The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

So I have pretty much the rest of the arrow sorted and Just need the shaft. Any specific brands/models you guys recommend?

Thanks for sharing those 2d drawings for the bow's body.
I'm taking the same route, should have it cut down this weekend. Then I'll have to sand my ass off.

Tell me, have you drafted up the flat version of the arms yet? I'll be doing the same thing. I'll probably screw down some round wood discs and use them as a guide for the thermal forming of the arms, but I wondered if you've drawn up any preliminary designs for the arms? I was going to 3d model them in their bent form, then use that as a guide to draw them flat. But if you've got anything already, I'd love to see/swap notes.

J
made arough draft, but did a little changing up afterwards, but it will work as a base ;)

Attachments

• arm.pdf
    81.7 KB · Views: 145
  • arm.jpg
    arm.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 171
That looks pretty dang good for homemade! People seem to be making pretty good progress on their stuff.

(Having said that, I'm done with this thread. It's taken a turn in a whole different direction than was originally intended.)

Totally agree. This thread was intended for research and information on the show's props/costumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I just want to say the thread has a been a great help so far on improving my costume for this year's convention season and introduce myself to everyone!

That's what I thought. Yao Fei and his daughter Shado have different bows. The one Oliver takes with him to Starling is Shado's bow.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
wow I'm glad I read this. I also thought that shado and oliver used Yao Fei's recovered bow.

Found a leather jacket on etsy the pics they had on the site where Photoshop but I contacted someone who bought the jacket sent me these View attachment 407568 the colour is great the hood is meh not keen apparently it does t have the back details or stretch Jersey but I'm asking them if they can make alterations even like this I really like the jacket
about the jacket, but in the show has he started wearing in public without the hood attached of course? just a small observation that I wanted to know if I was correct on.

0.jpgIf you go to season 2 episode 15 of arrow, the bow roy is practising with seems to look like a jandao songzu recurve but just painted or sanded the limbs, or maybe a samick polaris? i know its blurry but still look.

Guys, this thread is for "The Arrow" and is meant for compiling definitive information on screen accurate costumes and props used by Oliver Queen. For other characters and your own builds you should really make a new thread because posting irrelevant information here only takes away from the good work done by the original posters that has benefited us all so much.

I season one Oliver had a bunch of random arrows on the metal table and I thought this one looked cool. It's the magnus stinger 2 blade broadhead.
image.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back