WERE AR7 replicas back in the 70's/ 80's. I built my first Hoth blaster pistol based on a gas powered one and currently have a springer AR7 explorer rifle complete with shoulder stock. These are VERY rare and fetch high prices amongst collectors

Thanks for the answers!

My dad ( redbutton ) and I have been plopping the heat sink on the front of his Denix and scratching our heads wondering if its supposed to sit flush and angled or straight with a gap at the top :lol

beautiful muppet blaster by the way, honestly it looks better than the real thing, which doesn't even show the threaded rods in the bolts

and that sucks to hear about the old AR-7s. Without a license I can't quite become Scott! ;) .....they're rare, you say.......challenge accepted!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back